eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   ip address, comcast xfinity wifi, and stealth (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/87820-ip-address-comcast-xfinity-wifi-stealth.html)

nohnoh 07-25-2015 02:31 AM

ip address, comcast xfinity wifi, and stealth

Does anyone know about xfinity wifi and is it safe using stealth?

Its near my home and I've used it with my suspended ebay/pp before. However. the IP address changes every time I log into it.

This is similar to dial up correct? As long as I start on a new windows account, I should be safe?

For those that dont know, xfinity wifi is pretty much any comcast owner emits wifi that any other comcast user can use. Similar to a coffee shop hotspot.

ScottieBoi 07-25-2015 11:59 AM

Re: ip address, comcast xfinity wifi, and stealth

I'm following this case I'm curious to know what this is about. How can you get a different IP address every time you sign into Comcast? Assuming that you disconnect and reconnect your computer, but I don't see how that could change the IP address.

empirestate 07-25-2015 12:04 PM

Comcast all in one router is not good if you want dynamic IPs because it is static.

BlackLion 07-25-2015 03:09 PM

The all in one router (telephony modem) by Xfinity is not good for Stealth, as the ip addresses are Static, and not Dynamic. This is no where near the same as dial up. As far as the free wifi xfinity hotspots goes (members only), I haven't tried those, but it would be a risk using them for accounts, as far as I'm concerned.

curtis1106 08-25-2015 09:02 PM

I know the xfinity hotpsots give a different IP everytime you connect or disconnect. The one at my house for sure gives a different IP when I switch between user accounts and reconnect to the web. I have not yet tested it with ebay/paypal though. Will be trying that soon and Ill let you all know.

nohnoh 08-26-2015 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curtis1106 (Post 698450)
I know the xfinity hotpsots give a different IP everytime you connect or disconnect. The one at my house for sure gives a different IP when I switch between user accounts and reconnect to the web. I have not yet tested it with ebay/paypal though. Will be trying that soon and Ill let you all know.

OP here. I ended up ditching the idea. I started recording the actual ip address given to me and they ended up repeating.

I've used the xfinity wifi to log on into a paypal (which is now limited) so better be safe than sorry than to use the xfinity wifi for a new stealth account as the ips may link the accounts together.

Your miles may vary but a second test by you would confirm my suspicion that this idea does not work.

123 08-26-2015 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nohnoh (Post 698560)
OP here. I ended up ditching the idea. I started recording the actual ip address given to me and they ended up repeating.

I've used the xfinity wifi to log on into a paypal (which is now limited) so better be safe than sorry than to use the xfinity wifi for a new stealth account as the ips may link the accounts together.

Your miles may vary but a second test by you would confirm my suspicion that this idea does not work.

Yeah you would have to always record your IPS to make sure your not getting a duplicate or go the VPN/VPS route if you dont want to have to record