ebay closing all cases in buyers favor after suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-15-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default ebay closing all cases in buyers favor after suspension

My ebay account has been MC013 suspended but ebay has escalated all the cases that were open and then closed in in buyer's favor immediately.

Most of those open cases had tracking numbers provided, on some of them the buyers even commented that item arrived but for some reason they didn't close the case. eBay didn't care and just refunded them all, so I have lost around 1000$ even though every single item was sent out. They have also refunded some of the recent buyers that didn't even ask for it and were happy with their purchases (feedback confirms it).

This is just plain theft and it's not fair, I have contacted them and someone from appeals team will get back to me within few days. I am however under impression that they will not reverse it, the message mentions stuff like "severe account suspension".

Is there any way to fight them and get my money back, perhaps report to some relevant authorities or agencies? Does anyone have experience with this stuff?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: ebay closing all cases in buyers favor after suspension

For proper advice, you will need to state what you were selling...and that's your choice. There is no general/default approach to this problem.

Are you selling risky items?
Old 08-15-2015

Longevity: 55%

This always happens when they ban you...you are correct its theft!!!
Old 08-15-2015

Longevity: 52%

What sux is that I don't see how they could get your money back after they already refunded the buyers. Just not right
Old 08-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
For proper advice, you will need to state what you were selling...and that's your choice. There is no general/default approach to this problem.

Are you selling risky items?
Video games, nothing risky, tons of them on other listings. Ebay suddenly considered me high risk and slammed with permanent restriction. This wasn't even a stealth account, I have passed all the verification thingies before successfully.

Is there no way I can complain about it? To BBB or some UK equivalent of it?This is plain wrong, I am getting messages from some buyers that they are sorry for not closing the case and asking how to repay but most of them will probably be just happy that they get to keep a free item.
Old 08-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

This always happens. When eBay suspends an account, they automatically close any open cases and refund the buyers. Worse, they send a letter to people who have bought from you in the last 30 days stating that they had to close your account for security reasons (I cannot remember the exact wording, but it makes you look like a crook) and encourages them to file for refunds.

In other words, when eBay closes your account, they bend you over and hold you down while your buyers have their way with you. It is open season on your money.

Luckily, many buyers ignore these letters if they got their items and they are happy. But there are always SOME BUYERS who will rejoice, because now they have a way to get a free item, at your expense. They justify it in their minds by saying "well, eBay recommended that I do this, so..."

It sucks but that is the way the system works. Yes, it IS theft. But eBay will never be held accountable. Most people do not lose enough money to get a lawyer involved and if eBay WERE taken to court over it, they would tell the judge that they had to take this action because they received reports that your items were not being delivered, were dangerous, not as described, counterfeit, grey market, or whatever. I have always held out the hope that one day, a lawyer WOULD get involved and try to file a class action lawsuit over it, although I do not know that this type of thing would be able to be filed as a class action since eBay could claim the circumstances in each case were different.

All we can do is know how the system works and learn to work the system. That is the best revenge.
Old 08-15-2015

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork View Post
Video games, nothing risky, tons of them on other listings. Ebay suddenly considered me high risk and slammed with permanent restriction. This wasn't even a stealth account, I have passed all the verification thingies before successfully.

Is there no way I can complain about it? To BBB or some UK equivalent of it?This is plain wrong, I am getting messages from some buyers that they are sorry for not closing the case and asking how to repay but most of them will probably be just happy that they get to keep a free item.
You can take them to the smalls claims court in the uk:
https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview
Old 08-15-2015

Best thing to do if ebay do this to ur account is cancel ur dd with bank and let the buyers make a bogus claim(as they do once ebay notifies them ur acc is suspended) and let paypal pay the bogus claims - **** em'!!!!!
Old 08-15-2015

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welbs View Post
Best thing to do if ebay do this to ur account is cancel ur dd with bank and let the buyers make a bogus claim(as they do once ebay notifies them ur acc is suspended) and let paypal pay the bogus claims - **** em'!!!!!
Oh ya. That is a great idea.
Old 08-15-2015

It is if u dont want paypal charging ur bank for buyer claims via ebays lovely message to them all wen they ban u and false claims are made a plenty.....getta clue son!!!!
Old 08-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welbs View Post
This COULD work if I didn't have half of my funds frozen in paypal balance without the possibiliy to withdraw for the next 180 days.

What I found weird I think that ebay is opening cases on their own, I get reports of cases closed in favor of buyer that were never opened and buyers don't know anything about them.

Since I'm not residing in the UK (just selling on ebay UK), I can't go for the small claims court, I will however file a report with the better business buearu, since ebay is incorporated in the US they should be able to help since what ebay is doing is plain robbery, I literally got messages from buyers asking how to repay me saying that they never actually wanted the money back and that they are happy with my service.
Old 08-15-2015
Banned

Longevity: 52%

99% of the time eBay will side with buyers.
Old 08-16-2015

Activity: 28%
Longevity: 58%

I had this happen on my very first stealth account.

Same thing which happens to everyone when a account gets suspended BUT I still won my case.

The buyer had opened a case saying the shirt I sent him smelt like "bad fish" ...well since he had opened the case my funds obviously were held, my account was suspended BUT when I called in and acted like I really needed the money (which I did at the time) and explained how the guys statement was false I get the case sided in my favor.

We can all play the blame game say eBay is evil and sides with the buyer 99% of time like everyone else says on here or you can TRY and do something about it. My apologies if you already called in, I didn't read every post on this thread.

Call in and state your case and you might get it overturned if its a valid reason why.

My mindstate is eBay only sides with buyers if they have a justifiable reason. Strictly eBay not paypal because they're different when it comes to cases BUT because I don't have the closed mindstate that they "side with buyers 99% the time" I actually win 99% of my cases. Thats not a overstatement either, I win practically all my cases because I always can explain why and I never take no for a answer. I call back, and keep calling until I get a rep who will listen.
Old 08-16-2015

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
I had this happen on my very first stealth account.

Same thing which happens to everyone when a account gets suspended BUT I still won my case.

The buyer had opened a case saying the shirt I sent him smelt like "bad fish" ...well since he had opened the case my funds obviously were held, my account was suspended BUT when I called in and acted like I really needed the money (which I did at the time) and explained how the guys statement was false I get the case sided in my favor.

We can all play the blame game say eBay is evil and sides with the buyer 99% of time like everyone else says on here or you can TRY and do something about it. My apologies if you already called in, I didn't read every post on this thread.

Call in and state your case and you might get it overturned if its a valid reason why.

My mindstate is eBay only sides with buyers if they have a justifiable reason. Strictly eBay not paypal because they're different when it comes to cases BUT because I don't have the closed mindstate that they "side with buyers 99% the time" I actually win 99% of my cases. Thats not a overstatement either, I win practically all my cases because I always can explain why and I never take no for a answer. I call back, and keep calling until I get a rep who will listen.
From the posts of yours i read.. You have to be the luckiest person on this forum ever!

I on the other hand lose 99% of cases to buyers no matter what lengths I go to try to win! I don't even bother anymore, I just bend over lol
The Following User Says Thank You to last3379 For This Useful Post:
Bunneh (08-20-2015)
Old 08-20-2015
Threadstarter  

Well, I have just received a reply from ebay and they stated that the account was suspended because my PayPal was restricted. I have then contacted PayPal again and they said the restriction was caused by the eBay suspension.

Are their actions just plain random or is there some hidden sense in that that I am unable to notice?

I no longer care about my account but I would really like to get my $1000 back, so once again I went on phone with eBay, threatened to file reports with authorities and notify the media, so that I could finally get my case escalated to their Escalations Team (anyone heard about them? is that some equivalent of paypal's executive escalations?). I am supposed to get a reply within 48-72h, I will keep you updated.
Old 09-01-2015
MU

Longevity: 57%

If you feel you are legit, small claims court. You will win because Ebay will not send a lawyer. Not worth their time. But you need to have your shlt in order. Copies of tracking, etc but Im sure youre locked out of your account but PAYPAL has copies of everything you would need for a small claims case. Yuo show you delivered your item with no complaints etc. Ebay must show the buyer is not satisfied and they must send broken items etc back to seller.
Its your call
Old 09-01-2015
MU

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork View Post
Well, I have just received a reply from ebay and they stated that the account was suspended because my PayPal was restricted. I have then contacted PayPal again and they said the restriction was caused by the eBay suspension.

Are their actions just plain random or is there some hidden sense in that that I am unable to notice?

I no longer care about my account but I would really like to get my $1000 back, so once again I went on phone with eBay, threatened to file reports with authorities and notify the media, so that I could finally get my case escalated to their Escalations Team (anyone heard about them? is that some equivalent of paypal's executive escalations?). I am supposed to get a reply within 48-72h, I will keep you updated.

OK. You know how many people CLAIM TO FILE and NEVER DO? They dont care.
Know what every big corporation does when they get any EMAIL with the word SUE, SUIT, COURT, etc? They send it to their LEGAL DEPARTMENT. Know what their legal department does? NOTHING.

BUT, when you send them an email with the court case number, they actually do something. They might refund you, they might not.
Old 09-11-2015
Banned

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
This always happens. When eBay suspends an account, they automatically close any open cases and refund the buyers. Worse, they send a letter to people who have bought from you in the last 30 days stating that they had to close your account for security reasons (I cannot remember the exact wording, but it makes you look like a crook) and encourages them to file for refunds.
i have personally tested this and it doesnt always work out that way. i had buyers open disputes while my account was in good standing. i then listed something vero that would easily get me suspended.

my account would become naru and all open cases remained opened for the full 6 days before buyers could escalate.
Old 09-11-2015

Longevity: 53%

Yes, a known issue. One of the reasons why you should not keep too much money in your PP.