eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Seperate user accounts, Change IP but ebay still logged in ! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/12812-seperate-user-accounts-change-ip-but-ebay-still-logged.html)

idiotbay 08-19-2009 07:49 AM

Seperate user accounts, Change IP but ebay still logged in !

hi every1.

Ok a couple of recent accounts got suspended, so now i am going to do as recommended which is one windwos account for 1 ebay/paypal account.

Ok so i sign into one ebay account on my first windows account.

Then i switch to my second ebay account which is on windows account 2.

Once i switch to that windows 2 account , do i then change the IP address on that account ?

Also on my first windows user account my ebay account is still logged in, will this cause a problem ? should i log out first, then switch user account and change IP, then log into my ebay account ?

Kind of lost,

Thank you

captainjack1980 08-19-2009 08:23 AM

No need to log out of Ebay if you are using seperate windows accounts.

And it would be recommended to use a different IP address for each account.

Also you need to be sure you are not using the same IP as was used on your suspended account as this could link you.

Methods for changing IP address are well documented on these forums.

CaptainJack

idiotbay 08-19-2009 08:51 AM

but why would that not link it, for example ..

am on my first user account with ebay account A, so i now want to go to my second windows user account to use ebay account B.

Should i get i new ip address when am in windows user account 1 or 2? As both sets of accounts on logged on ebay.

As for both windows user accounts there will be the same IP right.

captainjack1980 08-19-2009 09:19 AM

Ok this is how I do it:
I use mobile broadband which assigns a dynamic IP address.

I log out of user account 1. This disconnects me from net.

I log into account 2. Reconnect and get assigned a new IP and am ready to log into my ebay account.

If I understand correctly you have a static IP and you are just switching user rather than logging off the user account. This obviously has the potential to link you.

Switching user accounts rather than logging off is fine but you need to close the browser window and change your IP address before you log into ebay/Paypal each time, if you don't want to risk linking the accounts.

CaptainJack

idiotbay 08-19-2009 12:04 PM

ok so i should log out of a windows user account,

then change the ip from my router settings once am in 2nd windows user account,

then log in ebay/paypal

thank you for all ure help jack

captainjack1980 08-19-2009 12:14 PM

No probs - sounds like you got it sussed.

CaptainJack

Vicvelcro 08-19-2009 12:17 PM

The simple answer to your question is that you can log in as A, switch user to B then change IP and login to ebay. You can stay logged in to B and switch back to user A change IP back to what A was before you switched then continue with ebay on A while B is still in other user acct.

You just HAVE TO BE SURE you have the proper IP in the proper user login BEFORE YOU CLICK A LINK OR REFRESH THE PAGE.

Why? Because once a page is loaded, it won't send any more data to ebay until YOU perform some action.

If this confuses you, do it the careful way. Do what you need to do on A. Log out of A. Log off winuser A. Login winuser B, change IP. Do everything you have to do for B. Logout.

Don't try anything you aren't 100% clear about.

bluemoon999 08-19-2009 12:19 PM

Yes, you are right. And, if it gets a new IP assigned. Compare your new IP with all your prior used IPs in the log sheet. make sure it's a brand new one, not the one that your other window users account are currently using or used OR any prior suspended ID, user account used. Keep a log sheet is important.

Vicvelcro 08-19-2009 12:28 PM

An important NOTE:

Don't leave a paypal window unattended. They do sometimes send a timeout warning via dynamic code. If that happens while you are away, it will get the info of what IP your 'away' self is working with.

bluemoon999 08-19-2009 12:31 PM

What is the time-out value on Paypal site?

Vicvelcro 08-19-2009 12:33 PM

About 10 minutes.

idiotbay 08-19-2009 02:13 PM

thanks for the extra tip

TigerLord 08-19-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicvelcro (Post 100106)
You just HAVE TO BE SURE you have the proper IP in the proper user login BEFORE YOU CLICK A LINK OR REFRESH THE PAGE.

Bold for more emphasis.

eBay account alpha go with windows user account alpha and IP 1.2.3.4
eBay account beta go with windows user account beta 5.6.7.8

Beta can remained logged in beta and alpha in alpha, as long as the IP matches the account you are in.

Keeping a spreadsheet in excel or openoffice with what IP you use for each will prevent mistakes.

GreenBean 08-19-2009 07:29 PM

When it comes to running multiple accounts successfully, it is imperative to do as 'Lord says. It is also very important to NOT do anything you are unsure of as vicvelcro said. Go back over this carefully to make sure you understand the method.:peace: