eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Does the 7 year rule apply to suspensions? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/92755-does-7-year-rule-apply-suspensions.html)

brandnewboss 01-08-2016 05:28 PM

Does the 7 year rule apply to suspensions?

I just looked up my original power seller account, the one with my real details, it's 11 years old now and still shows naru'd.

Thought I read somewhere that you can get your account back after 7 years, is this true?

slokor 01-08-2016 05:29 PM

Re: Does the 7 year rule apply to suspensions?

Never heard of any such rule.
I doubt it is so.

brandnewboss 01-08-2016 05:39 PM

it's such a nice looking account though, 100% Fb, all legit items, what a waste..

GreenBean 01-08-2016 05:50 PM

Nope, urban myth.

If it has that horrible red writing, account is gone.

:rip:

JamesNorth101 01-08-2016 06:34 PM

No such luck.

An eBay ban is for life

yankee 01-08-2016 07:45 PM

what happens when you appeal?

My big account always gives me an option.

brandnewboss 01-08-2016 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 735606)
what happens when you appeal?

My big account always gives me an option.

Yeah wouldn't hurt to try would it, maybe I'll just call up and ask.

slokor 01-08-2016 10:00 PM

Let us know how it went.

Demetriusl22 01-08-2016 10:34 PM

I got one of my accounts suspended due to the famous "your account has been suspended be cause we think someone's been using it" back
After a few hard calls and using the data that the last representatives used against Thr next one. Works for me can't say it will for everyone

jeffweico 01-08-2016 10:56 PM

It never hurts to TRY to save an eBay account, especially your real account, since you have nothing to lose. If they say "No" then you are no worse off than you were before. And I HAVE heard stories of people getting their accounts back years after they were suspended. However, eBay does not have a rule that after "x" number of years, the account is restored. I've always thought that maybe one day eBay would run a "forgiveness" promotion to allow people that were banned to get their accounts back. But that would only happen if they needed more users. As long as eBay is doing well, there is no reason for them to do so. But Amazon has eclipsed eBay and their sales are flat and Wall street no longer cares about eBay since PayPal is no longer a part of eBay and PayPal is where all the growth is.

I HAVE noticed that these days when an eBay account goes down, your PayPal often is just fine. That was not true before. It used to be that if your eBay or PayPal account went down, the other one would follow, normally within 24 hours. So, if you lose an eBay account, don't abandon the PayPal account because you never know when you might want to use it for something off of eBay, such as a website.

I think where the 7 years myth started was that negative information can only stay on your credit report for 7 years, and you can only file chapter 7 bankruptcy every 7 years. So people seem to think of 7 years as a magical date when companies can no longer hold things against you, but that is not true.

glacier922 01-08-2016 11:13 PM

eBay will surely make their revenues from us stealthers!

jackdanielsbtch 01-15-2016 06:34 AM

I had an ebay (may of been paypal) re-instated. This was about 5 years ago. Account was banned 6 years ago. She basically said after 6 months they don't keep record so she didn't know why it was banned but was OK re-instating it.

May have just been a good day and a dumb rep. I doubt it's the standard. Also if you do try, make sure fresh number you call from or they will link.

I don't understand why ebay/paypal is so strict. Both companies are going down the drain, I mean that in all ways. The stocks are going down. Profits aren't increasing. CEO stepped down. Paypal layed off more than 1,000 workers.

I am sure you can be strict 12-15 years ago, because average person didn't have a computer and paypal had hundred of millions waiting to line up to sign up for paypal. it's certainly not the case nowadays. Their sign up rates are essentially zeros. credit cards offer same protections. other payment processors are showing up and taking over.

grt11 01-15-2016 07:12 AM

I think it's myth, never heard about that..

Haidukken 01-15-2016 10:23 AM

I'll believe it when it happens to me.

I'm a bit busy at the moment in life, but once I have more spare time I will make it my mission to phone eBay once a day and ask about my "real" account.
See how it goes, given that the DSR rules have been changed already and the only reason for my suspension was the fact that I was over the 5% thingy.

We'll see...