eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Help Re: cookies/ebay tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/12280-help-re-cookies-ebay-tracking.html)

chiefj2b11 07-24-2009 09:42 PM

Help Re: cookies/ebay tracking

So I have multiple ebay accounts/paypal accounts, but only one computer that I work off of and it is a mac (Mac OS X operating system) with Comcast hi-speed internet (so only one IP address). Is there any way to be able to use only one computer to access my multiple ebay accounts (for selling) without being tracked? My main account was recently suspended for a week and has a couple MC 017 (whatever the number is) violation for selling VeRo items. So is there any way I can like delete cookies or something so ebay can't track my use of multiple accounts on one computer? Any suggestions/help is appreciated! Thanks!

Vicvelcro 07-25-2009 12:41 AM

Clean cookies. Clean flash. Clean LSO's. Clean DOM. If you use a router, change the MAC in the *router* and then reboot the *modem*. If you don't use a router, change the MAC of the network interface then reboot the modem. Every time you want a new IP, change MAC and reboot the modem.

chiefj2b11 07-25-2009 01:51 AM

How do I change the MAC of the network interface and clean flash/cookies/LSO's/DOM? I don't even know what the last two mean lol I don't know computers THAT well. Thanks for your help!

Vicvelcro 07-25-2009 02:31 AM

Personally, I have no idea how to do anything on an Apple computer. I can't even turn one on or off.

You'll have to find some software or a system setting to change your NIC MAC.

Your browser should have an option to clear cookies and private data.

I don't know the storage structure of your system, but find where your flash objects are saved and delete the tree. I'm not saying delete your flash interpreter, just the saved flash objects.

LSO is an acronym for Locally Shared Objects. This means the object is accessed by any and all browsers or browser-like applications. On my system, firefox cookies are separate from IE cookies. LSOs are the same for both. If it exists for one, it exists for all. And certain types of LSO are accessible across user accounts. So specific LSOs are common to each and every login I have (except I don't let them exist - auto-blocking). I have to do torrents on a separate PC because the same LSO that processes my tracker login for firefox will update if I have to use IE when I log in and then it is available to my torrent client. This is not good for stealth.

DOM is a supercookie. You don't want one. Just google 'DOM' and see if you can figure it out. If you have DOM, get rid of it. Then find something for your system that prohibits DOM.

ebaykilla 07-29-2009 07:06 PM

use a router and it is easy to do. search the forums, it is explained how. it works the same way for mac or pc. i use a mac to do it. you just need to log into the web based admin tool for your brand router...belkin are great to use ...linksys are nice as well...

apconcen 10-12-2009 09:07 PM

anybody knows where I can find the directory path that DOM and silverlight cookies are stored ?

MAXA cookie manager shows me that i have some silverlight and DOM cookies that cant be deleted unless I pay for the pro version.

Betterprivacy addon on firefox doesnt get rid of these DOM and silverlight cookies.

Vicvelcro 10-12-2009 11:38 PM

BetterPrivacy does get rid of DOM (unless you got the crappy version of firefox or didn't set the right options for the plugin). The FlashBlock plugin handles the SilverLight issue. So does NoScript.

Use those 3 plugins and you are covered 2x on almost everything.

apconcen 10-13-2009 01:44 AM

hi vic,

MAXA cookie manager is showing I still have about 14 DOM cookies remaining on my computer and I am pretty sure I have betterprivacy settings correctly setup. I use Flash cookie Blocker to double check Better privacy....but MAXA says i still have those super DOM cookies. I will search for[hope they are easy to find] and add the 2 other addons for firefox and let you know.

Re MS Explorer v 8
==============

I like to re covered 2x like you said but I must have a death wish still using IE..anyway I notice that after i have used flash cookie blocker and firefox incl. better privacy which I have to clear EVERYTHING on start up and exit ; -- when I bring up IE and then ebay.com I get the Ebay trick question..." helllo username, if you are not username click here to sign in".. I hope you know what i am talking about. Its a log in prompt you get sometimes from Ebay. Its like Ebay thinks its you but they are not sure...in other words a cookie MUST still be telling them something. I even use IE[options and history] to clear everything but I still get the prompt. IT DOES NOT happen on firefox.

...anyway I also have ccleaner and I step by step selct the clear options under IE 8 and it is ONLY after index.dat file is deleted[and my computer restarted] that the IE prompt finally goes away. of course ccleaner also cleared cookies,etc but those were already deleted by 3 other processes. We should know about index.dat because Ebay obviously uses it. any thoughts even though I am sure you are not crazy enough to use IE ?

Right now I am in semi stealth mode, clearing stuff/IP each time, but I will move to user acct stealth soon.

Thanks for the response

Vicvelcro 10-13-2009 04:28 AM

Each browswer (and even firefox profile) stores cookies independently. You can clean firefox cookies from within firefox, but it doesn't touch your IE cookies. You would need to clean your IE cookies separately.

I have no knowledge of MAXA, so I can't elaborate on that at all. Maybe MAXA is picking up DOMs that belong to IE and not to firefox? That's the only explanation that makes sense to me. I guess you need to determine if the DOM that MAXA is finding actually belongs to firefox...

I rely on BetterPrivacy to tidy up the DOM. But I actually have a setting within the firefox about:config that disables DOM storage (which in theory makes the use of BetterPrivacy unnecessary).

First advice: clean everything completely for all browswers and all profiles. THEN stop using IE for your ecommerce. That means Amazon, ebay, Paypal, etc.

That would make it easier to determine the cause of your issue.

If you can't resist using IE, at least restrict IE to harmless stuff like Kitten Cannon.

apconcen 10-13-2009 05:33 AM

thanks vic,

MAXA is indeed reporting them as IE DOM storage cookies. Shame I cant delete them, most them are named getMachID but I also have them from foxnews, cbc, etc

MAXA is also showing Firefox DOM's as zero so another double-triple check that better privacy is doing the job

..using IE is asking for trouble

apconcen 10-13-2009 04:14 PM

one more thing vic,

1) do you use the windows login username *system* for each Eb & p/p account ?

2) If so then why betterprivacy, etc as the only thing that needs changing is the IP for each login ?

3) I have decided to use the winlogin system with better privacy[BP] but I set exemptions in BY for Ebay flash cookies, hence they remain on each user acct. More realistic I think for the stooges at GayBay..thoughts ?

4) Of course I switched to another winuser name and verified that my new allowed flash cookies from ebay were NOT showing up on this user. no problem of course BUT AS FAR AS YOU KNOW ARE ANY COOKIES, FLASH COOKIES or DOM SUPERCOOKIES USED ACROSS WINUSERS, BROWSERS OR EVEN SYSTEMS[unix,windows on same computer] ??

5) Dont you think using the win username system is better especially for the paypal as I suspect they utilise much more automated security algorithms and perhaps attach a lower security risk to users with never changing flash cookies?

Vicvelcro 10-14-2009 03:58 AM

1. I use separate windows user logins.

2. Because I believe anything worth doing is worth over-doing.

3. Personally, I disagree with retaining flash cookies. I never let them in at all.

4. I am not certain that there are any cookies that cross browser or user account boundaries. To be clear though, I strongly suspect that it is happening.

5. No. I don't think that at all. I think that retaining regular cookies makes a difference. At the same time, I think that even allowing a flash cookie in is a big mistake. Here's an idea: set aside 12 hours of your time. Write down a list of questions about flash cookies. Spend the rest of those 12 hours learning as much as you can about flash cookies. Then take the rest of the day off. The following day, after your brain has processed some data, assess what you learned. Try to explain to another person exactly what a flash cookie is, what it's for, where they are stored, how to remove them, and anything else you managed to dig up. Then make a list of all the questions you didn't get answers to. On a separate piece of paper, write down all the questions you NOW have that you didn't start out with. Then, let us know if you will continue to retain your flash cookies.