eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   few questions looking for solving (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/12593-few-questions-looking-solving.html)

Help 08-11-2009 12:19 AM

few questions looking for solving

Hi,

i was an auctiva and pressed the preview to see what the auction would look like, is that opening an ebay page?

i have not been able to change my ip, would that matter

also, if i dont log into ebay but look through the items for sale stuff, are they monitoring me

i was thrown off for a very stupid reason and they yet have been very rude to me and not even bothered to let me know what i have been thrown off for
they blocked me and suspended me and now after waiting a while, i emailed them and they told me i was not to be reinstated
this is screwy

GreenBean 08-11-2009 12:25 AM

[quote=Help;98294]Hi,

Quote:

i was in auctiva and pressed the preview to see what the auction would look like, is that opening an ebay page?
Not if you were signed into auctiva.

Quote:

i have not been able to change my ip, would that matter
Yes most certainly can affect your stealth account

Quote:

also, if i dont log into ebay but look through the items for sale stuff, are they monitoring me
if not signed in, they can not. But what you look at is 'seen' & if you return there is notice of what you looked at: not truly anonymous. Better to try to never do use the same computer & do that.

Quote:

i was thrown off for a very stupid reason and they yet have been very rude to me and not even bothered to let me know what i have been thrown off for they blocked me and suspended me and now after waiting a while, i emailed them and they told me i was not to be reinstated
this is screwy
Well there is always a message from either ebay or paypal. Somewhere there is an MCxxxxx notice. What you do now is consider buying the stealth book. You will find the way to get back on ebay.

Vicvelcro 08-11-2009 12:40 AM

They ARE monitoring what you are doing. They just don't know that it is you, if you aren't logged in.

Ever notice how it sorta remembers the items you've been viewing. Knows the last items you looked at and keeps a count of what you've looked at most so it can PUSH items at you that you will most likely be willing to buy?

*IF* you log in, it dumps that info into the YOU data. If you don't log in, and don't clear cookies, when you come back another time - it knows what you looked at last time.

So, best to do your empty non-logged-in roaming from another browser/profile/windowsuseraccount. Not the one you'll be using when you do eventually log in.

Unless you don't mind the data being dumped. It *can* be used to profile you later, but it would be very weak. Unless there's something else significant to supplement it, you wouldn't be linked this way, maybe suspected. If there IS something else significant, you *might* get linked. It's pretty thin, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Help (Post 98294)
Hi,

Help 08-11-2009 11:27 AM

hi

here is how i do it:

i use esnipe to bid
auctiva to list
and a different computer, diff location to sign into emails and ebay id

i still have the same ip at home, so i just use that computer to surf the web, list with auctiva, and snipe auctions.

if i am able to change ip, i just erase the firefox and iexplorer and that should clear all cookies and everything out, right?

Vicvelcro 08-11-2009 04:20 PM

Yes and no.

Don't forget the flash objects. Better if you use a plugin for firefox or a GOOD standalone application.

Help 08-13-2009 05:21 PM

very stupid question

what is a flash object and how do i find them

Vicvelcro 08-13-2009 05:28 PM

Claire Voyant 09-14-2009 02:35 PM

God forbid, what about dial up? Can they keep track of IP's that way?

Is it too late to sign into my brothers account and change adddress some what?

Vicvelcro 09-14-2009 02:56 PM

Yes.

Most moderate to major dialup providers cache data and proxy the connection, but it's not the anonymizing type of proxy. The provider assigns an IP to your connection and it will be in the packet headers, regardless of what IP chicken shows. The proxy acts as a passthru, and it will provide a public-facing IP (what IP chicken etc will see) while at the same time it will provide a private-side IP (not private in the way YOU would think - it's jargon for this purpose) which you won't know but which AOL tracks all transferred data in and out yet at the same time they may or may not be putting that private-side IP in the packet headers. Some of the dialup servers put it in, some of the older unupdated servers still don't put it in.

ebay, paypal, amazon, and tons of other sites already know about this. So if they detect a public-facing IP *and* a private-side IP in headers, they know what's going on and will rely more on the private-side IP for linking and other underhandedness.

AOL used to be good for dialup, but they've altered a lot of their handling (not every number will connect to the newer stuff though). Also, they do subcontract from some smaller providers to give connections in areas that AOL doesn't provide their own in-house coverage. Thus, you may not know what you are getting when you use any particular number. AOL is still fine for some, but not for everybody.

Things change.