Shipstation multiple accounts same address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > EBay Tools and Software

EBay Tools and Software General discussions on eBay tools & software, Auctiva, Turbo Lister, InkFrog, ShipStation and more.

Old 01-18-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Shipstation multiple accounts same address?

I have gotten a subscription to shipstation and really like it so far.

I use it mainly to import all my orders from different accounts and make a pick list. Has saved me tons of time just by allowing me to do this.

I have only used it to ship on the one account that I have an accessible mailing address.

I currently use pay pal shipping for the other stealths.

Do I need to change the ship from address to the address matching the stealth account, or can I leave the shipping address the same?

I have it attached to 2 ebays and 2 etsy's.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Shipstation multiple accounts same address?

I use stamps.com and ship from all of my accounts using the same return address. eBay/paypal don't see it because I purchase postage externally. The case would be the same with you, because shipstation uses either stamps.com or endicia as a postage provider.

But, isn't it a linking risk to have multiple account linked up with shipstation? That's the whole reason I stopped using them..
Old 01-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post

But, isn't it a linking risk to have multiple account linked up with shipstation? That's the whole reason I stopped using them..

No.

Jeff and Solefoodbk use shipstation for mulitple accounts. Same for inkfrog and auctiva
Old 01-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 68%

I used the same return shipping address on two of my minor stealths. Will see how it goes. But from what people have said, it seems like everything will be fine. The USPS tracking does not include the return address info. Don't think it includes the destination info either. Just the number and present tracking location.

Also, shipstation uses stamps.com for postage purchases.
Old 01-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con View Post
I used the same return shipping address on two of my minor stealths. Will see how it goes. But from what people have said, it seems like everything will be fine. The USPS tracking does not include the return address info. Don't think it includes the destination info either. Just the number and present tracking location.

Also, shipstation uses stamps.com for postage purchases.
Good luck, you'll be fine. I think, but am not 100% sure, that they can determine at least the region a parcel was sent from by examining the tracking number. I say that because the first few sets of numbers in a USPS tracking number vary depending on what part of the country a package was sent from.

I tried shipstation like 6 months ago. At the time I'm pretty sure you could select either stamps.com or endicia, and the monthly fee was a little lower for endicia.

I ended up getting 6 months of my stamps.com subscription for free (only sharing this because stamps.com finally caught on). Shipstation gives you a free stamps.com account when you sign up. I already had a stamps.com account so I just linked the one I already had. When I cancelled the shipstation trial, my stamps.com account didn't update and remained linked to a nonexistent shipstation account. So my stamps.com subscription was free until 01/2016 because stamps.com thought I was paying my subscription fee through shipstation.

Random, I know. Just thought I would share my experience while we were talking about shipstation and stamps.com
Old 02-09-2016

Longevity: 52%

Is there any concern about a return address printed on package sent to a customer somehow getting back to eBay, or is that unlikely?
Old 02-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ373 View Post
Is there any concern about a return address printed on package sent to a customer somehow getting back to eBay, or is that unlikely?
My thoughts exactly. I often have found that buyers of the same items are in it to resell or other things. So it could become a potential problem if you get a smart arse.... Might even try to blackmail you...

To reduce the risk I would not use the same address...

Although "this is the main warehouse" address can always come into play. Depending on how savvy that buyer is.
Old 02-13-2016

Longevity: 67%

Shipstation is pretty juicy, I'm currently using it for 4 eb accounts (stealths) and my ama account (I plan to add more amazon accounts soon). After using it I don't think I could do without it.

From my understanding, there is no risk of links because currently shipstation is feeding NOTHING unique to the companies... no unique code/tag or anything. The only thing marketplaces know about your shipstation account is that you're using shipstation.

I say currently, but jeff made a really good post a while ago:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-to...questions.html

He points at that things could change-- however I'm not uncomfortable with that thought-- completely... because at this point, shipstation is aware of stealth & how hard some users are working to not get linked (their support and team are very awesome), and they've been functioning for so long I don't see any reason they would do such a thing, not without a notification of changes at least.

Maybe I'm grasping here to be maximum comfy, but personally I see no risk.
Old 02-13-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ373 View Post
For starters I wouldn't use a new return address that's never been linked to a marketplace account (new PO box, ect.) so that already takes out most of the risk... and then I use the same sender name which is something like SOMETHING FULFILLMENT CENTER

But in the hypothetical situation of the same buyer getting two separate packages, from 'different' sellers, with the same return address and then calling you out on it... you say it's a company that stores your stock and ships /handles returns for you (like a poormans FBA), or that you dropship, w/e.

I see this being a VERY rare occurrence, I wouldn't even worry about it... I mean even if it happened and you got someone who was looking to cause harm what could they do? Call EB/AMA and tell them they got a package with the same return address? Dropshipping is a real thing, and I'm sure there's small companies out there doing what amazon does with FBA on a smaller scale.

Last edited by Mitsu; 02-13-2016 at 06:48 AM.
Old 02-13-2016

Longevity: 52%

I guess I didn't so much mean the same buyer getting two packages from a particular seller's two different stealths (unlikely).... I just mean sending a package with your (real) return address being an address you don't want to get linked to your stealth account, for instance say there is a dispute and for whatever reason a disgruntled buyer communicates to eBay something like: "well, in the auction the item was listed as coming from California, but this package came from XXX Main Street, Peoria, IL"

That's probably unlikely as well, but I do remember a thread somewhere here where something like a scanned-in address got uploaded to Amazon and created a link for somebody I don't know if that was something to do with 3rd party shipping or by a buyer or what, but it something like that.
Old 02-13-2016

In that situation, as long as the return address isn't linked to any of your accounts, it won't create a link between accounts so it won't create an immediate problem.

Now that address -could be- 'linked' to the account 1 from that point forward, so the same situation would have to happen on account 2 to create a link between account 1--2.

If this was ebay, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it... I highly doubt they'd even record that information in the buyer complaint.

If it was on amazon though, I'd be a little bit worried, and would probably secure a new return address when possible.