eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   deleting flash cookies ? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/12772-deleting-flash-cookies.html)

decaljunkie 08-17-2009 09:27 PM

deleting flash cookies ?

i just got done reading stealth book and am kinda confused on flash cookies do i need to delete flash cookies every time i log in to my new ebay account?:confused: thanks

webguy 08-17-2009 09:38 PM

From what I understood when I read the book is that you should delete your flash cookies before creating a new account so you can't be linked to your suspended accounts and then leave them after that. If you keep deleting them they get suspicious.

If you have multiple ebay accounts that's a different story but the ebay stealth tells you how to get around that as well.

decaljunkie 08-17-2009 09:43 PM

thanks that makes a little more sence.

TigerLord 08-17-2009 09:47 PM

It is more advisable to create a fresh new windows user account for each stealth account you create and keep them for each time you need to use them.

bax 08-18-2009 08:38 AM

Can e-bay actually link different e-bay accounts from the flash cookies? The reason I ask is that I have never prevouisly deleted them and none of the stealth accounts have been linked. I do however, delete the normal cookies and internet history using Firefox delete/clear private data on exit. Just out of interest I have always used the same windows login. I assume I should create a new one for each e-bay account?

Quote:

Originally Posted by webguy (Post 99788)
From what I understood when I read the book is that you should delete your flash cookies before creating a new account so you can't be linked to your suspended accounts and then leave them after that. If you keep deleting them they get suspicious.

If you have multiple ebay accounts that's a different story but the ebay stealth tells you how to get around that as well.

captainjack1980 08-18-2009 09:08 AM

It is best for a more healthy stealthy account.

Have any of your stealth accounts been suspended..... this is when linking would become an issue.

CaptainJack

bax 08-18-2009 09:13 AM

yes they have but not through linking that's why I am interested if ebay can or do link by these flash cookies. I presume if I start using separate windows logins ebay may think its a new computer and possibly do an id check when I login?

captainjack1980 08-18-2009 09:48 AM

I guess linking via flash cookies is just 1 nail in the coffin of a stealth account....

I've never had an ID check on an Ebay or Paypal account and I login from different locations/computers when I am travelling.

I think the benefits of serperating your accounts by user account would outweigh the risk of Ebay not being able to recognise your computer the first time you login. And you could always copy the cookies across to your new user acount if you are that worried.

Incidently I have to verify my identity via a code sent to my email when I login to ringcentral from a computer other than my own. Never had anything like this on Ebay or Paypal.

I hear US users get it though.

CaptainJack

Claire Voyant 09-17-2009 06:32 PM

Ok, so how do I delete the flash cookies to start new again? I am not flash cookie savey!!! Where are they hiding??? A little help would be awesome here. Can you tell I am a newbie??

lakeman 09-17-2009 09:17 PM

You can use CCleaner to delete flash cookies or you can go to the following link and delete them there.

Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Website Storage Settings panel

perun 11-03-2009 10:50 AM

use firefox with betterprivacy plugin and history sweeper..also cleaner should helphttp://nicewii.com/perun/images/42.gif

and don't forget to use virtualbox and similar ...socks5...then history sweeper which clean all logs will help hide your track :pound:

onceuponatime 11-03-2009 11:00 AM

I was confused as well initially. But, after reading the forums for different scenarios, IF you set up different user names on your computer; use dial up and sign in under FIREFOX, there is no need to delete flash cookies or your cookies after each use. Matter of fact, it will solve a myriad of problems is you DON'T. But, make sure that you have set up the different user accounts on your computer, keep track of the IP numbers (very important) and don't use that user name for anything other than Ebay, Auctiva, Paypal then you won't have a thing to worry about in cleaning cookies or flash cookies because they won't attach to any other user on your computer. I hope I'm giving you valid information. That is my understanding of what I've read. I'm up 10 days and counting..................

Here We Go Again 11-03-2009 12:24 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding

Different User Accounts On Your Computer

pishposh 02-10-2010 10:34 PM

ok so let me get this straight if i use different users on same computer i am to just not use the same ip and it is that simple???? how in fact am i able to know if i am using a different ip. I have at&t dsl motorola modem internet access. Thanks for help

First Edition 02-11-2010 09:53 AM

there are many. many threads on how to change the ip. I use ipburger.com as a homepage to check it every time. I also keep a log.

dunjapunja 04-20-2010 04:47 AM

maybe this sounds strange, but i heard this guy that deletes the flash cookies on registration of a new ebay account, the after a while he usses his 8 ebay accounts on 1 ipaddress, he uses the accounts for months now.

ever heard that before?

riversnew 04-20-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunjapunja (Post 134178)
maybe this sounds strange, but i heard this guy that deletes the flash cookies on registration of a new ebay account, the after a while he usses his 8 ebay accounts on 1 ipaddress, he uses the accounts for months now.

ever heard that before?

As long as none of the accounts is suspended or linked to a suspended account, sharing of IP address might not mean anything. However, when one goes down, so will the rest.

oompaloompa 04-20-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

ever heard that before?

thats a bad idea

ip isnt important if you happen to have the same ip address on 2 different accounts, say 3 months apart as a one-off, but sharing same one on daily basis will link them if one goes down.

TGMT² 04-20-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

That's believable, as long as ALL the accounts are in good standing.

But his little trick of deleting Flash Objects is of no help...rest assured ALL his accounts are linked, and problems with one will take down ALL eight.

Here We Go Again 04-20-2010 06:29 PM

When 1 falls they ALL will fall....
Just like domino's....

dunjapunja 04-26-2010 05:09 AM

Ow Sh*t, i delete the cookies after each ebayvisit, so this isn't recommended?

MOONCRICKET 05-06-2010 02:08 PM

I have an opinion on this... I think that EITHER your ip address OR your cookie & flash-cookies should remain constant in the eyes of ebay.

Having one or the other change is okay. Having both change makes them suspicious.