eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Failed Login links accounts? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/12665-failed-login-links-accounts.html)

fairgo 08-13-2009 08:51 AM

Failed Login links accounts?

I have 2 stealth accounts. and one day i accidently put the wrong username but correct password (of the other account)...

Does this link the accounts....i mean it didnt actualy login obviously as login/pass combination was incorrect.

However whenever i start typing the username it now has both of the login names in its memory (drop down) !!

captainjack1980 08-13-2009 09:04 AM

Clearing the form data in your browser will clear that.

Long as both accounts are active I shouldn't think it would cause any problems for you.

CaptainJack

inverser 08-13-2009 11:53 AM

I think it's doubtful that (wrong) passwords can link accounts. After all, out of the millions of eBay users at least a fraction of them must unknowingly share the exact same password as countless others.

But throw cookies into the mix and that's a different story.

Burst 08-13-2009 01:10 PM

Its been reported by a couple members that using the other pw to another account has linked them. That was some time ago though.

bluemoon999 08-13-2009 01:39 PM

Since both your stealth accounts are in good standing, it won't raise anything big. I made the same kind mistake too sometimes, just don't trust your memory all the time. Check the spreadsheet if you got multiple accounts. I think in the drop down list, no matter how many in there, you can always use the arrow buttons move up and down, highlight the one(s) you want to remove, then press DELETE key to get it off the table. No need to clear all the history and private data.

TigerLord 08-16-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemoon999 (Post 98847)
Since both your stealth accounts are in good standing, it won't raise anything big. I made the same kind mistake too sometimes, just don't trust your memory all the time. Check the spreadsheet if you got multiple accounts. I think in the drop down list, no matter how many in there, you can always use the arrow buttons move up and down, highlight the one(s) you want to remove, then press DELETE key to get it off the table. No need to clear all the history and private data.

Hot Kirstin Kreuk is right (jebuus she is hot... :cheer:) again. In Firefox use the arrows up or down to select an entry, then press DELETE to delete it from the list.

I did this mistake today as well. Except I logged on a good stealth account with an IP I had just used a few hours before to create a stealth account. I marked the new one tainted in my spreadsheet and probably wont use it, but, eh, mistakes happen, even to the organized folks :D

Jonas 08-18-2009 01:47 PM

eBay could in theory record every single invalid password used in a login.

But they'd need other factors to link the accounts or even lookup and compare the invalid password with passwords.

TigerLord 08-18-2009 02:59 PM

If you try to login to another account by mistake, it can very well link you. What are the chances someone else will mistakenly type your eBAY username?

Surely this must activate SOME security measure/bot.