eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   maths for you!! ips (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/14242-maths-you-ips.html)

oompaloompa 10-20-2009 12:30 PM

maths for you!! ips

I very bad at maths - whats the likelyhood on an ip where all 8 9 or 10 digits change that they will be repeated????

Vicvelcro 10-20-2009 12:39 PM

Well, that will depend on the IP pool available to the provider. Some ISPs have a huge pool to draw from. Other ISPs have a smaller pool. Your ISP can not assign you an IP from my provider. So the range is limited. I'm pretty sure that even for small providers, the pool is 100k or more.

oompaloompa 10-20-2009 12:41 PM

so others will get an ip I used yesterday for example, or do I get various unique to me ips??

TGMT² 10-20-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 109008)
I very bad at maths - whats the likelyhood on an ip where all 8 9 or 10 digits change that they will be repeated????

That would entirely depend how often you changed your IP.

If you just changed your IP once a day, probably never. Changing 100 times a day, well like Vic said depending on the IP pool from your provider you could possibly see some repeats.

oompaloompa 10-20-2009 01:05 PM

ok, so what you are saying is that everyone using provider has access to all the ips, it isnt a case of say 100 of them would go to you and you only...?

so, an example, if an ip gets repeated and used on 2 seperate stealth accounts, say 6 months apart, and one account is suspended, that is not enough to bring other one down I assume...

Vicvelcro 10-20-2009 01:26 PM

Correct. Each free IP would be assigned to the next customer that booted their device. They do not assign blocks that are reserved for an individual subscriber unless you have business class service with multiple dedicated IPs.

eBay and paypal need more than just IP for purposes of linking accounts.

Example: Pretend your account has brown hair, pale skin, 3 meters tall, and the name is Nietze Pascal.

If I see brown hair just below my windows sill, I'm thinking it might be my pal Nietze but I can't be sure, so I don't holler out and say hey what's up.

Then I notice a pale forehead. We're getting warmer, but still nothing solid.

Then the person wearing that head stands up to be over 8 feet tall, NOW I GOT A MATCH. That's Nietze.

So, an outdated piece of IP info isn't enough. But if they can gather other clues...

bluemoon999 10-20-2009 02:10 PM

Good to know all the inputs. I would say hitting other people's ip is the least thing I would pay attention to simply because:

1. Possibility is very low.

2. We have no control over it unless you get unique dedicated ips.

3. Even if an account goes down because of this, we have back ups.

The most things i would focus on is to get everything organized, use different accounts under different IPs, users. Just don't make mistakes on my own end.

Burning 10-20-2009 08:42 PM

I keep track of my ip's all the time but the list is growing sooo huge. I have over 100 ip's on the list. Amway's it's useful if you forgot to change the ip when switching the accounts.

oompaloompa 10-21-2009 03:24 AM

I just cannot do that ^^^^^ too many...im worried about repeats

GreenBean 10-21-2009 04:59 AM

:nono: Can't is not a stealth word. By not logging the IPs, you run a chance of damaging yourself :nono:

Vicvelcro 10-21-2009 07:45 PM

Consider that IPs get reassigned on an as-needed basis. I've had a cable connection with an IP that stayed the same for longer than a year. I've had that same connection get new IPs much closer together.

As long as the connection is not disturbed, you'd have the same number - which is what the ISP and everyone except us finds desirable.

If your power fluctuates (storm season, didn't pay the bill, air conditioner blows the fuse in your home office), you might get a different IP depending on how long your power was out. Any number of things can cause a change.

THUS - taking above into account - I think it's reasonable to say that *WE* only need to keep track of the most recent 60 days.

Remember this: The IP address alone won't kill you on ebay or PP. If you get careless in other ways too, that is when it matters. So, do everything else well and right - screw worrying about IP. If you are absentminded like me, keep track of everything.

Burning 10-21-2009 07:56 PM

I have alot of ips so I usually go on excel and press "ctrl +f" Then I type in the ip to see if it has ever been used before.

oompaloompa 10-22-2009 04:34 AM

I dont get the keep track for just 60 days thing..

Vicvelcro 10-22-2009 09:34 PM

After 60 days, I'm pretty sure previous IPs are no longer a relevant issue. They get recycled enough times to blend in.

doughboykilla 10-22-2009 11:16 PM

What happens when u clone a mac address and get a ip that some one else is useing on your provider? do they get booted off or do u share ips?

like lets say me and my friend both use same isp and have same routers and we both cloned are mac address to the same #'s what happens then?

Vicvelcro 10-23-2009 12:05 AM

Very likely you would get crosstalk. That only applies IF you are both on the same node for cable internet. If you are not using cable internet or if you are on separate nodes, all is well. If you are on separate nodes, even using the same router MAC, you would each have a different IP address.

oompaloompa 10-28-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicvelcro (Post 109453)
After 60 days, I'm pretty sure previous IPs are no longer a relevant issue. They get recycled enough times to blend in.

for real? waa waa wee waa, that is good news!!!!

zmajns 10-30-2009 11:56 AM

Ips are usually assigned in an order first come forst served. So if I am today first to log on my isp I get an address like this. xxx.xxx.xxx.100, but tomorrow if I am second i get xxx.xxx.xxx.101, so that means some1 else got the 100. Thats why IP is not enough. I think they usually need 2 things to link you. Thats why even using the same name but all the other data diferent, won't link you either. In my country lets say the name Aleksandar Jovanovic is to common to be banned - cause when you open a phone book of a town that has 300k citizens, theres like 2 pages of that name