eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   ⊗⊗⊗⊗/Competitor VERO take down. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/97656-fake-competitor-vero-take-down.html)

myrong 07-03-2016 07:55 PM

⊗⊗⊗⊗/Competitor VERO take down.

Just got a copyright violation from ebay.

It was put in by a competitor, I know the rights holder email and its certainly not an outlook email like the one I got in the email. Also the company name given does not exist anywhere in the world.

Who ever did it knows the ebay game, as there is two people selling this item with 4-5 stealth accounts.

Any advice on what I can do to get my listing reinstated and prove the claim is not a legit one?

phaz0rz 07-04-2016 05:15 PM

Re: ⊗⊗⊗⊗/Competitor VERO take down.

Vero agents are most commonly lawyers representing the copyright holder. The Vero takedown notice will almost never have an email associated with the company of the copyright holder. It's not possible for one of your competitors to sign up on Ebay as a Vero agent. They would have to be an actual representative of the copyright holder.

There isn't anything you can do to get the listing back, because a Vero takedown removes the listing and ALL records related to the listing. Meaning there won't be a "relist" option anywhere.

I've had a few Vero takedowns in my Ebay career. I will generally wait 3-4 months and then relist the item, if I determine it's worth the risk.

Jackery 07-04-2016 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 784074)
It's not possible for one of your competitors to sign up on Ebay as a Vero agent.

You have no idea what you're talking about, trust me there are ways to do this.

sergfro 07-05-2016 12:01 PM

There are ways as i've done it before. Gotta fool the right Ebay person

Play 07-05-2016 12:47 PM

How can you sleep at night, knowing your going around ruining other people's livelihood by using a click of a button to kick competitors off the market. I thought eBay was bad, now I'm starting to think otherwise. How some people can get so low, is beyond my comprehension!

rsot 07-05-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 784271)
How can you sleep at night, knowing your going around ruining other people's livelihood by using a click of a button to kick competitors off the market. I thought eBay was bad, now I'm starting to think otherwise. How some people can get so low, is beyond my comprehension!

Such is the driving force on some of the most profitable niches...

newjerseymax 07-05-2016 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 784273)
Such is the driving force on some of the most profitable niches...

Amen! People will use any advantage possible. Sometimes it comes down to who has the biggest balls!

Ill pray for you brother!

Blessed day!

NJM

Jackery 07-05-2016 01:22 PM

Some niches are dog eat dog.

aksalesonline 07-05-2016 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackery (Post 784131)

Yep. Agreed. I've had this happen also.

myrong 07-06-2016 12:42 PM

No this is most definitely a competitor, strike went through on a sunday just before Monday midnight when item was listed on Saturday. Which lawyer works on a saturday?

The name he gave is unprofessional in relation to the ebay item.

I didnt get an MC code just copyright strike because probably ebay are not sure if its legit.

Guess I cannot do nothing other than relist on another account.

EDIT- A lawyer would also respond to my email for reason it was taken down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 784278)
Amen! People will use any advantage possible. Sometimes it comes down to who has the biggest balls!

Ill pray for you brother!

Blessed day!

NJM

Thanks mate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 784271)

The headache it also causes for the buyer to tell them that there item is okay and is on its way. The bueyrs panic. Then seller also panics to calm the storm too. Disgusting sub-humans.

myrong 07-06-2016 12:54 PM

Can I get ebay to send me more details of the 'VERO' member.

Like phone number and address?

The company listed doesn't exist anywhere in the world....

slapped 07-06-2016 02:36 PM

Ebay normally will give you all the info that you need in order to contact the VERO Member.

As far as all those who talk about completion and pulling lowlife moves like getting competitors booted from Ebay, ect, You Morons will NEVER last, sellers who resort to those lowlife tactics are sellers who have not even BEGUN to grasp the very BASICS of business.

You see, selling is EASY, the REAL business savvy comes when you BUY, NOT when or how you sell. If you BUY the RIGHT product at the RIGHT price then you will always be able to compete on ANY marketplace

phaz0rz 07-06-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackery (Post 784131)

Momma always said if you're wrong, stand up and say you're wrong. So... I stand corrected I guess.

I'm in a few extremely competitive niches and the only vero takedowns I've every had have been from manufacturers.

Sorry to hear about that OP.

oompaloompa 07-14-2016 04:41 AM

Usually ebay give you at least the email address.....I mean if it is a non-official looking email, I would question it...

they can spoof emails too in their contact with ebay, I would check the email out by contacting it, and see who answers...