MAC Address Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 03-24-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default MAC Address Question

Hi Everyone,

So here is the situation. I have recently just started selling online again. The problem is that the computer I have used to work on this new account has recently crashed and seems to be junk all together. I was really only using it because it was the computer in which I started this new account. I do however have a old computer that would work fine. This old computer has had linkage to different past stealth accounts but on different wifi routers so I am assuming the IP's will be completely different. I am worried the MAC address is the same on my old computer and will allow me to be traceable. Can someone please comment on whether they think I am safe to use my old computer?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-24-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: MAC Address Question

MAC addresses are unique for every LAN card, so there is 0 possibility you'll have the same MAC address on a different computer. Websites do not have the ability to see your MAC address so this is totally irrelevant for stealth.

However if all you are doing is switching your router, you're very likely to still have the same IP Address. Changing the MAC address on your router is one of the ways to get a new IP address with some ISP's. Simply changing routers won't give you a new IP if you're still using the same cable/DSL modem. Your local IP address will change, but not your public IP.

In short you shouldn't be concerned about your MAC at all. Create a new user account on your PC so you don't have to worry about cookies from your old account spilling over to your new account. Then do whatever you do to change your IP address, and check your IP by typing "show my IP" into google before you logon to eBay.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
paraline2000 (03-26-2017)
Old 03-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 58%

Okay awesome thanks
Old 04-19-2017

Longevity: 40%

I know if you call some ISP's they will change the IP if you make a big enough of stink, but I have read that some sites can get certain hardware characteristic info on you depending on your plugins (browser, OS, res, plugins etc).

Can this be linked back? Does creating a new user account prevent being tracked based on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
MAC addresses are unique for every LAN card, so there is 0 possibility you'll have the same MAC address on a different computer. Websites do not have the ability to see your MAC address so this is totally irrelevant for stealth.

However if all you are doing is switching your router, you're very likely to still have the same IP Address. Changing the MAC address on your router is one of the ways to get a new IP address with some ISP's. Simply changing routers won't give you a new IP if you're still using the same cable/DSL modem. Your local IP address will change, but not your public IP.

In short you shouldn't be concerned about your MAC at all. Create a new user account on your PC so you don't have to worry about cookies from your old account spilling over to your new account. Then do whatever you do to change your IP address, and check your IP by typing "show my IP" into google before you logon to eBay.
Old 04-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdude View Post
I know if you call some ISP's they will change the IP if you make a big enough of stink
Yeah and calling in 3-5 times a day to get an IP change is going to get the ISP questioning why you are wanting to change the IP, so that just makes no sense to go that route.

Quote:
but I have read that some sites can get certain hardware characteristic info on you depending on your plugins (browser, OS, res, plugins etc).
Let's be clear on one thing......99.9999% of most sites can read data on your computer up to a certain point. To get an idea visit www.whoer.net and check the "Extended Version" and it will show quit a bit of info but most of it is information that your browser reads.

Quote:
Can this be linked back? Does creating a new user account prevent being tracked based on that?
Creating a new User does help but if you truly want to be stealth....VMWare will be the best way to go.
Old 04-19-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Yeah and calling in 3-5 times a day to get an IP change is going to get the ISP questioning why you are wanting to change the IP, so that just makes no sense to go that route.

Let's be clear on one thing......99.9999% of most sites can read data on your computer up to a certain point. To get an idea visit www.whoer.net and check the "Extended Version" and it will show quit a bit of info but most of it is information that your browser reads.

Creating a new User does help but if you truly want to be stealth....VMWare will be the best way to go.
Well sure, I would never say to do that 3-5 times per day. But here and there, I guess...save money on hot spots? haha. I do see your point though..

Im familiar with VMWare, but man has it been a while. Thanks for the info..
Old 04-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

There are modified Verizon Hotspots that only cost $5/month for unlimited 3G data.....come in very handy.
Old 04-20-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
There are modified Verizon Hotspots that only cost $5/month for unlimited 3G data.....come in very handy.
Are you serious? How did I not know about this, everything I came across is like $35-$40 a month minimum plus hardware....$90ish and some change basically.
Old 04-20-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdude View Post
Are you serious? How did I not know about this, everything I came across is like $35-$40 a month minimum plus hardware....$90ish and some change basically.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...+mifi&_sacat=0
Old 04-20-2017

Wow thank you for the link, appreciate it.

Already saving me money, love this site haha.
Old 05-06-2017

Longevity: 63%

You don't have to worry about MAC. Ebay or Amazon are not able to see your Computer's MAC address. They are using different methods to link your accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2017

If you're concerned about MAC address, start using VMware or Virtualbox .