to change shipping drop off - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 07-13-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 16%
Default to change shipping drop off

Can you change where you drop off your pkg location?
Meaning pkg being left at NJ post office but showing on tracking locations
was dropped off in Maine?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-13-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: to change shipping drop off

The item location on eBay does not have to be the real item location, if that's what you mean. One of my accounts says items ship from the other side of the country compared to where I really am and it has perfect metrics.

If you're asking about the USPS side, that's also fine. Your return address can be in another state as long as you set the origin zip code correctly so rates can be calculated properly.

I might be misunderstanding the question. AFAIK it isn't possible to actually drop a package off in one state but have the tracking results show that you dropped it off in another state. The closest you can come is to have the preshipment update come from the wrong state.. by doing what I said above.
Old 07-13-2021
Threadstarter  

Thanks, I understand but it must be something else

Last edited by hercules2; 07-13-2021 at 07:04 AM.
Old 07-13-2021
Threadstarter  

Can a buyer see through looking up tracking details what city I drop off my pkgs? If so what excuse do I have for something so spread out?
Old 07-13-2021
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Yes they can see but they don't usually care as long as they get what they ordered.

It works like this:
Whatever zip code your return address shows on a package is the zip code USPS will tell buyers their label was made in ("pre-shipment notification received")
But if the shipment is dropped off in some other zip code it's going to be scanned in that zip code and the buyer will be able to see it.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
hercules2 (07-13-2021)
Old 07-22-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Yes they can see but they don't usually care as long as they get what they ordered.

It works like this:
Whatever zip code your return address shows on a package is the zip code USPS will tell buyers their label was made in ("pre-shipment notification received")
But if the shipment is dropped off in some other zip code it's going to be scanned in that zip code and the buyer will be able to see it.
Can a competition buyer buy from all of your accts then complain to Ebay enough to somehow show the link in accts by Post Office drop off location to get them restricted or suspended?
Plus as you know the first 12 digits on your USPS tracking label are all the same. At least on my Endicia printed label.
Please help
Old 07-22-2021
Executive [VIP]

Not a risk at all. Many sellers use fulfillment services so there are bound to be shipments from different sellers coming from the exact same zip code.

The tracking # aspect is something I wondered about when I first joined here. At the time I was selling from like 12 different accounts and printing labels for all of them with the same stamps.com account. empirestate was the only other one curious about it, before he got banned. Several years later and I haven't run into any problems yet caused by tracking/item location.
Old 07-22-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Not a risk at all. Many sellers use fulfillment services so there are bound to be shipments from different sellers coming from the exact same zip code.

The tracking # aspect is something I wondered about when I first joined here. At the time I was selling from like 12 different accounts and printing labels for all of them with the same stamps.com account. empirestate was the only other one curious about it, before he got banned. Several years later and I haven't run into any problems yet caused by tracking/item location.
You may not have the same competition as I do and I guess there's no way of knowing for sure. What's more troubling is that I noticed that my first 12 digits matching started in 10/31/2019 in my shipping log list.
Before that only the first 8 digits were the same and that first label was my competition's (signature letter in his name) start's it all then growing to 12 digits!
Old 07-22-2021
Executive [VIP]

Nobody will care. The first 12 digits are the same on every shipping label I print (except Priority, then two zero's turn into 5's).

For what it's worth the category I sell in is one of the most saturated on eBay (phone accessories) but it's not very common for competitors to purchase out of spite.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 07-22-2021 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-22-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Nobody will care. The first 16 digits are the same on every shipping label I print (except Priority, then two zero's turn into 5's).

For what it's worth the category I sell in is one of the most saturated on eBay (phone accessories) but it's not very common for competitors to purchase out of spite.
Spite for me is getting 15 to 20 accts linked with the same message being linked to one prime acct name in all the restricted emails.
Either they get suspended or reduced to just buyer accts, no sales allowed.
One day auctions is all I can get away with so far in the last month with out getting flagged or linked. If that doesn't work anymore I have to go to Amazon fullfillment for a real job.
My competition has gotten better and better at it over the years to the point of sleeper accts getting restricted.
Old 07-22-2021
Executive [VIP]

Ebay is cleaning up their marketplace. It's getting harder for everybody and tons of former sellers have already dropped out. At this point it is go fully legitimate or have eBay slowly kill all of your accounts. They are not playing around now that they are handling the money. Their hand is also kind of being forced by the government. They were known for a decade as counterfeit central but with all of the anti-china sentiment stirred up in the last 5 years they can no longer turn a blind eye to what happens on their site.

Working for Amazon is like the most soul-crushing wagie-cagie kind of job you can get.. but I guess I can understand that being your last resort since they will hire you even if you walk into the interview smoking a joint. That's exactly what Amazon wants though. They want small sellers to give up and join their workforce so they can continue their takeover of all e-commerce. :(

I think you should consider the idea that this is just eBay cracking down and not your competitors wasting their time trying to get your accounts with nothing even listed shut down. It's very unlikely that's what is happening.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 07-22-2021 at 08:33 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
hercules2 (07-22-2021)