eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Do you really need your phone to stay connected? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/91722-do-you-really-need-your-phone-stay-connected.html)

ScottieBoi 12-04-2015 12:33 PM

Do you really need your phone to stay connected?

I have been running stealth accounts all year and have about 10 accounts. I was always initially told to keep my phone numbers active, but is this really necessary? I have all of these TracFones and I'm paying $23 every 90 days for each of them, but I have never used any of them other than for initial phone verification

just_smile 12-04-2015 12:57 PM

Re: Do you really need your phone to stay connected?

It is better to keep the numbers active, especially for the paypal side should you encounter any issues.

ilcarletto 12-04-2015 01:37 PM

It depends on the volume of business you have and on the "status" of your account.

I have some minor account that I do not care much about where no phone has ever be attached (Italian accounts doesn't really need it)

I have 2 major accounts where relevant phones are oiled and ready. :thumb:

rsot 12-04-2015 01:37 PM

Definitely agree with just_smile - @OP, make sure your operations cover the costs needed...

GreenBean 12-04-2015 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottieBoi (Post 726164)
I have been running stealth accounts all year and have about 10 accounts. I was always initially told to keep my phone numbers active, but is this really necessary? I have all of these TracFones and I'm paying $23 every 90 days for each of them, but I have never used any of them other than for initial phone verification

Phones are part of doing business.

Look around and see if you can find less costly options.

Look over the forum for the any threads where other users have had hassles with paypal over a phone number.

Not worth giving paypal any ammo to be looking at an account.

:peace:

MM78 12-04-2015 09:05 PM

LOL, I don't get what's so hard on keeping a phone number alive :noidea: it's mind boggling really.

plumsake2 12-06-2015 05:43 PM

eBay rarely needs any extra phone verification past the initial sign up stage but it definitely can happen and if it does happen to you, you'll be glad you held on to those phones. It can be very difficult to pass and the usual alternative if the phone on file isn't active is to attempt to verify you with the database questions.

As mentioned, it's just another cost of business and only you can determine if it's truly worth it.

ScottieBoi 12-07-2015 09:39 AM

OK. Just a simple question. It just seems that it's a valid question to ask, as I'm spending hundreds of dollars to keep them active thanks for the input!

ScottieBoi 12-07-2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 726258)
LOL, I don't get what's so hard on keeping a phone number alive :noidea: it's mind boggling really.

What are you talking about? What's so mind boggling? You tell me, what's so hard "on" keeping a phone number alive?

MM78 12-07-2015 10:59 AM

Scottieboi, If your telling me that the expense of keeping a phone number alive is too expensive....your clearly not making a decent profit or you have too many dormant accounts that are not producing money.

wigan88 12-07-2015 01:04 PM

You could always try using Talkatone, which is a App for Phone Calls & Texting, and its Free. You can access over Wifi. Granted, you need a Smartphone to use it, but it a good way to control your expenses.

burke 12-07-2015 01:28 PM

I use google voice for the paypal but on the ebay side I use tracfone and I do not keep them active I change phone numbers and make more accounts if I need to call them again its easy to add new number to ebay account

burke 12-07-2015 01:40 PM

I use google voice for the paypal but on the ebay side I use tracfone and I do not keep them active I change phone numbers and make more accounts if I need to call them again its easy to add new number to ebay account

ScottieBoi 12-08-2015 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 726789)
Scottieboi, If your telling me that the expense of keeping a phone number alive is too expensive....your clearly not making a decent profit or you have too many dormant accounts that are not producing money.

I don't know if you are just trying to be difficult or what. We are talking about hundreds of dollars. It doesn't matter how much money you're making, do you think that it would make sense to spend hundreds of dollars if it's not necessary? I never said that I wasn't making enough money and couldn't afford to keep them on. I asked a simple question of "is it necessary?". If your comments aren't an attempt to answer the question or give a valid input, then it wouldn't hurt to just not comment.

progetter92 12-08-2015 12:41 PM

yeah it is defiantly necessary i had to learn the hard way, even after adding a new number they still want the one u used to sign up with