eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Modifying listings on new accounts to avoid id? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/968-modifying-listings-new-accounts-avoid-id.html)

plugfish99 08-15-2007 09:23 AM

Modifying listings on new accounts to avoid id?

Greetings,

I have questions about changing listings on a new ebay account so that they are not the same as the previous suspended account. To what extent do these listings need to be edited to fly under the ebay radar?

I have followed almost all the steps in the guide except for this one. I believe this may be the reason why most of my new accounts are only lasting 20 days.

I have many products for sale and It would be difficult to completely rewrite every listing that I have in my inventory. Can anyone offer suggestions on the extent that listings must be edited in order to not find a match with prior ebay suspended account listings? Is changing the listing really necessary?

many thanks

aspkin 08-16-2007 08:41 AM

Well, when I wrote the guide over a year ago, my mind set was on VeRO. VeRO members at that time seemed to go after auctions they thought were similar, and thus I changed the way mine looked with each account. It worked, but as always VeRO would get me.

If you're not being VeRoed, the only thing you need to worry about are your gallery images. Make sure eBay host them, or you use a 3rd party image hosting site to host them. Don't host gallery images from your personal website. That's all.

delirium 08-16-2007 10:56 AM

Just in case anyone needs this there is a tool that Vendio offers that allows you to revise live listings in bulk which could save a ton of time if you had mass listings...it does cost $ but not that much if memory serves me?! Under $10.00/month or so...

imjustme 08-16-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 7577)
Make sure eBay host them, or you use a 3rd party image hosting site to host them. Don't host gallery images from your personal website. That's all.

What is the reason for this? Because it is against eBay's terms? Say you get suspended one one account and you were hosting images through mickeyslittlepoodle.com you can safely host images on the next account through victoriasgardentools.com right?

DogFacedBoy 08-16-2007 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjustme (Post 7596)
What is the reason for this? Because it is against eBay's terms? Say you get suspended one one account and you were hosting images through mickeyslittlepoodle.com you can safely host images on the next account through victoriasgardentools.com right?

I would think that this would be okay. I don't think that you would want to use the same domain for the same reasons as clearing cookies and changing IP's. The same "personal" website hosting photos could "associate" the accounts.

plugfish99 08-17-2007 03:34 PM

thanks for the responses