eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   mc011 selling restriction (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/96073-mc011-selling-restriction.html)

ghackett5 05-04-2016 10:34 AM

mc011 selling restriction

Hi,
The stealth account was 5 yrs old with around 800fb 100%positive.
I was selling new phones on my account for the month of March-April (samsung) and out of total 40 buyers only 2 wanted to return it. But the second buyer was a difficult one who took the entire phone apart and told me the phone wasn't new and had water damage.
I asked him to return it several times but he never returned it, instead he reported this to ebay and ebay took my selling account down.
Now ebay are asking for photo id,statements and invoices.

phaz0rz 05-04-2016 02:55 PM

Re: mc011 selling restriction

What are you asking?

MM78 05-04-2016 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 768246)
What are you asking?

Gonna take a wild guess but I think the OP might be asking the following:
1. Will Ebay reinstate my account if I submit the docs
2. I don't have docs to submit, can someone help me?

Play 05-04-2016 03:27 PM

There's more to this. 1 out of 40 buyers escalates to ebay (0.03% unsatisfied buyers) and that takes the account down? very unlikely. Something else has triggered this.

ghackett5 05-04-2016 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 768265)
There's more to this. 1 out of 40 buyers escalates to ebay (0.03% unsatisfied buyers) and that takes the account down? very unlikely. Something else has triggered this.

The only other thing I can assume was that I called in to ebay a month ago to get my limits increased.
I wanted to know if blotting out the total amount paid on the invoices was okay.

jeffweico 05-05-2016 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 768265)

Actually he had 2 out of 40 returned. That is a 5% return rate which is SLIGHTLY high. But not enough to do this to an account.

The buyer complained to eBay and it prompted someone to take a closer look at your account. THAT is what most likely did the account in.

One of the big parts of stealth is staying under the radar and avoiding having any human intervention in your account. Because when a rep takes a look at it, you never know what might happen...

Play 05-05-2016 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 768394)
Actually he had 2 out of 40 returned. That is a 5% return rate which is SLIGHTLY high. But not enough to do this to an account.

The buyer complained to eBay and it prompted someone to take a closer look at your account. THAT is what most likely did the account in.

One of the big parts of stealth is staying under the radar and avoiding having any human intervention in your account. Because when a rep takes a look at it, you never know what might happen...

I second that. Also got my percentage wrong :nerd: should of been 3%.

But even then, I assumed seller was selling other items on the account and not just this one particular item, which should in essence dilute this % further.

It must have been human intervention, and potential risk of item your selling.

livelifewild 05-05-2016 01:18 PM

Did you figure out what to do?
I had this happen not too long ago I just forgot about the account. I did not think it was worth the effort and time getting the documents together if I even could. And in the past I have, and sent them in. Just to have them respond back asking for EVEN MORE documentation.
I was just curious if you decided to send them in or not?

ghackett5 05-05-2016 06:27 PM

No I haven't yet sent anything. Its going to take me some time to get them together.
How long does one have to appeal an mc011 and what kind of extra documentation were asking for?

GreenBean 05-05-2016 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghackett5 (Post 768153)
Hi,
The stealth account was 5 yrs old with around 800fb 100%positive.
I was selling new phones on my account for the month of March-April (samsung) and out of total 40 buyers only 2 wanted to return it. But the second buyer was a difficult one who took the entire phone apart and told me the phone wasn't new and had water damage.
I asked him to return it several times but he never returned it, instead he reported this to ebay and ebay took my selling account down.
Now ebay are asking for photo id,statements and invoices.

Seems buyer was setting you up?

Taking new cell phones to pieces negates warranty.

Make a quick call to samsung and confirm that. If accurate, amend future listings to cover your back.

ghackett5 05-09-2016 11:08 PM

And If I don't respond and send the documents will this account get permanently limited? because I am not seeing any limits on the $$/qty..

ghackett5 05-22-2016 04:14 PM

I submitted my documents BUT they are asking for more:
They asked me to provide an explanation why the paypal name/address are mismatched.
I had put my real name and address on my paypal.Does anyone have any suggestions?

newjerseymax 05-22-2016 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghackett5 (Post 773669)
I submitted my documents BUT they are asking for more:
They asked me to provide an explanation why the paypal name/address are mismatched.
I had put my real name and address on my paypal.Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ouch yea this is what got you limited...

You had a Pain buyer, which can get your account limited if you didn't dot your I's and cross your T's is what happened... You got manual review and found a secondary problem to the first one...

Now at least you know what the problem is, and better yet it seems they accepted your documents and only need an explanation on address.

There are several reasons address doesn't match... You moved and forgot to change one? Can you be creative and provide a Utility Bill with current address and an explanation?

Sending some good vibes your way, I do feel like you could save this account.

ghackett5 05-22-2016 04:53 PM

Yes thanks for the quick reply but the Name is also mismatched, I don't know how to explain that one.

stressed08 05-22-2016 05:42 PM

Mismatched on PayPal vs. eBay obviously, right? Or the name on PayPal doesn't match the address?

ghackett5 05-22-2016 06:48 PM

Yes ebay name/address different from paypal name/address.

so now ebay want a valid reason why payments were being received in a paypal with different name/address to the one on ebay.

miketyson 05-22-2016 06:55 PM

Did you start both of them off like that? Mismatched you purposely created them like that?

stressed08 05-22-2016 06:59 PM

And both the names are different, AND the addresses are different? That's tough... are they holding money or anything yet?

ghackett5 05-22-2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miketyson (Post 773697)
Did you start both of them off like that? Mismatched you purposely created them like that?

I started them off purposely like that because I was prepared to give paypal my SS in case they asked (at that time back then I didn't know of EIN route).

My paypal is fine so no funds are on hold. Its just ebay giving me problems with selling restrictions.
Any idea how to explain this to ebay?

Both names are totally different only State,City and zip same.

mophie 05-22-2016 07:11 PM

Short explanation,

You have two separate addresses, one is yor partner's account and the other is your address, I would recommend you get an EIN number, in case they ask for this.

Just don't let eBay beat you up, I sent you info on ways you can get around the other stuff they're asking.

stressed08 05-22-2016 07:26 PM

I was under the impression it was PAYPAL that asks for EIN, not eBay.. but that would be a good explanation for the mis-match. Maybe even get your 'partner' on the phone with them if they need to.... another thread said they asked someone 'well where is your roomate right now?'.... would be nice to say my partners here at the office would you like to speak to him?

GreenBean 05-22-2016 07:46 PM

paypal does ask for the EIN.

But if ebay checks an account, and all is not in order, ebay tales actions to protect itself.

OP clearly states paypal is in OK standing. ebay made the issue because of mismatch info.

What the OP must watch out for is paypal not becoming involved because of this issue.

:typing: