eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Flash Cookies ~ Windows vs Apple Apple Notebook buying advice (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/14114-flash-cookies-windows-vs-apple-apple-notebook-buying-advice.html)

TheDen 10-14-2009 03:29 PM

Flash Cookies ~ Windows vs Apple Apple Notebook buying advice

I have been using a Windows computer, have my whole life. I used eBay Stealth and have been back on eBay successfully since May. (Thank You) I use a different user account on my Windows computer so I don't have trouble with the flash cookies as recommended in the book. My question is, if I buy an Apple: do they have user acts like Windows and would I do this the same way? I have never used a Apple in my life. I just want to make sure I would not screw up my eBay account I have guarded with my life.

I am in the market for a new laptop and love the looks of the new Apples. Hate the price. You have any thoughts on them? I hate Vista and worry about Windows 7. My computer is slow to start, shut down....all the normal Vista c/o.
Is Snow leopard as good as they lead you to believe?

Thank
TheDen

ONE 10-14-2009 03:45 PM

Yes create different user accounts to be safe imo. I have not tried the snow leopard yet but we run leopard 10.5.x and it works great.

Also another cool thing is a lot of your printers will be plug and play so no need to download drivers or keep disk around like a pc....so its great for buying adhesive backed labels in bulk off ebay and using them with any printer in sight if your mobile with a apple labtop.

The new mac's don't have a phone jack if your doing the dial-up route but apple does sell them for about $50. You can buy them off ebay for about $25-$30 though and they are external usb to phone jack.

Yet another thing about apple is its super easy to make the computer broadcast a internet signal if your hardwired in and send signal out like a router....pcs have this option too I think but its a pita trying to set it up smoothly.

You will be happy with the apple. If you want windows on it just get a program called parallels...the newest version is really good.

Check out the rokland RAlink N3 extended wireless device to pick up high speed IP's from far away. It works well on the macs and its $39.99:cool:!

There hope this info helps...

Here We Go Again 10-14-2009 06:22 PM

Yes there are user accounts on Mac and they are easy to use.
I am Macintosh and I love it.....
I have not seen a Blue Screen of Death in many years....

I use my Mac Laptop for almost ALL my eBay accounts.

shoot2kill 10-14-2009 10:35 PM

It all depends what you are going to use the computer for! You can do a lot more with a PC than a MAC! My MacBook is just a dust magnet. I would just built a Mac computer its cheaper.

TheDen 10-15-2009 10:38 PM

when you say you can do more with a PC, what sort of things can you do that you can't do with a MAC?

Here We Go Again 10-15-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDen (Post 108350)
when you say you can do more with a PC, what sort of things can you do that you can't do with a MAC?

Get tons of viruses for one.
Search for and load drivers for another.
Delete tons of unwanted software.
Learn how to walk safely through the Registry
And MUCH MUCh More....