Quick question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 01-04-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Quick question

hello forum i kinda have a stupid question? from my understanding on home wifi service every device connect to it have there on ip address so my question is if i purchased a new desktop and 2 stealth account i would just be able to manage them with different user accounts on my desktop correct or am i missing something?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-04-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Quick question

You're missing the part where you check your public IP and make sure it's not the same as your previous account's IP. Most home internet connections nowadays have Static IP assignments - so it's very hard to get a new IP by "unplugging/replugging" your modem, where it used to be easy to do.

You're probably going to still need an IP source (VPN or whatever you want to use). You can check your INTERNET IP by going to google.com and typing "show my IP" in the search bar. Your internet IP is different and unrelated to the local IP address your Wifi router is giving you. All devices on your local network get their own local IP address so they're able to communicate with other devices on your network. When a device on your network communicates with the internet, your router replaces whatever local IP the packet has with your external (internet) IP. Wifi routers play the role of a "NAT" by doing this. Enterprise-scale networks have dedicated NAT components which do the same thing on a massive scale.

You certainly would not get a new IP by purchasing a new computer and putting it on the same network you've been using. You will need to take additional steps. Your Wifi Router is the only device with your external IP. Intranet IP's given out on your local network by your router are irrelevant.

(This is not something anyone can give a "quick" answer to, lol. Doing stealth properly requires an understanding of the difference between internal and external IP addresses.)

Last edited by phaz0rz; 01-04-2018 at 09:39 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
MtnDew (03-11-2018), Wrouse (01-05-2018)
Old 01-04-2018
Threadstarter  

so basically if i never used this wifi service to connect to ebay or paypal all i need is a VPN if i have connected to ebay paypal on this computer then i need to change my public ip address but i was thinking that was the purpose of the VPN was to give me a secure connection to ebay paypal along with a Fresh IP address
Old 01-04-2018
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

That is the purpose of a VPN. If you're planning to use a VPN to connect then you should be fine - but I didn't see that mentioned in your OP.

If you've ever used your home connection before to manage accounts then you should use a VPN or another method of changing your IP.

If you haven't used your home connection to manage accounts before then you can use your home connection.
Old 01-04-2018
Threadstarter  

great so thanks and for each stealth account i will need a fresh vpn from ip burger correct???
Old 01-04-2018
Executive [VIP]

Yes. At least as you're getting started you should only have one account per VPN. Personally I run at least two accounts on each of my VPN's but I didn't start experimenting with that until I had over a dozen accounts running.

24vc works great too. 24vc was the only VPN company advertising here when I started so I'm biased. Both IPbooger and 24vc are suitable for running accounts - for now at least.
Old 01-04-2018
Threadstarter  

so would you create the user accounts on your computer first or get the vpn's first then create the user accounts? And Are vpn's like applications on your desktop that allow you access to the internet once you click on them???
Old 01-04-2018
Executive [VIP]

It wouldn't make any difference what order you do the process in. What matters is that you have your VPN connected before you access your accounts.

A VPN is a type of network connection (a virtual private network), not an application. They use your existing internet connection to connect to a server somewhere. Once you're connected to the VPN server, your internet traffic is routed through the VPN server so all traffic will have the IP of your VPN server.

There will be detailed tutorials on whatever site you purchase from telling you how to setup your VPN connection. Microsoft has a VPN client built into Windows which you can use to connect. Softether VPN Client is another very popular way to manage VPN connections.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
rsot (03-11-2018), Wrouse (01-05-2018)
Old 01-04-2018
Threadstarter  

thanks thanks a million
Old 03-11-2018

Longevity: 83%

wow lot of good info for newbies there phazorz. well said too you have my vote for welcome committee.
Think I'll buy me a football team