eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   How to change MAC address on imac w/ leopard 10.5.8 os? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/13411-how-change-mac-address-imac-w-leopard-10-5-8-os.html)

ONE 09-14-2009 12:55 AM

How to change MAC address on imac w/ leopard 10.5.8 os?

Ok I have searched google and done several hours of reading on top of searching youtube for tutorials but come up with nothing.

Has anyone figured out how to change your MAC address on a IMAC duo core running 10.5.8 leopard OS?

I tried the the following below under terminal.

"ifconfig en0 | grep ether"

just to check the original MAC address. Now I also checked en1 en2 and en3 (en3 is my usb wifi extender that pulls long range ip's) I wrote them all down plus my terminal saved them while I was checking everything.

I then went in and typed the MAC address below which was different than my original one.

sudo ifconfig en0 ether 00:11:22:33:44:55

Then clicked enter. Put in password. Clicked enter and it checked out fine.

Then went to double check to make sure the change went into effect with:

ifconfig en0 | grep ether

That process did not change the MAC address.

So I kept looking online and found a program called changemac and it seemed to work plus it generated random MAC addresses and applied them to Airport and ethernet which was nice.

The two problems I am having that changemac can not seem to fix is:

1. Is it will NOT change my EN3 (USB connection) mac address at all which is most important cause it is what we run our long range wifi finder through to get high speed connections avoiding dial up.

2. Even when I get it to change the MAC address on Airport and Ethernet it will not show it has changed in "advanced settings" but it shows in the terminal command check....which is ok but it still worries me cause we are trying to run several accounts on the same Apple computer for the first time and I just don't want to get them linked.

I am still a novice when it comes to certain aspects of the computer especially the Apple computers....I am sure I did not explain everything clearly but up until now we had 1 computer to 1 account on apple computers at our warehouse. If we were on a PC it would be a different story and if we were on a older Apple OS like Tiger it would be a different story as well.

Any help would be much appreciated.