Cookie question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-14-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Cookie question

Okay, I deleted all of my cookies, reset my modem and it worked to give me a different IP and I established a new ebay user account, although I have not registered a CC or even tried to buy anything on it yet.
Since the cookie that linked my IP and and banned account is gone as long as I don't log back in or attempt to log back into the banned account am I good for now?

I would hate to think that I will have to keep deleting cookies forever, because I belong to a lot of sites (like this one) that require a login and having the cookie there to remeber me.

Also, when I do make my first purchase on the new account can I used the old PP account (Premier and verified) if the email address sending the payment is the same as the new ebay account accepted?

Probably no big deal if the new account gets hit, better to happen right away before I get a bunch of +feedbacks...all of the info in it was bogus anyway.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2007

Hi mate, i've done the same as you, your ok with the ip address and the cookies, you don't have to keep on deleting them, just NEVER log back onto your old ebay account, although i had to because i was having alot of trouble with one of my buyers, he saw i was suspended then complained straight to paypal without even emailing me, f***ink nob, i just changed my ip address, deleted all cookies/passwords etc, logged into my old ebay account, sorted the nob out, then logged out, deleted everything again, changed ip address and logged into my new ebay account.
I, like you have decided to keep using my old paypal account,(confirmed/verified) i have changed the email address and added the bogus postal address to it, if i delete my actual address then the new bogus address will be unverified and i'll have no chance to verify it because it is bogus!!
I've just listed my first item for sale, but i can't use BIN because i'm a new user, and with no postive feedback, i wouldn't buy off me !!!!
I just hope i don't get banned the first time i buy something !!

All of the s***t just because i sold a few pirate copies of XP last year, i was stupid to do that, ebay just won't give me a second chance, rubbish !!
Old 08-14-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Yep, well at least you guys are selling again. A lot of people never figure out a way to start their business up again, or simply buy and sell a few things. It's never a good idea to depend wholly on one source of income, especially if that's eBay. Branch out to other auction sites, start your own website, don't get caught with nothing again.
Old 08-14-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljrog View Post
All of the s***t just because i sold a few pirate copies of XP last year, i was stupid to do that, ebay just won't give me a second chance, rubbish !!
Man don't those suckers, err buyers know about bittorrent or Limewire?:D
Old 08-14-2007
Threadstarter  

I forgot to ask if someone can clarify another aspect of the cookie situation.

I am assuming if someone has multiple accounts set up, they would have to log out and delete cookies before logging in under subsequent accounts?

I am close to getting a second computer up and running and will be using a router. How will this impact my IP issue if I wish to run one account from one computer and a second account from another. Wouldn't my IP not be set by the router? Should I set the second computer up with an AOL account or some other service that would use a proxy and if so could someone recommend the easiest to use/most cost effective service?

If someone is familiar please help to full me in.
Old 08-14-2007
Administrator

A router splits your IP address. They'll both have the same IP. If you can use AOL to proxy then that'll work.
Old 08-14-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
A router splits your IP address. They'll both have the same IP. If you can use AOL to proxy then that'll work.
If I access direct with one computer and then navigate to EB or PP on the other one using AOL will that do the trick? I'm assuming it will rather than to set up two (or more) AOL ID's and access using AOL on both?
Old 08-15-2007

You know ebay really does not like it when someone uses AOL browser and it lowers I think your score when you use AOL. The reason being you get a new IP each time you boot your computer up. However the thing with AOL is that it recirculate it's IP address and you may end up with an IP address that had a suspended account associated with it. There are so many suspended members who used AOL to get back on, so the chances of you getting a bad IP from AOL could get you suspended. I maybe wrong but be on the safe side and use other browsers. Stay away from AOL.
Old 08-15-2007
Threadstarter  

With AOL recycling IPs would ebay ban someone just because the old IP came back up once in a while? Wouldn't they rely on cookies, banned emails, etc.
Before I knew how things worked I had two EB accounts. I listed an item for sale with one, logged out, logged in with my other and put a nice fat bid on it. If ebay used only IPs to police things wouldn't that have gotten a penalty for shill bidding?
I know that EB doesn't need any evidence or proof to give you the boot, but I can't beieve with the number of AOL users that simply going through an AOL browser will get you red-flagged.
Old 08-15-2007

If they come across an IP that was recycled from a suspended user, Ebay tend to shoot first and ask questions later (HAHA which they never) Also if they do not suspend you, your scoring will go down just by them being unsure and suspicious with your account. So best be on the safe site.
Old 08-16-2007
Administrator

EBay won't suspend you just for using an IP that another suspended user has used. EBay won't shoot first when it comes to this. Think about it. A lot of people access their accounts from public places that share IPs, and eBay doesn't touch those accounts. If an IP is used over and over again between users, eBay knows its public and will need more hard evidence before it suspends an account. Example, cookies and contact information.