eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Stealth suspended, don't know reason? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/93886-stealth-suspended-dont-know-reason.html)

hulkman 02-13-2016 03:22 PM

Stealth suspended, don't know reason?

After successfully (or so I thought) running a stealth account for over 2 years I got a random email from eBay the other day saying they reviewed my account and to keep the marketplace safe they decided to suspend my account.

I have no idea what the issue is. I had good feedback, I would have been a Top Rated Seller with the new standards coming up and I had a 50k limit with no cases.

I have not had any issues. A few months back after getting a negative feedback for a generic item because the buyer claimed it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗ (not true) they decided to ban me in that category. However they did not ban me from selling wholesale lots in the same category. I continued to list under wholesale and found out that eBay would automatically correct the listing and put it in the correct category, although I was banned from that category.

Could this be the reason why? But there was no mention of this in the email.

Do I call and ask what the issue is or do I just continue to use my other stealth? The problem with my other stealth is that my limits are too low and I use those up quickly.

MM78 02-13-2016 04:21 PM

Re: Stealth suspended, don't know reason?

2 year account, absolutely!

oompaloompa 02-13-2016 05:19 PM

there is always a reason, and in absence of another explanation, what you mentioned is probably it.....

just keep on with stealth, selling limits lift gradually if you sell well...get a back-up acc going too...you will be fine if you put the work in now.....

hulkman 02-13-2016 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 747148)
2 year account, absolutely!

so you think it was because I was listing in a category that I was not restricted on, and then ebay would change my listing to a category that I was restricted on? Although not technically my fault.

Is there sense in calling them to inquire about it or is there a chance of getting reinstated if that is the reason?

Mitsu 02-13-2016 08:14 PM

Definitely sounds like it... I'd think accounts that get category restricted are already on THIN ice, and they don't want that account selling the product(s) at question... if they do a manual review and see circumvention has taken place, it's a pretty easy call for them.

hulkman 04-05-2016 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitsu (Post 747208)
Definitely sounds like it... I'd think accounts that get category restricted are already on THIN ice, and they don't want that account selling the product(s) at question... if they do a manual review and see circumvention has taken place, it's a pretty easy call for them.

do you think its still worth it to call and ask or is it a lost cause at this point?

Romkis 04-05-2016 02:12 AM

or at least you know why was suspended.

dallis 04-12-2016 10:43 PM

C'mon, dude, you have to look at this and say...

I got lucky the first time, but then I got really smart and said tomyself, 'Self, they said I couldn't list SINGLE items, but they DIDN'T say I couldn't list WHOLESALE LOTS IN THE CATEGORY I WAS BANNED FROM AND THEY DIDN'T STOP ME SO IT MUST BE OKAY'.

Then I got shut down. Why?"
[/I]
[/I]
Seriously?

In the future - if they suspend you from a category DON'T LIST THERE ANY MORE EVEN IF THINK YOU FOUND A LOOPHOLE.

:)