eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Random IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/90421-random-ip-address.html)

ScottieBoi 10-19-2015 08:18 PM

Random IP Address

I was wondering about using a "⊗⊗⊗⊗ address" program like Auto Hide IP. I use Auctiva for listing items and everything that I can. The only time that I usually need to sign in to my accounts is to reply to messages. I use my phone for tethering and it can be a huge pain trying to hit the right IP address to get into a certain account just to respond to a message. It would not be on a regular basis, just when I really need into a certain account. I would still keep up with my IP addresses to make sure not to connect my accounts. Anyone know how these programs work and if this is safe?

MM78 10-19-2015 09:52 PM

Re: Random IP Address

Those programs are burned to hell, I wouldn't go near them with a 10,000 foot pole.

ilcarletto 10-20-2015 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottieBoi (Post 715032)
it can be a huge pain trying to hit the right IP address to get into a certain account

You do not have to get a "specific" address for each account. You can use a random one trying not to cross use the same IP between accounts.
If you are doing so and it is a PITA than you probably have a very narrow range of IP.
I suggest to change method (get an Internet USB key) or change telephone company (one with a big pool of IPs) and keep on using tethering as you are doing.

ScottieBoi 10-22-2015 12:39 PM

You do have to have "specific" IP addresses for each account. If not, you will cross them over. I think I am about to switch cell providers so I can get a new set of addresses, tho. I would just use Dial up, but I don't have a landline

plumsake2 10-22-2015 03:53 PM

It's true you don't want to mix/use the same IP across multiple accounts unless you want to be linked, but you don't have to use the same IP address each time.

It's perfectly fine to log in with a different IP address every time you log in to your stealth accounts just as long as you have other necessary ways for eBay and Paypal to identify you (cookies and internet history).

It sounds like your cell carrier has a small IP pool if you're actually able to get repeats when tethering (perhaps T-mobile, or AT&T?). You can buy a 3G or 4G hotspot from any cell carrier and just pay a monthly fee for data so that you don't have to completely switch cell service unless you really wanted to. Verizon has the largest amount of IPs available and I'd say Sprint has the next largest.