eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   -$2,500 in returns, ebay suspended selling (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/95645-2-500-returns-ebay-suspended-selling.html)

shatteredxhd 04-18-2016 09:41 PM

-$2,500 in returns, ebay suspended selling

Woke up to -$2500 in returns

Hi everyone, Well this morning, I check my emails, and i see 3 Return Request, all either claiming faulty, or wrong item received, to a "i didn't like it"

By far this is a lesson learned in protection, I sell strictly iPhones, and Electronics, of various sorts. Each Transaction ranges from $300-700. I find my paypal at a -$2500, for some reason some held amounts went in double.

Now, i accepted some returns, but am i being to soft on the buyers, some buyers, are merely taking advantage. on 4/9/16 I got an email from ebay saying that they were restricting my selling temporarily, I submitted what they asked for which was verification of inventory. 7 days later, i get the same response, that i must wait.

Returns are coming in and piling up, and my paypal is negative, Also my paypal was subject to a 10% reserve, in which there is $3200 In does anyone know, if this amount could be used for those returns.. Any ideas, suggestions, would be great! ..oh and this is my business account as well.
Thanks!

empirestate 04-18-2016 09:58 PM

Re: -$2,500 in returns, ebay suspended selling

You are doing something wrong.... I would abandon this account if I were you...

miketyson 04-18-2016 10:17 PM

Any money can be used for returns that's why it's there!

shatteredxhd 04-18-2016 10:23 PM

Yeah, i agree, with well i try to issue refunds but it doesn't issue it, and paypal and ebay oh my god, there no help. They always seem to rush me off the phone. Yesterday i called and i asked to escalate it, refund it. and they were shocked that i would call to escalate it!

i said yes,i just want it closed, They couldn't even escalate and close it and they don't know why.

shatteredxhd 04-18-2016 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miketyson (Post 763869)
Any money can be used for returns that's why it's there!

So do you know how i would go about doing that ? or should i just let it go?

yotano211 04-18-2016 10:30 PM

If the paypal account is in the negative you cant do anything about it.

Lancelot 04-19-2016 02:31 AM

Let it go xD,
too many bad transactions
and if I'm right, it is negative, you mean you already withdraw it before buyers started complaining right

muzzie 04-19-2016 04:11 AM

Nothing can be told for sure in such situation, now you need to wait for EB response. But the most important thing is that even if they will unsuspend you, you will still need to build a fresh account, a the current one ha a big flag on it already.

shatteredxhd 04-19-2016 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 763896)
Nothing can be told for sure in such situation, now you need to wait for EB response. But the most important thing is that even if they will unsuspend you, you will still need to build a fresh account, a the current one ha a big flag on it already.

Thanks for the Advise, Yeah I had my Selling restricted temporarily according to them. And Most of the RETURNS, have been cleared, already settled for amounts, which brought my account, back up to positive. I mean lets face it if they return the item or not, they still get there money lol

Haidukken 04-19-2016 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empirestate (Post 763867)
You are doing something wrong.... I would abandon this account if I were you...

I don't quite understand the logic here.

He tries to sell, he is selling... He had some bad experiences with few customers and he needs to refund the items, after he gets them back.

Whats bad about it? In electronics, isn't that kind of expected? You sell items for high price, some of the items will come back to you... You keep selling.

If there are problems, surely he should solve them before walking away? If he wants to keep his business going, he needs to figure out how to avoid these situations and how to improve his current business model.

GreenBean 04-19-2016 05:02 AM

Haiukken

I tend to agree. But the market appears to be iphones. That is difficult because of the opportunities for scamming.

None of this is helped by either ebay/paypal allowing two claims...

My feeling is the OP may need to relook at his entire business plan.

shatteredxhd 04-19-2016 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 763908)
Haiukken

I tend to agree. But the market appears to be iphones. That is difficult because of the opportunities for scamming.

What are your suggestions? I'm fairly new to all of this, and my point to the post, was suggestions on handling, the Restriction. I'm a noob, so I looked into stealth accounts, just incase they suspeneded me for the returns.

I mean last week, i was suppose to receive an iphone as a return, and i received, a Tempered Glass ..good times. :laugh:

Haidukken 04-19-2016 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 763908)
Haiukken

Oh for sure, when something like this would happen to me I would take a very strong and critical look at the business plan and how I could keep selling, but avoid such cases.
There is always a way out of things, I refuse to believe anything less:violin:

rsot 04-19-2016 07:37 AM

@OP, hope you are not selling internationally...

Play 04-28-2016 08:05 AM

OP - Dont abandon the account. Building any account up to the degree that ebay let you sell iPhone's is a hard graft... you've got there. Im assuming you sell a lot of these and 3 returns is a negligible figure (hence why you just wanted to sort the returns out quickly).

Keep the account.

Sort out the returns.

Work with ebay.

Sooner or later, you should be back to selling again.

The reason for suspended selling I assume would be your huge negative balance in your Paypal account - they dont want your sales on ebay to bring that balance to a positive and for you to dismiss the situation.

yankee 04-28-2016 10:59 AM

Be proactive and fix he problems, definitely don't abandon the account.

Once that happens, take a deeeeeeep look into why you are having so many issues and remedy those problems before moving forward.

shatteredxhd 05-02-2016 03:37 AM

Thanks guys took the hard way out...DEFnately got my ebay account un restricted, and also... got my paypal. thankfully resolved, no longer on the negative side, and has not beenlimited yet.

bjammin 05-02-2016 02:04 PM

Good Work. Hate it when buyers try pulling a fast one when they see the opportunity.

jeffweico 05-02-2016 03:54 PM

I'm glad this all worked out for you.

I do not think the return percentage was high (based on the number of items) it just SEEMED high because of the dollar amounts involved since Apple products are expensive.

On eBay or Amazon you DO want to watch your return rate, meaning the number of returns as a percentage of items sold. The average for all online retail is 3% - of course, this number may rise or fall based on the CATEGORY. Obviously, something like apparel will have a higher return rate than books.

I would be nervous if my return rate on an account exceeded the 3%. eBay and Amazon don't like it, even if they keep their money because they feel it ruins the customer experience.

I would look at these returns and see if they share anything in common. Sometimes you can block buyers based on these factors. Of course, that is not always possible, but anything you can do to lower the return rate is a good thing.