eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Help!!!! How to change 02 broadband ip address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/13331-help-how-change-02-broadband-ip-address.html)

eternity4u 09-10-2009 04:28 PM

Help!!!! How to change 02 broadband ip address

hi

I need some urgent help.... i have 02 wireless broadband, which i can change my ip address, i did but a internet dongle but the coverage is so bad in this area that it is not worth it. Please can someone help me fast.
thanks

Vicvelcro 09-10-2009 04:32 PM

Not enough info provided. Do you have a home internet connection like cable or DSL? If so, give specifics like who your provider is, what internet package you purchased, whether you connect your modem through a router or direct to the ethernet port of the PC...

eternity4u 09-10-2009 04:37 PM

I have a wireless router.. o2 is my provider. what other information you need

Vicvelcro 09-10-2009 04:42 PM

I need to know:

who your ISP is
Is it cable or is it DSL
Is your modem separate from your router or is it a combined unit
What type of wireless adapter (802.11 or something else - if something else... WHAT?)
Do you know if your IP is handed out dynamically or is it static

eternity4u 09-10-2009 04:47 PM

It is dsl unit combined unit i do not have apadter since it is built in my laptop.. my ip is handed dynamically.

Thanks alot for this...i have so many genuine address for ebay but this is the only reason i can't create a new account

Vicvelcro 09-10-2009 04:57 PM

If you have DSL and the address is dynamic, you should simply be able to unplug the power to the modem, wait a few seconds, plug it back in, and a new IP address should be handed out via the ISP DHCP.

IP Chicken - Whats my IP address? ip address lookup to see your WAN IP
Follow the above instructions - THEN
IP Chicken - Whats my IP address? ip address lookup to see if your WAN IP actually changed.

Let me know how that goes.

eternity4u 09-10-2009 05:04 PM

Hi I have done that..ip does not change on 02 wireless sorry i was meant to say static... i did have bt home hub,, which changed my ip whenever i unplugged...hate this o2..is there no way i can change the ip...i did get hide my ip software but was told that ebay still can track you...

Vicvelcro 09-10-2009 05:08 PM

If your IP is static, then there is nothing you can do about that ISP.

Using software proxies or VPN service is not viable for ebay anymore.

I'll try to research your ISP and see if there's a workaround.

eternity4u 09-10-2009 05:11 PM

thanks alot...how long would it take you to find out....thanks a million..

Vicvelcro 09-10-2009 05:17 PM

Already found out. You could unplug your modem for 3 months, and when you turned it back on, you'd still have the same IP address.

You will have to find an alternate provider - either a permanent replacement to o2 or for your ecommerce use only.

If you choose to drop o2, I suggest you NOT get a service that provides a combined modem/router unit. Those are a bad choice for 'our' purposes. You'll want to ask in advance if a new ISP provides dynamic or static IPs. Dynamic is what you want.

If you have a decent cellular phone package, you might be able to use your cell phone connected to your PC at no extra cost to provide occasional internet access. That's an unlikely possibility, but perhaps you are one of the lucky people.

eternity4u 09-10-2009 05:23 PM

Today i bought a o2 dongle....my parents place have top coverage.. i can get new accounts there...but the problem is i have low coverage here at my grandparents... i think i would get o2 or sky package..what one do suggest? any good idea?

Many many thanks for your help

Vicvelcro 09-10-2009 05:31 PM

Personally, I can't suggest any mobile service of any kind. My opinion is that absolutely no mobile provider currently supplies a level of service useful to me. Not anywhere in any country. Thus, I'm a bad candidate for any advice you could use.

I can help tremendously with technical problems, but my opinions are useless in regard to service advice.

Unofficially, I say 'borrow' any open wi-fi you can sniff out.

GreenBean 09-10-2009 05:37 PM

Neither of them if you want quality service. 3 network is OK. Check Vodafone & T-Mobile are better (imho). With several UK accounts in different areas (North & SouthEast) they consistently perform:peace:
Decide how much you want to spend & what extras might come with a package.

eternity4u 09-10-2009 05:50 PM

thanks
just got o2 dongle,,,would go to my parents house for the sign up for genuine account and then change my internet provider and go to bt homehub has ip changes each time you disconnect..thanks.

GreenBean 09-10-2009 06:00 PM

OK, s'long as you keep a track of your IPs sound workable. :peace:

biglouis999 09-11-2009 10:14 AM

BT home hub is great. You can use the reset button - dont need to unplug.

I use T mobile PAYG dongle - usable speed and I am in a poor mobile reception area. Also heard 3 highly recommended.

You could try pay as you go to begin with.

I am in an area where there are about 30 wireless networks and only about 30% are protected! I can and have piggybacked on one of my neighbours when I changed my ISP and there was a "gap" in service.

Probably not recommended but another way to change your ISP!

biglouis999 09-11-2009 10:16 AM

Vic is undoubtedly right - there is no "one" provider good for the whole country so far as dongles are concerned. Depends upon the lottery of where you live.

idiotbay 09-11-2009 06:58 PM

hi, i have o2 broadband. yeh its a pain you cant change the ip even if its a dynamic, look at the o2 sticky in the ebay uk section. There is instructions there that works, basically you have to change the mac address for the ip to change.

look at the sticky

TopRatedSeller 11-04-2010 08:25 PM

i will give you advice if you have static ip and you are attached to dhcp (dhcp is giving out ip addrs based on your phisical addres so called mac ) you can use a tool to scan mac adresses around you within the network and by changing mac (if you have access to router) change your ip :)

GrannyT 04-30-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biglouis999 (Post 103375)
BT home hub is great. You can use the reset button - dont need to unplug.

I have that on the farm - works every time for me!:clap:

biglouis999 05-01-2011 08:37 AM

If you use BT another plus is that you can log into BT openzone which will give you yet another IP address. Openzone comes free for me since I am on BT option 3. It also means I can take my netbook about and log into hotspots. I recently used it in Portugal and got quite a good speed and no excessive roaming charges as if I had used my T Mobile dongle.

My advice to OP would be to change your iSP back to BT if this is an important issue.