eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Emails from ebay members while suspended.... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/9188-emails-ebay-members-while-suspended.html)

ebaystefi 01-17-2009 12:04 PM

Emails from ebay members while suspended....

This may be a very stupid question but can you still get question for seller/ebay member emails from ebay while suspended?? I have been suspended from ebay for almost a year, have not received ANY emails from ebay at all during this time OR ebay members and then today get a question for seller from a ebay member!!! Can people still email me, I didn't think so. I haven't gotten a single email from an ebay member until today....what is going on. I almost got excited there for a minuted lol... Please respond

liverpool 01-17-2009 01:29 PM

I don't sure your email got it is true or ⊗⊗⊗⊗? Are you use hotmail or Yahoo or Gmail?

yaw1800 01-17-2009 01:31 PM

yeah you can still get messages but i dont know about this one.. almost a year later, not too sure

ebaystefi 01-17-2009 01:35 PM

It is from a previous customer of mine, I remember her and the email is set up identical as a real email, I know when they are spoofs....I sent in my request for appeal last week....

Ebay site says while suspended you cannot contact ebay members/customers in any way and you cannot use ebay messages until reinstated, so why did I get an email from a past customer if I cannot use MY messages?????

BooMer 01-18-2009 10:11 AM

ebaystefi, Buyers can still contact any member that are "not a registered user"/Suspended as long as their email address is still valid. All they have to do is click on the Feedback profile and click on "contact member" and send message.

If a member that contacted you choose to hide their email address then you will have no choice but to reply through the "my messages" in ebay. If they choose to show their email address then you can reply directly without using "my messages". Communicate with them directly from your email provider to avoid getting tag by ebay. Ebay won't know that you contacted the person if you have their email address. Do not use "My Messages" while suspended!

If it is your old customer then maybe they wanted to buy more stuff from you. Just make the sale "OFF" Ebay and do it directly with them and avoid the fees.

Hope this helps.
BooMer

freakazoid789 01-19-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BooMer (Post 73034)
ebaystefi, Buyers can still contact any member that are "not a registered user"/Suspended as long as their email address is still valid. All they have to do is click on the Feedback profile and click on "contact member" and send message.

If a member that contacted you choose to hide their email address then you will have no choice but to reply through the "my messages" in ebay. If they choose to show their email address then you can reply directly without using "my messages". Communicate with them directly from your email provider to avoid getting tag by ebay. Ebay won't know that you contacted the person if you have their email address. Do not use "My Messages" while suspended!

If it is your old customer then maybe they wanted to buy more stuff from you. Just make the sale "OFF" Ebay and do it directly with them and avoid the fees.

Hope this helps.
BooMer

i would also say, go along with contacting the seller direct, use a positive kind tone, and avoid all fees!! :D

egw106 01-22-2009 04:44 AM

as a seller, when NARU'd, you can still receive messages from buyers on the ebay site.

but you can't reply to them on the ebay site.

and when you don't respond, they like to dispute payments and do chargebacks on paypal.

there are some very nasty buyers. sellers beware!

Jonas 01-22-2009 07:37 PM

To follow up to what egw106 said, most ebay buyers are incapable of checking their email. All email from real people to them gets marked as spam and either auto-deleted or the buyers can't find it. eBay's mail gets through to their inbox because eBay is whitelisted on most free email providers.