Where did i go wrong?! MC034 FB NOTICE: Feedback Manipulation - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-04-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default Where did i go wrong?! MC034 FB NOTICE: Feedback Manipulation

Help!

1. Where did i go wrong? The 2 items they mentioned were medium value items (£13.00). The only thing i may have done wrong is copy and paste a standardised feedback comment for a buyer. There was no "cheap feedback" or message to that effect in the listing name or description. However i did write "trusted seller" in both the description and title?

2. What is the best way of getting this account reinstated? Wait 30 days and send the email they outlined? Or can i send the email before 30 days? Or am i fighting a lost cause? better to leave it and move on? Account has £100+ worth of ebay fees NOT paid yet..

MC034 FB NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - Feedback Manipulation -

Dear

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended for breach of our Feedback Manipulation policy.

You listed the following item purely to artificially raise a Feedback score:

Your account will remain suspended for a minimum of 30 days, after which time you may appeal the suspension by following the instructions further down in this email.

***About eBay's Feedback Manipulation policy***

Feedback is intended solely as a rating of the actual performance of a buyer or seller in the conduct of their transaction. It is against eBay policy to leave or receive Feedback where the primary value of the Feedback is to artificially enhance a member's reputation, rather than comment on a real transaction.

This includes offering to buy, sell or barter Feedback in an email or item description; or using a phrase such as "Build Your FB score quickly" in the title of an inexpensive listing.

For more information about this policy please copy this link into a new browser window:

Feedback Manipulation

During your suspension you are prohibited from using eBay in any way, including registering new accounts. Doing so may result in your permanent suspension. We have ended any open listings.

Please be advised that this suspension does not relieve you of your obligation to pay any fees that you may owe to eBay.

Here's what you can do now:

1) Familiarise yourself with eBay policies
2) Wait until the end of your suspension period
3) Reply to this email with the declaration outlined below

1) Familiarise yourself with eBay policies

Please read the following information on the eBay site carefully:

eBay User Agreement:
Your User Agreement

eBay Policies and Guidelines:
eBay Policies Overview

eBay Feedback Manipulation policy:
Feedback Manipulation

2) Wait until the end of your suspension period

We'll review your account for reinstatement only when the suspension period is up: 30 days after you receive this notice.

If you send the declaration before then, we won't be able to reinstate your account; we will ask you to write to us again.

3) Reply to this email with your declaration

Reply directly to this email to confirm you've understood and agree to comply with our policies. Please include the following declaration at the top of your reply, filling in the appropriate details:

----------
Declaration:

I acknowledge and understand eBay's Feedback Manipulation policy, and agree to comply with that policy as a condition of my reinstatement as an eBay member.

User ID:
Email Address:
Name:
Address:
Postcode:
Phone Number:
----------

Thank you for your cooperation in this important matter.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

H49915
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

That doesnt set any red flags to me. Im not sure with that. Ive been buying and selling $1 items and have never received a FB manipulation.