Ebay Account suspend - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-29-2015
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Ebay Account suspend

I woke up to find my business burnt to the ground, or rather an email from eBay saying my seller account has been suspended infinitely. I run a store and eBay is a major part of my income each month so to have all my listings pulled was quite mind numbing. I had been below standard in the area of shipping and handling since June and had been working diligently with eBay to get my percentage in this ONE area back up. I have been in above standard in every other area and in full policy compliance since joining eBay almost 10 years ago. When I called to find out what was happening, figuring this must be some sort of mistake, I was told by the first representative that I was pulled by a "matrix" because my account had been below standard for so many months BUT if I called back when the trust and safety department was open (it was only 7 a.m.) they would look at my account and see that as of my next evaluation which was only 2 weeks away I would be back above standard and in a months time I would be at 100% full compliance. Whew. What a relief. I stopped being hysterical and just waited until 9:00 a.m. When I called back at 9:00 I got a completely different story. I was told that not only could I not even speak to anyone in the trust and safety department but that the decision to suspend my account was permanent and could not be appealed. I hung up and called back trying to get the first representative I spoke with and got a representative who "knew" the first rep I spoke with and she said she had no idea why he would tell me what he told me at 7:00 a.m. as once accounts as suspended indefinitely there is no chance for appeal. I am in utter shock.Has anyone had any experience like this? Can you offer any insight? I feel like I am missing a limb, not to mention I have no idea how I am going to pay my rent. Any advise would be appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-29-2015
Banned

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Ebay Account suspend

just wanted to say I REFUSE TO READ THIS JUMBLED UP JARGON
Old 09-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Unfortunately, when eBay makes these decisions, they rarely reverse themselves. It makes no difference that as of the next evaluation your account would have been back above standard. It makes no difference that you have been their customer for 10 years. And they certainly do not care if this has put you in a bad spot, financially.

Is it fair? No. But eBay is unfair. That is just the way they are.

That is why stealth exists.

You need to start some stealth accounts and get back on eBay that way. Because no amount of calling, emailing or begging eBay is going to get you that account back.

The GOOD NEWS is, once you have gone stealth and spread your risk over many accounts, eBay will never again be able to shut you down completely in one hissy-fit.

Yes, right now it is not easy, and YES, it would be better if this never happened to you. But it has, so now is the time to salvage what you can, create some stealth accounts and get back in the game.

My suggestion is to have a goal of making 10 stealth accounts in the next 6 months. Why? Because that way, if eBay shuts down an account, it is only 10% of your business, not 100% of your business. Losing 10% of your income still sucks, but it sucks a lot less than losing 100% of your income.

Most of us have been there and done that. We will never forget the day that we looked at our eBay account and found out it had been suspended, with no warning. And the even worse feeling we had when we read the email from PayPal saying that every penny we had in our PayPal accounts would be frozen for 180 days. Six months is an ETERNITY to have to wait for funds, especially if they were funds we were counting on to pay the rent, pay our bills and buy food with.

At the end of the day, all you can do is pick up the pieces and start over again. I really DO wish I could tell you there was an easy solution, that you could get your account back by calling a special phone number, or by emailing a certain person at eBay. But the fact is, the account is pretty much done for. It would take an act of God to get that account back.

My condolences on your account, as well as my best wished for your future re-birth!
Old 09-29-2015

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

Well the fact of the matter is you can make 10 new stealths but if your still operating the same way, you'll get suspended again regardless.

To be suspended for SHIPPING & HANDLING, I honestly don't see how you can BLAME eBay for it. Not saying you necessarily are... Of course that's not what anyone wants to hear but is it really asking to much for YOU to honor the shipping & handling YOU set for YOUR listing? To below in this category simply means your not taking this serious enough, or you have to many packages to ship and if thats the case you need to hire someone.

You can easily get back on and most likely will, just need to do a little homework and you'll be fine. Just remember to fix the problem you must realize it, and this should NEVER have been a problem in the first place. You could have bought about a 100 items from the dollar store and just sold those for a quick dilution of the percatange..

Goodluck
Old 09-29-2015

Longevity: 49%

I think you should buy a puppy.

Just my opinion. Hope the advice helps.