eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Company account past due, will they go after me personally? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/9470-company-account-past-due-will-they-go-after-me-personally.html)

williamlpr 02-08-2009 03:35 PM

Company account past due, will they go after me personally?

A corporation that I own went out of business and has about $1,000 in unpaid eBay fees. The eBay account was type "Business" and listed both my name and the business name as the registered name. The PayPal account is type "Business" however wound up just having my name as the Business Name, rather than the actual company's name.

Are they going to come after the corporation for payment, or me personally? I don't want anything derogatory posted on my credit report. If they can come after me personally (if they have a personal guarantee clause) I would probably pay it, but if they can't, then I would leave it unpaid.

What is my situation to get a future account? Will I be able to create a new account in my wife's name, if I can get my ISP to change my IP address? I don't mind getting a PO box. Our last names are the same, but perhaps I could use my wife's maiden name.

Jonas 02-11-2009 09:53 AM

Does paypal have your social? Do they have the corporation's EIN?

williamlpr 02-12-2009 03:23 PM

I'm actually not sure if they have my social or the company's EIN, or neither. It's been years since I set up the eBay and PayPal accounts. I looked through my profile information and can't figure out which if either is on there. How can I check? I wouldn't mind calling them, but I'm not sure how such a phone call wouldn't seem suspicious to them.

JohnnyBoy 02-12-2009 07:14 PM

Go to your pp account and under your name you should see account holder since: xxxx, account type: business, click the verified link. When you first register the page says, credit card, bank account and social. If it doesn't say anything about enter a social then u already entered it. In which case, if pp has it, they can come after the money if they want to.

williamlpr 02-12-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy (Post 75661)
Go to your pp account and under your name you should see account holder since: xxxx, account type: business, click the verified link. When you first register the page says, credit card, bank account and social. If it doesn't say anything about enter a social then u already entered it. In which case, if pp has it, they can come after the money if they want to.

On the main page, it says "Verified (##)". If I click on the verified link, it brings me to a page titled "Official PayPal Seal", and if I click on the verified number (seller reputation) instead, it doesn't seem to offer anything about this either.

I did find in Profile Summary - Identification Preference, it lists the ways you can confirm your identity when calling Customer Service. They list:

Primary bank account (last 4 digits): #### Change
Primary credit card number (last 4 digits): #### Change
Social Security Number Add
Customer Service PIN Create

Am I correct that if they had a SSN on the account, that this Identification Preference page would show differently? It wouldn't show "Add", right?

That being said, if my SSN isn't linked to PayPal, will they only try collecting from the corporation -- and not try to collect from me individually since the corporation can't pay?