eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Flash Cookie question confusion (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/13980-flash-cookie-question-confusion.html)

ILovePaypalNOT 10-07-2009 12:46 PM

Flash Cookie question confusion

I had one account limited this morning and another ebay account they are asing for identity confirmation bc they dont recognize the computer Im using. The two accounts are not linked.

So I checked my flash cookies and there is one from ebay.staticip.com

I deleted it , but I want to know if they can tell what websites I visit, like for instance This one, and do they know what email I check etc?

Should I only visit this website and others I dont want them to kow about from a user account that Idont use with ebay or paypal? or can they even see that info?

Thanks

oompaloompa 10-07-2009 12:55 PM

I think they can only see their own cookies for flash, there is such a thing as a tracking cookie, that follows you areound websites, but doesnt see your passwords or who you are on the etc, just the site...

I think they are different cookies....

ILovePaypalNOT 10-07-2009 01:05 PM

wonder what the "staticip" cookie is....

TGMT² 10-07-2009 01:17 PM

There s really no reason to delete Flash Objects pertaining to eBay and PayPal.

As a matter of fact is is much better to keep them intact by keeping your unlinked accounts separated with individual user accounts on your computer.

ILovePaypalNOT 10-07-2009 01:38 PM

I ahve them all in seperate user accounts, but I was jsut wondering if they could see that I am on this site and checking all my different emails. and maybe that is why they are requiring identity confirmation

should I even attempt to get past identity verification with a stealth account? they want live help to do it .

ILovePaypalNOT 10-07-2009 02:13 PM

Just had live chat with ebay

This is CRAZY! I was told by the lady that the registered owner og my account had the initials DD, Im like NO its in MY name I amlooking at my account right now.

She says whats your DOB? I gave it to her , she said thats incorrect. WHAT?! No its NOT incorrect Im looking at it right now!

She said well we have a differnt tool to see who created the account and thats not the correct name or DOB/. Then she gave me this link

eBay Help : Contact Us

She says if you claim to be the one who created this account them email this department. We have a different tool used to verify members coming on chat

What is going on with this? The name she gave is NOWHERE on my account. I am looking at it right now.

ILovePaypalNOT 10-07-2009 04:10 PM

HA HA never mind I fixed it!! Dang Im good :)

Vicvelcro 10-07-2009 05:07 PM

So... what was that all about? What was the cause? What was the solution?

ILovePaypalNOT 10-07-2009 05:41 PM

according to ebay someone tried to change my password in the overnight hours. its very strange because I got an email saying Password change notification, yet the password was still the same, bc I used it to log in today....

AND all my information looked the same to me , everything was still there.. but in ebays system they saw something different. a different name , date of birth , and phone number,,, I do not understand how or why that happened. So after the first attempt at live help failed , I logged back in and they had blocked my account due to a third party attempting to access my account.

But I talked again with live chat and finally convinced the person to confirm my identity by sending a code to my personal email. All the info was stealth so no way I could have really verified it if she had done like she wanted to and "used her verification resources"

Vicvelcro 10-07-2009 06:53 PM

Thanks for the info. Might be handy for me to know, later.

oompaloompa 10-16-2009 01:06 PM

how on earth did they get in to your account, how could they bypass password??

Lyda 10-16-2009 01:34 PM

Sometimes, on new Ebay accounts if Ebay suspects something, will send emails like this, while there is no actual "intrudor" into your account.. Ebay makes this up and usually have you click on their link within email to log in and change the password. What happens than, they see the actual IP you responded from and can compare and will suspend accounts using proxy IPs...Like "Hide My IP" etc. I know, happened to me years ago when I didn't know any better.. lol.

Here We Go Again 10-16-2009 01:44 PM

I had 1 account about a year ago that eBay kept telling me was getting hacked.
I recovered it 3 time through their account recovery process.
Every time I got it back NONE of the info was any different than when I set it up.

When they told me it got "hacked" for the 4th time.
I told them where to stick the account so that it would stay hacked.

I just walked away from that account and kept going with life.

ILovePaypalNOT 10-16-2009 01:51 PM

yeah I went through their ID verification, and everything was fine , then when I tried to list I got prompted to do it all over again. So Im done with it now, Im not going to do ID verification everytime I list.

Thing is , I Do NOT beleive someone actually hacked or tried to hack my account , I think thats complete BS . First of all , my password was never changed , I logged in jsut fine with the same password. YET they at first could not verify my identity because she said the name , number , and bday on the account was different.. To which I responded

"Thats bull because Im looking at my account right now"

So I do beleive they just made it all up... especially when she told me that no matter what *I* was seeing on my account that eBay live chat personell had other ways to see accounts... Please... whatever.

So I wrote them and told them where they could stick their account.

Lyda 10-16-2009 01:55 PM

Yea, I wouldn't trust them on this.. Except, my account was indeed hacked one time and Ebay cought it... They asked me to immediately change the password etc..which I did and than I saw dozens of weard listings I never made, so there was a proof right in front of me that my account was hacked. That happened only 1 time, all other times Ebay was making up things...It helps creating your passwords with 2 digit numbers, than word and than end it with another 2 digit number. Those passwords are almost impossible to hack..Ever since I used this system I never get those Ebay warnings any more.

Vicvelcro 10-16-2009 06:24 PM

I kinda like using 1a2B3c4D! which has letters, numbers, upper/lower case, and punctuation. If any of you guys want to use it, I have it trademarked, so you'll have to email me to request my permission. Else I'll VeRO your password and leave your account wide open...

doombot1 10-19-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILovePaypalNOT (Post 107080)
I had one account limited this morning and another ebay account they are asing for identity confirmation bc they dont recognize the computer Im using. The two accounts are not linked.

So I checked my flash cookies and there is one from ebay.staticip.com

I deleted it , but I want to know if they can tell what websites I visit, like for instance This one, and do they know what email I check etc?

Should I only visit this website and others I dont want them to kow about from a user account that Idont use with ebay or paypal? or can they even see that info?

Thanks

YES. FLASH cookies CAN be used to access informatino from other sites.
Also the ebay.staticip cookie is tracking you IP information (as in static ip).

if you want to delete your flash cookies and/or change your flash cookies settings you can do it here:

Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Website Storage Settings panel

HOWEVER, this will not delete ALL of the .sol flash files. To delete these, do a search on your main drive (usually C: drive on PCs). search for .sol and check the 'search for hidden folders' box under advanced options.

Make sure to delete all regular cookies even on offline folders and then your good. -

UNLESS you have a deleted / fraudulent / or otherwise flagged account (non payment of fees/etc) THAT WAS ATTACHED TO YOUR IP address.

in this event, ebay has flagged your IP address. You will need to use a proxy or get a new IP address. most high speed connections have static ips. SO you will need to contact your ISP and ask them to change your IP.

Here We Go Again 10-19-2009 06:12 PM

EACH account should run under their own user profile account on your computer.
This keep ALL the cookies & Flash objects separate.

If you start deleting your cookies & Flash objects eBay & Paypal will want to contact you to determine that you are the person who owns that account.
Just like the phone call when you set up the account with the pin number from the phone call.

Personally ALL my accounts have their own user account inside my computer.
I never delete cookies or Flash objects.
I never have to get phone calls to ID myself.
I have accounts that I set up over a year ago that I have not accessed in that long also.
When I log into that computer user account to access that eBay/Paypal account the original cookies & Flash objects are still there.

This helps avoid the linking issues also.

onceuponatime 10-31-2009 01:38 PM

Thank you for this informative post.

I too have set up different accounts for each user. I use dial up and my IP when I open Firefox is different every time as I keep track. Based on what I'm reading, I no longer have to keep my FIREFOX settings to delete all cookies etc after every log in because I have each stealth account on a different user. According to what I'm reading deleting after every log in would cause suspicion. Just want to make absolutely sure before I change FIREFOX to not delete cookies, and want to make sure that NO OTHER user on this account would have their cookies or flashcookies show in the individual user account.

I've followed the steath book (great great job) to the letter and they were very clear about the firefox settings. However, since I have the different user accounts on the computer and always use dial up, am I correct in assuming that I should change the firefox setting to allow cookies and flashcookies?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here We Go Again (Post 108892)
EACH account should run under their own user profile account on your computer.
This keep ALL the cookies & Flash objects separate.

If you start deleting your cookies & Flash objects eBay & Paypal will want to contact you to determine that you are the person who owns that account.
Just like the phone call when you set up the account with the pin number from the phone call.

Personally ALL my accounts have their own user account inside my computer.
I never delete cookies or Flash objects.
I never have to get phone calls to ID myself.
I have accounts that I set up over a year ago that I have not accessed in that long also.
When I log into that computer user account to access that eBay/Paypal account the original cookies & Flash objects are still there.

This helps avoid the linking issues also.

Here We Go Again 10-31-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onceuponatime (Post 110709)
Thank you for this informative post.

I too have set up different accounts for each user. I use dial up and my IP when I open Firefox is different every time as I keep track. Based on what I'm reading, I no longer have to keep my FIREFOX settings to delete all cookies etc after every log in because I have each stealth account on a different user. According to what I'm reading deleting after every log in would cause suspicion. Just want to make absolutely sure before I change FIREFOX to not delete cookies, and want to make sure that NO OTHER user on this account would have their cookies or flashcookies show in the individual user account.

I've followed the steath book (great great job) to the letter and they were very clear about the firefox settings. However, since I have the different user accounts on the computer and always use dial up, am I correct in assuming that I should change the firefox setting to allow cookies and flashcookies?

As long as you are using different computer user accounts for each of your eBay/Paypal accounts then there is NO NEED to delete your cookies/Flash Objects.

The computer user accounts keep your cookies/Flash Objects separate and safe from each other.