eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   So if I do this will I be ok? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/9123-so-if-i-do-will-i-ok.html)

ebaystefi 01-13-2009 10:18 PM

So if I do this will I be ok?

I am going to make a new account, if I do all of this will I be ok???

New ISP
New Computer
New Credit Card
New Address (PO Box)
New Phone #
Use different name
Use Paymate instead of Paypal

any other suggestions that I need to do....will this be enough, will I be ok???

ebaystefi 01-13-2009 10:42 PM

Oh and I forgot new email....

So how will I go about paying my ebay fees though, that is one question I have? I guess I can just mail a money order, even though that will suck!

aspkin 01-13-2009 10:55 PM

Pretty extreme if I may say so.

As long as your current ISP can change IP addresses it's fine. You don't need a new computer, user accounts are your friend. Why a new credit card? Get a prepaid card. A new address, okay. PO Box, not the best option but okay. I hope that's a VOIP phone number. Sure a 'new' name. And okay Paymate, there are again better options but okay.

Ah, and a new email. To be specific use Gmail as suggested in eBay Stealth.

You can pay your eBay fees using a prepaid card.

etc.. *crazy face

ebaystefi 01-13-2009 11:03 PM

Lol thanks :) I just don't want any problems. I don't want to get linked so if it takes extreme, then fine. But we are getting a new ISP ANYWAY so that's a plus, and I just got a new computer :) It was time for an upgrade.

A pre-paid card is what I meant... PO Box is what I used for years on ebay so hopefully that's ok....we are changing one of our cell #'s anyway since we are getting too many calls from the previous person who had our #...Paymate I thought would work good since I heard they are going to be accepted come Feb. on ebay. So what other options do I have for payments. I don't want to use paypal and don't understand how to get merchant accounts set up (though I am willing to learn)... Yes I will use gmail...

ebaystefi 01-14-2009 09:59 AM

Can someone please explain how user accounts are helpful?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 72512)

As long as your current ISP can change IP addresses it's fine. You don't need a new computer, user accounts are your friend. Why a new credit card? Get a prepaid card. A new address, okay. PO Box, not the best option but okay. I hope that's a VOIP phone number. Sure a 'new' name. And okay Paymate, there are again better options but okay.

etc.. *crazy face

philly387 01-14-2009 11:10 AM

If you use user account, you dont have to keep deleting cookies/flash cookies all the time. If you have 2 ebay accounts under 1 user name, then everytime you want to switch between ebay accounts, you must delete all cookies/flash cookies.

ebaystefi 01-14-2009 11:51 AM

If I do go to these extremes could something still go wrong? I don't see how, but if yes what then?.... I mean I am not going to log into any old ebay/paypal accounts and set off red flags.

New ISP
New Computer
New Simon prepaid card
New Address (PO Box)
New Phone #
Use different name
Use Paymate instead of Paypal
New Gmail

do I have it all covered...I do not want to go through all of this work of making a new account and getting linked somehow...

I need a fresh new start, I hope this does it...

philly387 01-14-2009 12:56 PM

you wil be all set if you do that

JohnnyBoy 01-14-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philly387 (Post 72542)
If you use user account, you dont have to keep deleting cookies/flash cookies all the time. If you have 2 ebay accounts under 1 user name, then everytime you want to switch between ebay accounts, you must delete all cookies/flash cookies.

I never knew that, I'll have to give you a thanks for that one.

ebaystefi 01-14-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philly387 (Post 72558)
you wil be all set if you do that

I hope lol. I am desperate. Sadly my income from last year was about 25k less because I was not on ebay. I really need to get a fresh start and be on my way. of course I know I have to use common sense along the way ;)

philly387 01-14-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy (Post 72562)
I never knew that, I'll have to give you a thanks for that one.

Thanks Johnny...the only thing to remember is to make sure you change your ip address. I think there are a couple people testing out to see if using the same ip will link accounts or not, but as of right now, definitely change it :)

ebaystefi 01-22-2009 04:50 PM

"PO Box, not the best option but okay."

Why is this? I NEVER used my personal address before and used a PO Box, why would this not be the best option?

"okay Paymate, there are again better options but okay."

What would be a better option?

"You can pay your eBay fees using a prepaid card."

Can you pay your ebay fees with a pre-paid card that does not have your registered name on the card? Or does the card you pay with have to have your registered name?

I haven't looked into this but can you add more money to a pre-paid Simon card each time you need to use it (pay fees)?

TIA~

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 72512)

etc.. *crazy face