eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Should I buy an eBay "stealth account" that's a couple years old? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/96442-should-i-buy-ebay-stealth-account-thats-couple-years-old.html)

Amazonia 05-18-2016 02:51 AM

Should I buy an eBay "stealth account" that's a couple years old?

If I were to buy an eBay stealth seller account that's been around for a couple years, would I still have to take all the precautions to not use it on the same IP & computer as other suspended seller accounts and such? Is there any way to get an eBay seller account that you don't have to worry about being banned for account linking reasons even if you're using other accounts eBay on the same IP?

I've never done anything against eBay rules as a seller, but eBay banned me years ago after this one guy got pissed off at me and purposely bought from me 3 times to complain and leave bad feedback out of spite since he knew I couldn't deliver the item to him as it was a grandfather cell phone plan that couldn't be transferred on his first purchase due to the cell provider's change in terms of service. I refunded him immediately - within 2 days, but he was annoyed and thought I was just trying to sell it to someone else and complained that I didn't ask for his "permission" to refund him when it was impossible to deliver the item due to circumstances beyond my control. I didn't take care of his unwarranted negative feedback and was a very low volume seller/didn't know what I was doing - so it screwed me over when he bought other items out of spite and left bad ratings.

Since then I've had to bounce around using accounts that eventually get closed after a couple months. I've just been trying to sell on eBay, so eBay can make all that $$ in fees on all my sales, but I kept getting banned so I invested in the eBay stealth book...seems like a lot of precautions to take and I'm wondering if there's any way around it if I paid $ for an old eBay seller and/or PayPal account?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

empirestate 05-18-2016 03:11 AM

Re: Should I buy an eBay "stealth account" that's a couple years old?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amazonia (Post 772259)
If I were to buy an eBay stealth seller account that's been around for a couple years, would I still have to take all the precautions to not use it on the same IP & computer as other suspended seller accounts and such? Is there any way to get an eBay seller account that you don't have to worry about being banned for account linking reasons even if you're using other accounts eBay on the same IP?

I've never done anything against eBay rules as a seller, but eBay banned me years ago after this one guy got pissed off at me and purposely bought from me 3 times to complain and leave bad feedback out of spite since he knew I couldn't deliver the item to him as it was a grandfather cell phone plan that couldn't be transferred on his first purchase due to the cell provider's change in terms of service. I refunded him immediately - within 2 days, but he was annoyed and thought I was just trying to sell it to someone else and complained that I didn't ask for his "permission" to refund him when it was impossible to deliver the item due to circumstances beyond my control. I didn't take care of his unwarranted negative feedback and was a very low volume seller/didn't know what I was doing - so it screwed me over when he bought other items out of spite and left bad ratings.

Since then I've had to bounce around using accounts that eventually get closed after a couple months. I've just been trying to sell on eBay, so eBay can make all that $$ in fees on all my sales, but I kept getting banned so I invested in the eBay stealth book...seems like a lot of precautions to take and I'm wondering if there's any way around it if I paid $ for an old eBay seller and/or PayPal account?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Learning this stuff takes time, this is something you don't want to skip.

ilcarletto 05-18-2016 03:28 AM

Re: Should I buy an eBay "stealth account" that's a couple years old?

Many things has to be taken into account befor buying an eBay seller account.
Surce must be a trusted one if you are not sure on how to evaluate the account you are buying... it can be a waste of money.

If you are gettin it from the sellers in this forum marketplace, they are professional and trusted. If you are buying it elsewere be very very careful and in case get advice frome here.

Being said so, there is no account you are 100% confident it will not have issues. You'd better have a different IP from your suspended one (not difficult to get) but, since you will not have cookies/bhistory, you have to be careful on what you are starting to sell... ebay could see it as an hacked account (different IP, no cookies in place and started selling 100 iPhones... big red flag!!!)

I am afraid there is no way around the "precaution" you have learned on the stealth guide. Try to understand the reason why you are keeping on getting banned and start from there. You 2yearsoldaccount will be banned as well if you keep on doing the same mistakes.