Shipstation Return Labels - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > EBay Tools and Software

EBay Tools and Software General discussions on eBay tools & software, Auctiva, Turbo Lister, InkFrog, ShipStation and more.

Old 03-25-2017

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 55%
Default Shipstation Return Labels

Most of my products I sell are low cost and I just immediately refund the buyer and call it a day if there were any problems

With ship station, would I be able to include return shipping labels in packages with a *different* return address? (because stealth accounts have different addresses obviously)

I'm about to pull the trigger for an account
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-25-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default Re: Shipstation Return Labels

Yes, you can have as many "Shipping Locations" (ship from/return to) you need.
Old 03-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Perfect, thanks
Old 03-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Wait... I can't use PayPal to pay for shipping when I'm using ship station? I have to use credit card for paying for shipping?

And ship station is dead to me
Old 03-25-2017

Longevity: 41%

Yes, you need a CC.
Old 03-27-2017

Longevity: 45%

I felt the same way about not being able to use PP to pay for shipping but I went with shipstation anyway and I'm "SO" glad I did. You save so much time, and money in the cost in shipping its a no brainer. some packages around 3lbs I save over a dollar compared to eb or pp's shipping prices. it adds up quick when you ship a couple of those a day. you can keep track of your 200 items and 20k. checks addresses with usps. I would have missed so many shipment due to gmail not updating my messages if it wasn't for shipstation. it solves so many problems. it even keeps track of my inventory when I have bulk inventory of an item. I even use it to get a ruff estimate of if its time to pull money out of pp with out changing ip addresses and signing into pp. You can get a starter account for $9 or at least you could last year. If I remember right I signed up for the free trial and was given that option when I spoke to customer care. its for 50 shipments or less a month. just a stamps.com account costs that and it comes with one free, it pays for itself, trust me... Its better to use shipstation from day one of the eb account. then all your info is there.
Old 05-03-2017

Longevity: 44%

Are you using SS for multiple st3alth accounts? Do you use a separate SS for each, with its own IP/user login? Do you Sync with each marketplace to pull the orders, or copy&spaste the buyers info?
I am cautious, ATM, to avoid any linking so I currently copy&paste. Then update the orders as shipped from the admin panel. But, I would love to just Sync and pull the orders from each shop, from one SS login.

Any thoughts on this?
Old 05-03-2017

WTF??? Your killing yourself... There is plenty of threads on this topic. It would take less time to read them than what your doing...

Yes you can use shipstation for multiple accounts. The ONLY time the IP must be the same for eBay and Shipstation is when you are linking your eBay account to shipstation.

1. Go into your VM, User account or browser or how ever you keep your accounts separated in your computer as to not link accounts.

2. Check IP to make sure its safe for your eBay account.

3. Open shipstation and click the settings gear in the upper right corner.

4. Click "Selling Channels"

5. Click "connect a store or market place"

6. Click "eBay"

7. Enter the username for the eBay account.

8. shipstation will send you to ebay login. This is where you would be in trouble if the ip was not safe.

9. Log into ebay and click "allow" to give shipstation access to your ebay account.

10. Ebay will send you back to shipstation to apply settings.

That is it for the connection. After that you can log into ship station from any computer or user account with any IP address and hit update stores and all your orders from the stores you have linked to shipstation will update and all your orders can be processed in one place.

If it wasn't for shipstation "Update all stores" function I would have been late on so many orders due to G-Mail not sending me the emails from eBay and PayPal.

Shipstation is my favorite stealth accessory.

You can even keep track of bulk inventory for all accounts in one place. F-ing amazing....

Last edited by nate; 05-03-2017 at 11:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nate For This Useful Post:
mvpibk (05-09-2017)
Old 05-03-2017

** Just to stay on topic. I've learned from experience when you send someone a return label through shipstation, use shipstations option to email it to them and if all your return address info matches on ebay & shipstation... download the label and upload the label to ebay too. Don't just upload the label to ebay, do both. I just ran into problems with that scenario.

If you email a return label that's mismatched from your ebay return info and the buyer opens a PP or EB case and PP or EB wants you to upload your label. Just issue a refund before they step in and the problem will disappear... and possibly your item too... Just be prepared. Don't sell high dollar items on an account with mismatched return info if you cant stand to take the chance of loosing the item.

If the buyer doesn't use the return label, void it before 30 days has passed or stamps.com will not refund your money. "It maybe less than 30 days. I don't know exactly. But I once waited until ebay closed the return to void the label and stamps.com would not give me my refund for the unused label."

Last edited by nate; 05-03-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-03-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

I think there is a simpler answer for this. Why don't you guys just ask the buyer if the PayPal email on file is correct and then email them a return shipping label? Completely eliminate eBay as the middle man.

Have the buyer close the return request by telling them you can help them faster without an open case. I don't have this issue. I sell high ticket items all the time and have no issue with returns.

There's a little golden nugget for you guys! Thanks are appreciated
Old 05-03-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS View Post
I think there is a simpler answer for this. Why don't you guys just ask the buyer if the PayPal email on file is correct and then email them a return shipping label? Completely eliminate eBay as the middle man.
This is exactly what shipstation does. For all accounts... In one place... With cheaper shipping prices...

Quote:
Have the buyer close the return request by telling them you can help them faster without an open case. I don't have this issue. I sell high ticket items all the time and have no issue with returns.
No different than shipstation... Not all items sold on ebay produce the same results, trust me... If you sold what I sell you'd abandon that strategy quick... The only time you should be sending return labels is for "Not as described" or "Appears to be not authentic" returns... Unless you have a BS return address in eBay. Then a P.O. box becomes more cost effective if you get more than one return a month for that account in the 2-3 lbs range.

Quote:

Last edited by nate; 05-03-2017 at 04:19 PM. Reason: added some more appreciation for dem' golden nuggets
Old 05-03-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
This is exactly what shipstation does. For all accounts... In one place... With cheaper shipping prices...
I'm not sure why you're correcting me here. I agreed with what you said. The Op still needs to verify the PayPal email on file is correct then he can email the buyer a shipping label. Through shipstation of course. I thought since this thread is titled "shipstation return labels" that was a given. Shipstation has two options for return labels. One of those literally says email return label lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
No different than shipstation... Not all items sold on ebay produce the same results, trust me... If you sold what I sell you'd abandon that strategy quick... The only time you should be sending return labels is for "Not as described" or "Appears to be not authentic" returns... Unless you have a BS return address in eBay. Then a P.O. box becomes more cost effective if you get more than one return a month for that account in the 2-3 lbs range.
I really don't know what you're talking about here but I'll do my best to respond in order to help the OP. Most people have a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ return address on their "Stealth eBay Account" because the one they're physically living at is probably banned. Why would you put your real info on a stealth account? That defeats the purpose of stealth.

You can send return labels for anything you want. When your profit margins are high and you don't have many returns then you're fine. It only cost 3.xx bucks and again my margins high. Most of the time I cover return shipping even if the buyer is supposed to pay it. This lands me countless positive reviews. I take care of my customers and they return to buy more things. Retail 101.

Ok you don't want to pay for return shipping? Email them your real return address. You have their email. Eliminate PayPal/eBay. There's no open case so there is no problem. You communicate with your buyer directly off their systems so they can't monitor you. (OP since you sell cheap items follow this)

You don't need a P.O. Box. This makes no sense. You're throwing money out of the window.

Again Nate I have no clue what you're talking about. Even the OP said "because stealth accounts have different addresses obviously". So yea he has a BS return address, I have a BS return address, my mom has a BS return address, Donald Trump has a BS return address....
Old 05-03-2017

Quote:
I really don't know what you're talking about here
This is clear...

Quote:
but I'll do my best to respond in order to help the OP.
That was 1 1/2 months ago he's long gone. Plus he isn't new to the game. "Senior member". Topic = Shipstation Return Labels. Search terms for those words will pull this thread.

Quote:
Most people have a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ return address on their "Stealth eBay Account" because the one they're physically living at is probably banned.
What does your return address and the physical address you live at (which has been banned) have to do with each other? Think outside the box... Or think PO box... Which ever

Quote:
Why would you put your real info on a stealth account? That defeats the purpose of stealth.
#1. Last Name- To withdrawal money into a BA (I used first and last name but that's just what I do)... #2. Real PO box info to actually receive your returns...

Quote:
You can send return labels for anything you want. When your profit margins are high and you don't have many returns then you're fine.
This is true...

Quote:
It only cost 3.xx bucks and again my margins high. Most of the time I cover return shipping even if the buyer is supposed to pay it. This lands me countless positive reviews. I take care of my customers and they return to buy more things. Retail 101.
You mean it costs you $3. A 3lb package from the east coast to the west coast can cost $14.40 with a stamps.com discount. This is why I said not all items sold on eBay will have the same results. I'm in the business of making money. Not building up positive feedback. As a matter of fact, in my business model, I don't like a lot of feedback. Imagine that... You have to think outside the box... All your thinking about is your business model. I'm just on the topic.. Topic = Shipstation Return Labels. Search terms for those words will pull this thread.

Quote:
Ok you don't want to pay for return shipping? Email them your real return address. You have their email. Eliminate PayPal/eBay. There's no open case so there is no problem. You communicate with your buyer directly off their systems so they can't monitor you.
This is where experience comes into play. Your talking about a perfect scenario. I'm talking about something that may happen 1 out of 1000 times. Where the buyer sees that the address on the return label you sent him or her doesn't match the return address of the original shipping label or the return address eBay provides (assuming they opened a return) and opens a PP case against you and PP or EB wants you to upload the label. I'm just guessing... but I bet you don't have experience with that scenario.

Quote:
(OP since you sell cheap items follow this)
He's long gone and probably mastered shipstation by now...

Quote:
You don't need a P.O. Box. This makes no sense. You're throwing money out of the window.
In your business model... Maybe... Just to give you some outside knowledge. A 3lb package shipped from the east coast to the west coast can cost $14.40. Believe it or not People actually ship all kinds of packages from all over the place. There is more than just $4.16 first class mail. (agian I know what OP said) this info is not just for him. A PO box costs 22-26$ for 3 months here. I imagine it cant be too much more in other places. If someone was to get two $14.40 returns a month the PO box pays for itsself and can save you a lot of aggravation from all kinds of things that can go wrong which I guess you haven't experienced yet.

Quote:
Again Nate I have no clue what you're talking about. Even the OP said "because stealth accounts have different addresses obviously".
I cant remember what OP was talking about. But I too have different addresses for each one of my accounts. (Which is a lot of addresses) & PO boxes at that. You see, when you margins are HIGH enough you can afford 20 PO Boxes @ $8 a month each.

Quote:
So yea he has a BS return address, I have a BS return address, my mom has a BS return address, Donald Trump has a BS return address....
You and your Mom... I can believe that... But if Donald Trump is selling something I doubt it. He's not that cheap. He's in the business of making $ and it takes $ to make $ so I'm pretty sure he'd go and drop 20 some dollars for a PO box... Just sayin'
Old 05-03-2017

I'm sorry, but what got me is this
Quote:
For the most basic knowledge out there...

Anyone that's done one search for returns has found that info...

Last edited by nate; 05-03-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-21-2018

Longevity: 33%
Exclamation Re: Shipstation Return Labels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecommaster View Post
Yes, you can have as many "Shipping Locations" (ship from/return to) you need.
So I'm setting up my return shipping, and wondering if putting the same return address on all my accounts in Shipstation will link them. ALL THE RETURN ADDRESSES ON EBAY ARE DIFFERENT.

For example:

Store Name
Shipping Department
1234 State Street
Miami, FL 33444

I have four accounts that have 4 different locations. If something gets lost I don't want the item being returned to the ghost address.

Thanks in advance for your help