7-day restriction from VERO hit...how thin is the ice? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-12-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default 7-day restriction from VERO hit...how thin is the ice?

First, thanks to everyone for all their help in the past. I apologize for the infrequency of posts, but that's testament to getting out of the ditch a time or two thanks to this forum (and having bought both books) and then getting busier, so I appreciate that.

Looks like I've taken two VERO hits too close together and they've given me the 7-day restriction now, even though it was just one item that has been listed by me and others for some 3 years now. Am in a line of business where everything is VERO-related but low-value and usually doesn't get a lot of interest, but when you have 250 items up it's a bit like slo-mo Russian roulette.

OTOH, the account has survived for 9 years so far and my competition also has long-lived accounts even though I know they've taken some real VERO hits (one guy has 7,000+ items). I usually get about one hit a year, though those don't seem to be created equal. I can do fine without selling the item (it wasn't even a big seller).

Usually I get one VERO hit every 12-18 months and won't try to sell the item again. My question is how much tolerance is built into the system, i.e. can you live these things down and are larger sellers allowed more hits before they lower the boom. How many months would I have to go without a hit before the next step won't likely be a 30-day? This bit of unwelcome uncertainty may have me putting more effort into other venues (And I realize that if luck is truly bad I may need to get another account).
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-12-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: 7-day restriction from VERO hit...how thin is the ice?

AFAIK it is allowed to have 2 veros per year. Third will cause 7 day selling privileges suspension and probably will lead to a permanent selling privileges limitation.
Old 04-12-2015

Longevity: 56%

I thought it was 3 VERO's in a three month period? Maybe that's only with established accounts though or has changed?
Old 04-12-2015

Longevity: 76%

Very thin ice, if you've already got the 7 day, you don't have much left. Maybe 1 more removal and you're toast. I've even seen them ban while the 7 day restriction is still in the process.

Tread carefully
Old 04-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 89%

BTW, the 7-day is a prohibition on listing new items or modifying existing ones. So the other 249 or so items stay up on 30-day fixed, with a vacation coming up anyway after tax day and no practical effect there.

Didn't know if there was another kind of 7-day but thought I may need to clarify. Will check to see if I've ever gotten to that stage before.
Old 04-12-2015

In my case, 7 day was the end of selling. And that was a 12 yr acc.
Old 04-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
AFAIK it is allowed to have 2 veros per year. Third will cause 7 day selling privileges suspension and probably will lead to a permanent selling privileges limitation.
This is NOT true
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (04-17-2015)
Old 04-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknezz19 View Post
I thought it was 3 VERO's in a three month period? Maybe that's only with established accounts though or has changed?
This is NOT true either
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (04-17-2015)
Old 04-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

There is no assigned order of how many ver0 hits you can take. A lot has to do with the actual ver0 item itself, sometimes it is the category. If you get a Ver0 hit (and you don't plan on stopping) then you gotta let that account cool down. I say a cool down period of at least 90 days. Depending on the item, perhaps even longer. There is not always a safety net, and you all need to remember that we are talking about EBAY, the king of randomness! This is why we say do not sell ver0. It is always thin ice.

Hopefully the ver0 you are selling is legit and you are just getting hit by a ver0 asshat who does not care to reply back to your emails. There are far worse things than losing your account that can happen.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (04-17-2015), rsot (04-16-2015), yankee (04-19-2015)
Old 04-16-2015

Longevity: 59%
Send a message via Skype™ to sln531

When u sell Vero it is playing with fire some people can go days week or months or hell even years! It all depends on what Vero u are selling and how smart u are selling it.

I used to sell Vero years ago and have a knowledge of how eBay works and what they usually look for as well drop me a PM I might be able to help you out
The Following User Says Thank You to sln531 For This Useful Post:
Drecn (04-16-2015)
Old 04-16-2015

Longevity: 52%

Not til my 3rd hit in about 2 1/2 years did I get a 7-day suspension. I got hit again a month later and got the 12-month suspension/permanent paypal limitation. All used software.
Old 04-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

There is no concrete system for vero. All I can say is your on super thin ice if you got the 7 day. Best to let that account RIP forever. Or just pull the trigger on it. Might be flagged already.
Old 04-16-2015

IMHO if a MC999 comes, one should stop selling the problematic item for at least 6 months.
Old 04-16-2015

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
Very thin ice, if you've already got the 7 day, you don't have much left. Maybe 1 more removal and you're toast. I've even seen them ban while the 7 day restriction is still in the process.

Tread carefully
This happened to my real account. I got a 7 day suspension, didn't do anything and they blocked my account selling in that category a day before the suspension was going to end. The account is still up and running today, but cannot sell in my preferred category.
Old 04-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

eBay has never been consistent when it comes to VERO violations. Bjammin is absolutely correct, it all depends on - as near as we can tell - the specific ITEM that was hit with the violation and the main category that you sell in.

For example, a user who sells mostly toys, but gets hit with a VERO violation on a DVD they sold is likely to survive. If their MAIN category was DVD's, however, then the chances of survival become slimmer.

It also depends on the amount of money involved. Obviously, eBay would consider selling a phake Rolex for $4,500 to be a much bigger problem that selling a phake DVD for $10.

When they make a suspension decision, it can be any number of factors that do you in. Your listing history, your complaints history, whether or not they were able to verify you definitively as a real person or not, what your sales volume is, etc.

At the end of the day, you want to avoid these types of violations whenever possible. It is why I gave up on selling most DVD's and now only sell the rare and out of print titles.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (04-18-2015)
Old 04-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Numerous cases of accounts getting axed after 1 Vero warning so there is no set limit. You should not use this account again for the same sale OP
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
muzzie (04-16-2015)
Old 04-16-2015

Seems like a Russian roulette to me, actually.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
Drecn (04-16-2015)
Old 04-16-2015

Longevity: 58%

I have been through this two or three times. Left the accounts for a couple of weeks and returned back in the game. And I still have those accounts. Had no idea this could be fatal.
Old 04-16-2015

I agree with this, I was toasted during the 7 day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post

Tread carefully
Old 04-16-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
I have been through this two or three times. Left the accounts for a couple of weeks and returned back in the game. And I still have those accounts. Had no idea this could be fatal.

this has happened to me recently and i am going too do what this person says but VERO i thought not only gives a harsher algorithm but ALSO has that vero person look thru the gambit of items for ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ...just recently they said it was the image....the image everybody else uses or even the one created by the manufacture ....so i now get most of my pictures off any craiglist.....keep it fresh and different each time ...i love how they say stay or get creative in this forum bcuz thats what u have to do to survive and live well in our career choice
The Following User Says Thank You to Drecn For This Useful Post:
ghostfromeurope (04-17-2015)
Old 04-16-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

The worst part is that your visibility of listings is almost nothing, they must have everything broken up in different regions and when u get hot with very violations they expose your listings to the smallest group

So if an item that usually sells and sold on this account just days before the violation went for say $100 consistently

Than your luck to get $60 with Auctions

And forget about BIN YOU won't be able to,sell anything, they really make it so even though your not restricted from selling , they make it near impossible to make any profit
Old 04-18-2015

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
eBay has never been consistent when it comes to VERO violations. Bjammin is absolutely correct, it all depends on - as near as we can tell - the specific ITEM that was hit with the violation and the main category that you sell in.

For example, a user who sells mostly toys, but gets hit with a VERO violation on a DVD they sold is likely to survive. If their MAIN category was DVD's, however, then the chances of survival become slimmer.

It also depends on the amount of money involved. Obviously, eBay would consider selling a phake Rolex for $4,500 to be a much bigger problem that selling a phake DVD for $10.

When they make a suspension decision, it can be any number of factors that do you in. Your listing history, your complaints history, whether or not they were able to verify you definitively as a real person or not, what your sales volume is, etc.

At the end of the day, you want to avoid these types of violations whenever possible. It is why I gave up on selling most DVD's and now only sell the rare and out of print titles.
This jives with my personal experience, I know I sold several VERO items on my first account, the one that got me the 12-month suspension was listed at $350 the others were around $30.