eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   I need some help with How to proceede with eBay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/90165-i-need-some-help-how-proceede-ebay.html)

reload69 10-09-2015 12:13 PM

I need some help with How to proceede with eBay

Hello , can you some help with my latest ebay problem.

About 3 weeks ago I started having ebay security prompts when trying to launch auctions to ebay. ( My account is 16 years old ) The prompt would say to the effect that I Needed to verify my account and could do so by either phone call or text message once answering questions like whats my father’s middle name. Initially I this come up and all the different computers I use for work which is 3 wireless laptops and one desktop directly connected to the internet.

Even though I had answered the question and received the text message code to verify my account I would continue to receive this message everyday but only on my desktop. A few days later I had 2 different customers contact me and tell me that they had been contacted in there regular email accounts not ebay email by another ebay seller that was telling them that the item they bought from me was not available and they can repurchase a similar item and they dropped a link to their ebay listings. I have no idea how the seller posing as me was getting my buyers information. And the fact that they were posing as me and giving them links to buy from their store was very alarming. After thinking about it I believed that maybe the reason why I continued to received ebay security prompts on my desktop was because maybe they had hacked my ebay account and got the information through there. So I reluctantly called ebay. I was reluctant because About seven or 7 years ago I had and ebay account closed down because I was charging too much for shipping. I didn’t know at the time that ebay tracked ip’s and I had logged in from my parents’ home and because of that their account got linked with mine and they were limited so I was not able to use their account. Since then I had found this forum and purchased the ebay stealth book about 7 years ago and had created other accounts with the desktop computer I still use. Back then the main thing was to just use different windows guest accounts to keep them separate for each login. The accounts I created I never really used I just figured I needed to create as many as I could at the time since who knows what ebay would do in the future.

I have since got married and moved to a new location 5 years ago and have created a new account under my husbands name which is now my last name as well. I use the same Desktop computer but had a brand new hard drive in it when I created the account and nothing else. When I created this account I never needed to provide a drivers license so I just use one letter for my last name and the paypal on file was under my husbands SSN.

So back to the ebay phone call the rep I spoke with was able to see that two customers had contacted me over this matter since it was through ebay email and made note. She said that she would be giving this to ebay security team and that if anything should show suspicious like someone had hacked my account they should temporarily suspend my account and make me call to verify my information. So that the hacker could not list under my account. I was extremely afraid to hear this because I know even temporary suspensions take days to clear. Also even though I have a new last name now maybe they would like it to my maiden name and limit me or worse. The rep said that was worse case scenario and she said was not likely because they could see my ip was the only one using my account. I had asked the rep how would you ask me to verify myself if I were suspended since if anyone did get into my account they would have all my addresses and information I use. She told me they use information like a bank would use or records which using my name would show my addresses and family members names and so forth so it would be only info I would know. She said most likely they would take care of this from their end and I would not here back from them. Several weeks later I have not heard anything about this from ebay but yesterday I started getting ebay security prompts on my desktop again and this time I cannot validate by text message.

Its strange because this is only happening on my old desktop and I can work fine on my other computers. Does anyone know what to think of this if so please help.

The prompt I got when trying to re list from the pc was call us at ( 1-800 # ) and mention security code ## this is not the confirmation code to confirm your account .
If you use a IP relay service, you may use the same number

what does this mean ?

What should I do ? Stop using the PC that i have used for years ? Should I call eBay ? Should I just list from other pc's . I am at a loss for what to do here . The stress is really getting to me .

jeffweico 10-09-2015 12:27 PM

Re: I need some help with How to proceede with eBay

Your situation is somewhat complicated and it is hard to tell exactly what is going on without actually seeing it. But the solution would seem obvious. Stop using your old PC, at least for now.

I would run an anti-virus program on the old PC and also run Anti-MalwareBytes on it. I would use their "Chameleon" installation option. It picks up things than anti-virus programs miss.

reload69 10-09-2015 01:23 PM

Thank you jeffweico ,I can try the chameleon , is there anything else I should be doing in addition to that ?

miahdog 10-10-2015 07:16 PM

Run malwarebytes. Chamge password of ebay, paypal, and emails you register with. Check security details on your email and make sure the hacker hasnt added his email or phone number for backup if they forgot password.