eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Cut out an object with photoshop, and move it a little bit, linkage? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/137511-cut-out-object-photoshop-move-little-bit-linkage.html)

glacier922 07-04-2020 05:35 PM

Cut out an object with photoshop, and move it a little bit, linkage?

What is your opinions on this? If I were to cut an object out with photoshop, or gimp, have a white background, and for every new account, I just move the object just a little bit, you folks think that can be a linkage? I mean, technically it is a different picture. Thx.

Pandoras_box 07-04-2020 06:08 PM

Re: Cut out an object with photoshop, and move it a little bit, linkage?

Any slight change to an image will change its unique hash. So you should be fine if a bot is looking.
I wouldn't do it for fear of a manual review.

If you can't be bothered to spend all day on photoshop, just take several photos from different angles and background. Have someone on Fiverr edit them all. You can then run it through an online EXIF remover yourself.

glacier922 07-04-2020 06:17 PM

Actually in this case scenario it would be easier to use gimp or Photoshop because the object is already cut out. Just thinking if there was any people that had experience with regards to linkage.

glacier922 07-04-2020 08:15 PM

I'm also wondering, if you were to scribble a little bit with ms paint, let's say draw a little white line in a whitish area on the picture, it should be different from the original right? But then again, with all the technology such as facial recognition, eBay bots would be able to pick this up in no time.

Platypus1000 07-04-2020 08:16 PM

I’m having the same problem

glacier922 07-05-2020 01:19 AM

What's the problem ?

Pandoras_box 07-05-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 1104024)
I'm also wondering, if you were to scribble a little bit with ms paint, let's say draw a little white line in a whitish area on the picture, it should be different from the original right? But then again, with all the technology such as facial recognition, eBay bots would be able to pick this up in no time.

Yes, that will make a difference as it would generate a different hash when you upload it to eBay. Any changes, however slight, will make a completely different hash.

On another note, I've had times when I just clone competitors titles, photos and item specifics (using my description) yet, I haven't lost an account due to that. It makes me speculate that using the same photo across accounts just by itself is only a contributing factor to being linked. In other words, this by itself would not link two accounts.

glacier922 07-05-2020 12:34 PM

You think there's a link if you keep the description the same? How about using the default desCeiption eBay provides ?

Pandoras_box 07-25-2020 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 1104133)
You think there's a link if you keep the description the same? How about using the default desCeiption eBay provides ?

Well, I do not think that creates a link. I just like to add more information to my description especially item specifics which I'm well aware gives you a massive boost in search results.

In short, if I copy a listing and make any changes, it would be for optimisation purposes and not to avoid a suspension.