eBay MC011 Restriction Paypal & Fees Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-06-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default eBay MC011 Restriction Paypal & Fees Question

Hi everyone,

New stealthier here who just started about a month ago. Purchased an account with 1000/25000 limits after my main account was hit with veRo. Tried contacting the rights owner but they never replied me after several months. On the new account, I started selling right away. For the first week, I listed some random things from water bottles to notebooks to give eBay the impression that I'm an actual new seller. After the first week, I began listing some more riskier goods (Just a few branded phone cases I had lying around). Everything went well, sold over 140 items over a 2 week period. Life was great and then today happened. BAM! I was hit with an MC011 restriction requiring ID, bills, etc. Not sure why that happened, I always used my cellular network whenever I connected with eBay. It gives a Fresh IP every time I connect. Regardless, not a big deal, I'm just going to ditch the account and start fresh again.

However, I am petrified about my Paypal account, it has a couple thousand dollars held right now (standard 21 day hold). So my question is, would this restriction also restrict my Paypal making it impossible to withdraw the money? Or is the restriction eBay only and I can freely do whatever I want with the Paypal funds once its released.

Secondly, is there even a point paying the fees if I am just going to ditch the account? The only thing that links myself and the paypal account is my bank account information but that could be easily unlinked and I believe Paypal does not have the authority to collect my personal information from my bank. I left all the original information from when I purchased the account untouched. And don't get me wrong, I always paid my fees (thousands on my main account) but eBay has been giving me BS after BS. It has been increasingly frustrating.

Anyways, thanks in advance for the help!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: eBay MC011 Restriction Paypal & Fees Question

Welcome to the forums friend.
With regards to your story - selling low risk items for just a week would not give you enough trust with ebay to start listing higher risk items already... this is a process that will take several weeks to establish you as a seller and even then you need to introduce the higher risk items more gradually. How are ebay supposed to look at an 'actual new' seller who sells 140 items within 2 weeks of starting his selling career - many of them branded - without getting suspicious? you rushed things and this is the result.
With regards to the paypal account - no way to know for sure but I wouldnt expect it to survive for long (if it hasn't been limited already). If you can withdraw your funds do so as soon as possible.
As for paying fees - different people will tell you different things. The bottom line is its entirely up to you and your moral/ethical view on the matter. And no there isn't much ebay can do about it.
Old 04-06-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the reply Slokor!

Yes I agree with you, I was quite careless and I accept the results. Not going to make the same mistakes anymore, this was quite the learning experience.

Just a follow up question though. The PayPal that I am using is the one provided by the person who made my stealth, I'm content with it being shut down but I just want to get all my money out before it does. So how would I know if am being limited? Do they just send you an email? And wouldn't the PayPal be immediately limited as soon as the eBay was restricted or do they do their own thing now after the split?
Old 04-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

You needed at least a couple of monthly cycles for ebay to review the account... Or basically not get flagged by the bots.....

Some consider this high, but I feel once I hit 100 items and minimum 3 months then its safer to list brand name items...

You may want to spread you sales....

I have a main account that I sell a lot on..... But its many years old....

Now add 10-12 accounts that I sell less.... Approx $1000 a month never more... This way t is under the radar 12x $12,000 a year = $144,000 in extra sales a year under radar... Plus these accounts are aging... Now most are over 5yrs old and I add 1-2 every year that I can manage accordingly rotating....

Have a good strategy!
Old 04-06-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the advice guys!

I definitely learned from my mistakes and I have accepted that I messed up on this account and now it is time to move on. I like the idea of having multiple stealth accounts and I am planning on buying the stealth guide very soon. However, I only sell 4-5 different products (branded). If I were to sell same items across my stealth accounts, would that be okay? I'm thinking of creating 10 accounts and then spreading my 5 products across them (2 accounts/product). Of course, the volume will be much more spread out. My price point averages to $50 each and I would expect each account to sell about 20-30 units a month so about $1500 per account. Would this be low enough to slip under eBay's radar?

Also, when I am building an account up by selling small/cheap goods, do I actually have to sell them or do I just have to list them? The problem for me is that I am located in Canada and shipping is very expensive here compared to the US. It would not be very worthwhile to sell goods that are <10.

And to follow up with slokor. Thanks for the warm welcoming. I just have a follow up question regarding the Paypal. How would I know if my account is limited? Do they just send out an email? I haven't received any notification from them so i assume I am still fine for now. I would also assume if they were to limit my paypal, wouldn't they do it simultaneously with restricting my eBay? Or do they not collaborate on these ordeals now after the split? Meaning as long as I play it safe on Paypal, I should be fine? And isn't there a withdrawal limit that I should be worried about or should I withdraw as much as I can before something happens?

Sorry for the endless questions!