eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   if i got an indef suspension, would other family member accounts get the same? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/9199-if-i-got-indef-suspension-would-other-family-member-accounts-get-same.html)

bobg 01-18-2009 11:42 AM

if i got an indef suspension, would other family member accounts get the same?

i got an indefinte suspension 1 year ago. since its been so long, i am now wondering if that prevents me from registering as another faimly member from the same household, but from a diff pc. So the cookies/ip/telephone/first name/bank account would be different but the last name + address would be the same.

we know ebay suspends an account that is associated with the account that was suspended..usually because it shares an ip and cookies or maybe a paypal address. But i mean, lets say that does happend. Its not like ebay would give this other family member an indefinite suspension too? They would probably just ask to fax in documents proving your identity..So technically i could still use an account as another family member and worse case scenarion have a 7 day suspension or something requiring that i just fax something in as opposed to the indefinite suspension i have..thats what im thinking. what do you guys think?

yaw1800 01-18-2009 12:02 PM

i think all the previous threads say yo ucant list from the same household my friend :)

At least try altering the address a little bit and go from there. But if they link, bye bye to that account

bobg 01-18-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaw1800 (Post 73054)
i think all the previous threads say yo ucant list from the same household my friend :)

At least try altering the address a little bit and go from there. But if they link, bye bye to that account

thats what i thought too..was just hoping i was wrong :]

JamesYaBaoy 01-18-2009 01:06 PM

Your address is 1 sure way to get linked..Go get a PO BOX

murtaza007 01-24-2009 08:55 PM

i was suspended indefinitely and i used my wife info and started selling on ebay and it was same address and everything. this is Australia ebay. so basically it is possible to start another account in the same household all you need to do is change the ip from the suspended account. but the thing is that i opened this account 1 year later. before that i was using the false name and address to sell my stuff on ebay.
hope that helps.

idiotbay 01-26-2009 04:44 PM

well recently on of my accounts got suspended, with this account i had another account just a different email and username. Funny enough the other account didnt get suspended, usually they would both get suspended, dont know how that worked out. In the past all accounts linked to suspended accounts also get suspended.

philly387 01-26-2009 05:34 PM

It will probably get suspended eventually...just a matter of time

GreenBean 01-26-2009 06:07 PM

Moving into a grey area with this. A new account could be created BUT if it becomes a seller's account then ebay might look at it closely. You would have to ask yourself do you want to take the risk? In a household where others have only buyer's accounts they are often OK and stay up: the problem is selling from an account. Pay attention to that.
I think it is far better not to have accounts associated with each other.;)

Always keep in mind that you can never assume with ebay.:rolleyes: