Account indefinitely suspended - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-15-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Account indefinitely suspended

I just got "indefinitely suspended." I was selling handmade/assembled jewelry on a new account created in May (I have another account I've had for 11 years that I buy supplies for my business and household stuff on and used to sell on - no problems ever on that account). I only had eleven items listed and I think they were all priced under $20. I'd sold maybe six items in the last 30 days. All positive feedback, no defects, nada.

I was told by customer service that my account was "high risk" because I was selling too many items at once and my suspension could not be reviewed. When I pressed for more information how that could possibly be too many items, the CSR huffily informed me that they didn't have to give out any more information. After I asked if there was a manager I could speak to, she told me I should "explore other avenues of online selling" and was then hung up on. All I could picture in my head was Fez from That 70's Show saying "I said GOOD DAY!"

eBay has become a huge joke. And, of course, I linked my two accounts to raise my selling limits. So far though, no changes on my original account. Not that I'm inclined at this point to buy or sell anything through eBay any longer.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Account indefinitely suspended

Yeah ebay is very iffy that way. Doesnt seem like theyre overly interested in the smaller sellers anymore.
As for your linked account - it can come down at any moment now that it has a 'hard' link to a suspended account...
Old 08-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

eBay's policies are INSANE! I'm sure they closed your account for a reason, but I don't think it was the reason they gave you. A few years ago, they would not discuss a reason AT ALL. You just got an email that said "eBay reserves the right in it's sole discretion, blah, blah, blah..." and if you called in to ask what the reason was, they would tell you that to find out, you would have to sue them in court and subpoena that information.

We actively fight back against the unfairness every day with every booted seller that we help get back on their feet. Every item sold by a stealther is a victory, albeit a small one.

It kills me that they kick honest people off their website left and right, but hen you go and browse at eBay you can find counterfeits GALORE! Not to mention the scammers. And all the cheap crap shipped directly from overseas.

I miss the OLD eBay. The one where it was HARD to lose an account. Where you could actually COMMUNICATE with others on their website. And leave a bad feedback for scamming buyers. You know, back in the good old days where their biggest sellers were NOT BestBuy, Dell and NewEgg...
Old 08-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Yeah, when I called yesterday I was told it was for unpaid seller fees. Both times I talked to someone overseas. I may call again on Monday and try to get someone in the US to talk to, but only for my own peace of mind at this point.

The really annoying thing is that I'm a legitimate business, with an EIN and everything. I sell what I consider to be fairly successfully on Etsy, for a "part time" business that I run while at home with my kids, and sold some of the same products on my original eBay account last summer with no issues whatsoever. Of course, like I said, that account has been around for over a decade, so there's no selling limits or anything like that on it, but I wanted to have a "clean" account for selling my jewelry since I do (did) buy so many of my supplies on eBay.

Luckily, most of my suppliers have independent websites as well, but buying on eBay was just so much more convenient than going to half a dozen different sites to purchase.

In addition to my own long-standing account, I also did listings and customer service on eBay for one of the largest/highest rated sellers in the DVD category for about eight years, so I've been around eBay for a long. They're a far cry from the company they were even five years ago. They used to be THE place for small business to get their start online, and these days, considering their ridiculous limits on every new account, etc, I don't know how anyone can build a business on eBay anymore.
Old 08-18-2015
MU

I suggest you to try to contact eBay via facebook. You can send private message there.
I don't know maybe it's just my own luck, but when i contact by facebook, this support group is very helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to tromoto For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (08-18-2015)
Old 08-18-2015
Threadstarter  

I actually found an email address for eBay and got a response. They basically said that they decided I was high risk and it was in the "best interests" of the eBay community that my relationship with eBay be terminated and that I would not be able to appeal this decision and to continue with e-commerce I would have to find another venue. Oh, but thanks for choosing eBay and they appreciate my business!

*facepalm*

No details on why they decided my account was high risk or anything like that, just a "don't let the door hit you in the donkey on the way out."

I did email back asking for more information on why they decided I was untrustworthy (something I really take rather personally) and pointed out my good history on eBay again, but I'm not holding my breath for a response. I'm not positive there's a real reason.
Old 08-19-2015

Longevity: 53%

A common story!! your chances of getting a valid response is minimal as is the chances of getting your account back.. ebay has so many accounts they just bulk suspend and and move on.....