eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Am I Toast? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/84657-am-i-toast.html)

Dancoop 04-10-2015 08:54 PM

Am I Toast?

I have an eBay account and right now for the next evaluation period I will have a defect rate of over 10% on both US and Global.

There's no way to bring it down is there because the evaluation period will be up to March 31st and it wouldn't take in consideration any sales you make now. This is sort of a one off incident where my supplier ran out of stock so it delayed delivery time. My sales on April will bring the defect rate down dramatically but I am afraid I might get immediate suspension. This is not a stealth account just my own that I am using.

What you guys think?

just_smile 04-11-2015 02:26 AM

Re: Am I Toast?

It depends on your sales and selling limits. If you're at 10% but only have 100 sales and your selling limits are high, it.can be fixed by selling alot to dilute the defect percentage.

How long have you been at 10% ?

Dancoop 04-11-2015 03:55 AM

I have a high selling limit and as of now I am still above standard. When the 20th rolls around I'll be below. I am currently at 12%, hopefully it doesn't get worst before then.

I feel I can turn it around, it was just an off month. But I heard from some people that if you over 10% you get immediate ban, don't know if it's true though.

just_smile 04-11-2015 04:09 AM

I haven't seen anything official that states that.

You're best working out exactly how many defect free sales you need to get above standard. If you don't know how, post your seller dashboard stats here and we can tell you.

Haidukken 04-11-2015 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancoop (Post 658416)
I have a high selling limit and as of now I am still above standard. When the 20th rolls around I'll be below. I am currently at 12%, hopefully it doesn't get worst before then.

I feel I can turn it around, it was just an off month. But I heard from some people that if you over 10% you get immediate ban, don't know if it's true though.

Sorry for being nosy, but if you have high selling limits and suddenly went up to 12% then surely you should first identify where the problem is and then perhaps NEVER do it again?
My guess is that you either sold something REALLY crappy and people were disappointed or you used a dropshipper and they couldn't fulfill their obligations and you ended up with %.

High sellings limits are good not only to get more money, but you can also sell down your defect % really quickly.
If you care about your account and future income, then you have to bite the bullet and just sell 100% happy customer items to the limits and hope for the best. If you don't care about your account, well then you can just carry on doing what you do and hope that you get to 5% before they get to banhammer.

If I was you, I'd bite the bullet and sell quick, without much of a profit/no profit at all and try to get that % down ASAP.

When it comes to suspension- Your guess is as good as mine, but it MIGHT be a sudden death in your case as the % jumped up really quickly, rather than "just went over a bit"

rsot 04-11-2015 08:24 AM

Start making backup accounts right away - don't rely only on this account

Dancoop 04-11-2015 12:07 PM

You think it's worth calling them to explain before the evaluation? Or would I just just wait til the 20th.

dallis 04-20-2015 10:11 PM

Nope, won't do any good to call and beg.

And for goodness sake never try to sell anything ever again that you don't have in your sweaty little hand!

I've never successfully redeemed a situation like this BUT you have have nothing to lose, try to pump out a bunch of $.99 stuff with free shipping, it's probably throwing good money after bad, but you can try...

Painful lesson, but most of us have been there at some point or another. Start new accounts and make new mistakes, don't repeat the old ones.

JoeyFattse 04-20-2015 10:16 PM

This is random but does anyone know if bicycles are a high risk item to list ??

Dmshark25 04-20-2015 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyFattse (Post 661331)
This is random but does anyone know if bicycles are a high risk item to list ??

It all depends on many factors, the price, brand, whether it's just one used item, or if ur selling a store full of new bicycles

And the account, is it aged over 90 days

JoeyFattse 04-20-2015 10:30 PM

@dmshark25 I'm in a pretty desperate situation here and need to list this bike :/ the account is a month old with 10 selling feedback of selling action figures, also the bike is shimano brand, hardly used.

Dancoop 04-21-2015 06:15 PM

So the evaluation period happened. I am below standard wit 10+ percent. Doesn't seem like anything happened to my account. Didn't get a email from eBay or anything yet. Does this mean they are still determining my penalty or am I fine. At least til next month.

sugarlaces 04-22-2015 01:37 PM

With below standard it is almost impossible to sell, as you will be at the very very very very end of the queue for buyers to find your listing on ebay.

Leave a few dollars outstanding in fees, they will suspend the account and take no action over a few dollars after 2nd billing cycle,
After one year pay the fees, new seller dashboard. Otherwise if you cant imrove stats fast then they will indefinetely restrict so I have found this way works better.

oompaloompa 04-28-2015 08:17 AM

with below standard, the penalty is mainly that they cut your selling limits right down, you can still sell a few things, and make sure they are safe things that go smoothly.....