Using a cellular connection card to create accounts? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 03-01-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTP View Post
I just wanted to update this thread with what I have found out.

I just purchased a Sprint plan and I'm using the USB Adapter Sierra Wireless 598U.

The plan is about $60 bucks a month.

I installed the software and then connected and reconnected 10x tracking my IP with IP Burger.

The results were as follows good:

So this sounds like it will be a great way to go. My speed is great and it keeps it off of my home network.

So we just need to be careful not to use an IP on one stealth account that has been used on another, right. If we see one of those IPs come up, just disconnect and reconnect and check again.

Much better than dial up!!!!!!
are you able to get the sprint plan without having a contract or voice plan?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-01-2010
Banned

Longevity: 85%

I use Verizon prepaid broadband only for ebay/paypal costs $50 a month for 500mb works great for me. But if you want more like 5gb for $50 you need a no contract service not prepaid but you buy the device then the contract is month to month.

Here it is on Verizons website.

Verizon Wireless - Mobile Broadband - Products

Here it is used on ebay the route I went it's at least half price.

verizon usb760, Computers Networking, Cell Phones PDAs. Great deals on eBay!

Otherwise go get it brand new

Novatel - Verizon USB Modem - USB760 760&cp=1&lp=1

The #1 thing I hate is Verizons Tech support. What a joke. Just a bunch of script readers. Horrible support and they have no clue of what's going on. FYI if you do have a problem use your friend google first before messin around with a worthless tech support
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oge For This Useful Post:
aspkin (03-02-2010), OfficialGenius (03-01-2010), Waldo (03-21-2011)
Old 03-01-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

500 MB is barely anything.... and the device is still 129.99, for the Novatel 760. I suppose you don't need a social though... maybe the way to go if your credit isn't so great. FYI deposits online are much cheaper than in the store, if that's the case.
Old 03-01-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
500 MB is barely anything.... and the device is still 129.99, for the Novatel 760. I suppose you don't need a social though... maybe the way to go if your credit isn't so great. FYI deposits online are much cheaper than in the store, if that's the case.
500 MB is perfect for just ebay/paypal and nothing else. Prepaid is all about being stealth not about credit. If I could get a bank account stealth I would but I try to keep it stealth with everything and it seems to be working good for me. If you think about it it's a small price to pay vs being limited or being scammed at least this way you can move on. It's all about how you look at things.
The Following User Says Thank You to oge For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (03-01-2010)
Old 03-02-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

500 MB is nothing.... Trust me. I deal with data limits all the time with this kind of thing. It's data sent and received, you might be okay, but 5 GB for 59.99 is the way to go.

Stealth is about being stealth with ebay, and paypal, and maybe some amazon. If you're too paranoid that your netbook is going to land you in jail, you're probably doing more than stealth, in my opinion.
Old 03-02-2010

Can someone explain this whole data thing? What's this for exactly?

500 MB "Data Allowance
(sending and receiving)"
Old 03-02-2010
Banned

Quote:
500 MB is nothing.... Trust me. I deal with data limits all the time with this kind of thing. It's data sent and received, you might be okay, but 5 GB for 59.99 is the way to go.

Stealth is about being stealth with ebay, and paypal, and maybe some amazon. If you're too paranoid that your netbook is going to land you in jail, you're probably doing more than stealth, in my opinion.
Well I'm not talking about anything illegal. I'm talking about keep things separate. I have a Sprint data card that I use for myself. It's just easier for me to use certain things for ebay/paypal and that's how I do it. 500 MB might not work for you because you need more data to make your lil accounts. But for listing and logging into PayPal works great for 10 accounts. Now you can have an opinion but you don't have to jump the gun Like I said prepaid and you say "ohh your credit ain't good". I say 500 MB you say "that's nothing you need 5GB". Don't say someone is doing something that will land them in jail because that isn't the case.

Last edited by oge; 03-02-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-02-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Sprint 4G is unlimited FYI.

Their 3G is limited to I think it was 500mb as mentioned above.
Old 03-05-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oge View Post
Well I'm not talking about anything illegal. I'm talking about keep things separate. I have a Sprint data card that I use for myself. It's just easier for me to use certain things for ebay/paypal and that's how I do it. 500 MB might not work for you because you need more data to make your lil accounts. But for listing and logging into PayPal works great for 10 accounts. Now you can have an opinion but you don't have to jump the gun Like I said prepaid and you say "ohh your credit ain't good". I say 500 MB you say "that's nothing you need 5GB". Don't say someone is doing something that will land them in jail because that isn't the case.

If you're not doing anything illegal, you have no need for an ip that is "stealth" other than it being different when you login. One benefit of prepaid data is that it cannot be traced back to a person, especially if you purchase at Wal-Mart for example, where they do not take ID when you purchase a prepaid phone service. For the 10 dollar difference in price to get 4620 more MB, I think it's well worth it.

Most people do prepaid because they cannot afford a hefty deposit with a phone carrier. I don't assume you have bad credit, but if you don't, the only other thing I could assume is that you're paranoid about whatever it is that you do, because a 50 dollar a month 500 MB is in no way practical for 10 accounts. You could easily eat up 30 MB just logging in, answering an email, checking paypal, clicking on a few lings, and logging out, one time.

Official Genius -

Data plans for cellular cards have a monthly allowance. As Aspkin pointed out, Sprints 4G service is unlimited, if you're in that market that has 4G service available. With Sprint 3G, and Verizon data, there is a 5 GB limit, or 5120 MB. These were at one time unlimited, but with Sprint WiMax and Verizons soon to come LTE, this is unlimited once again. When you login, browse web pages, make downloads whatever, it sends and receives data with the network. This is tracked just like minutes with a cell phone. Prepaid with Verizon is 50 dollars a month, but you get less than .5 GB, or 500 MB.

In my opinion, prepaid is a waste of money with data cards. Pure math...

129.99 is the full retail for a Novatel USB 760. If you do prepaid, you pay this price, plus a 25 dollar activation fee, plus you pay 50 dollars in advance for one month that gives you 500 MB.

If you do a contract, the device is free. But, you pay 59.99 a month, but you also get 10 times the amount of usage. 5120 MB - 5GB. Cancellation fee, yes. 175 on day 31 of service. However, this goes down 5 dollars a month. VZW prorates cancellation fees. If you cancel in 6 months, cancellation fee is only 145 dollars. If you haggle the salesman at Verizon Wireless, they'll waive the act fee and give you the data card for free.... TRUST ME.

Of course, the plan is assuming you don't have a hefty deposit, and you don't care about giving your real information to a phone company.

I don't.

Last edited by First Edition; 03-05-2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-05-2010
Banned

Quote:
If you're not doing anything illegal, you have no need for an ip that is "stealth" other than it being different when you login. One benefit of prepaid data is that it cannot be traced back to a person, especially if you purchase at Wal-Mart for example, where they do not take ID when you purchase a prepaid phone service. For the 10 dollar difference in price to get 4620 more MB, I think it's well worth it.

Most people do prepaid because they cannot afford a hefty deposit with a phone carrier. I don't assume you have bad credit, but if you don't, the only other thing I could assume is that you're paranoid about whatever it is that you do, because a 50 dollar a month 500 MB is in no way practical for 10 accounts. You could easily eat up 30 MB just logging in, answering an email, checking paypal, clicking on a few lings, and logging out, one time.

Official Genius -

Data plans for cellular cards have a monthly allowance. As Aspkin pointed out, Sprints 4G service is unlimited, if you're in that market that has 4G service available. With Sprint 3G, and Verizon data, there is a 5 GB limit, or 5120 MB. These were at one time unlimited, but with Sprint WiMax and Verizons soon to come LTE, this is unlimited once again. When you login, browse web pages, make downloads whatever, it sends and receives data with the network. This is tracked just like minutes with a cell phone. Prepaid with Verizon is 50 dollars a month, but you get less than .5 GB, or 500 MB.

In my opinion, prepaid is a waste of money with data cards. Pure math...

129.99 is the full retail for a Novatel USB 760. If you do prepaid, you pay this price, plus a 25 dollar activation fee, plus you pay 50 dollars in advance for one month that gives you 500 MB.

If you do a contract, the device is free. But, you pay 59.99 a month, but you also get 10 times the amount of usage. 5120 MB - 5GB. Cancellation fee, yes. 175 on day 31 of service. However, this goes down 5 dollars a month. VZW prorates cancellation fees. If you cancel in 6 months, cancellation fee is only 145 dollars. If you haggle the salesman at Verizon Wireless, they'll waive the act fee and give you the data card for free.... TRUST ME.

Of course, the plan is assuming you don't have a hefty deposit, and you don't care about giving your real information to a phone company.

I don't.

Well I give up I guess this guy knows everything. I just made the switch it's well worth it. Mobile Broadband Service | Virgin Mobile
A contract is a contract has nothing to do with anything illegal. But I wanna see what Mr. know-it-all has to say about this since he can't say he's getting any more MB. No deposit No contract No cancellation fees?

Last edited by oge; 03-05-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-06-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Virgin Mobile is prepaid Sprint PCS. It works on Sprint's network, but it only has limited data service, not all of Virgin's network is on EVDO (evolution data optimized) which is what most carriers refer to as 3G. Much of Sprints network is still on 1xrtt, which is still 3G, but it's comparable to dial up.

This is probably a good option for those people in a larger metropolitan area, that are guaranteed EVDO coverage. However, I would just use a Sprint 4G (wimax) card and get unlimited, at blazing speeds. If you're in the right area.

You'll be paying 100 for this card, and 60 a month, sure with no contract. The contract is not a problem if you look at it in terms of dollars.

I never said the contract has to do with anything illegal, you said a prepaid term is "stealth". I'm simply offering my opinion as to why most people will be okay with a contract, to get better service.
Old 03-06-2010
Banned

Quote:
Virgin Mobile is prepaid Sprint PCS. It works on Sprint's network, but it only has limited data service, not all of Virgin's network is on EVDO (evolution data optimized) which is what most carriers refer to as 3G. Much of Sprints network is still on 1xrtt, which is still 3G, but it's comparable to dial up.

This is probably a good option for those people in a larger metropolitan area, that are guaranteed EVDO coverage. However, I would just use a Sprint 4G (wimax) card and get unlimited, at blazing speeds. If you're in the right area.

You'll be paying 100 for this card, and 60 a month, sure with no contract. The contract is not a problem if you look at it in terms of dollars.

I never said the contract has to do with anything illegal, you said a prepaid term is "stealth". I'm simply offering my opinion as to why most people will be okay with a contract, to get better service.
Ok so leave it at that. I've been getting pms from users asking about this so you can say what you "Think" is good and so can I. You think your contract plan is better and I think this prepaid is better. Let the forum readers decides whats best after they read. Also a contract might make you think it's better service but it's not. They just got you hooked for 1 or 2 years and if you don't like the service or you don't need it anymore you have to pay. This way you can pay as go. Don't need it anymore they can resell it on ebay or craigslist. But yours if you don't need it you will have to pay it off before you sell it.Either way the bottom line is to get new ips, this is a way to get them without a commitment (CONTRACT) and to be faster then dial up or alot of newbies aren't tech savy enough to change the ip using the router or modem. Tethering with the phone is another way but if you don't have a iphone or blackberry then it's going to cost more. I mean unless you are a sales rep from Verizon your plan isn't the best like you think it is.
Old 03-06-2010
Banned

Let me guess you have a contract cell phone too and you get better service then a prepaid? I have boost mobile blackberry 8330 for $60 a month. Unlimited everything 3G speeds and it's no different then if I was on Sprint with a contract. This isn't something I read or thought up I did it. I had a contract with Sprint contract was up so I made the switch. Some of the comments you type makes no sense. Just start at the top and go down.

Last edited by oge; 03-06-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-06-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Every network has better coverage and speed available for monthly plans. You can still do a month to month plan with Sprint and Verizon if you pay the full retail for the device. Which is exactly what you do with prepaid, except your service is limited.

Boost is legacy Nextel prepaid, but now offers prepaid service on both iDEN and CDMA networks. Boost mobile coverage is limited to Sprint legacy CDMA coverage. As is Virgin Mobile......
Boost Mobile Coverage Map | Boost Mobile

Sure it's prepaid, but it barely works anywhere. You can get 10 times the coverage with a monthly plan with Sprint or Verizon. It's the same amount of money, it's just laid out different. If you don't want a contract, DON'T DO ONE AND PAY THE FULL RETAIL FOR THE DEVICE!!! You're on a monthly postpaid plan, instead of prepaid.

Boost phones do not roam, neither do Virgin phones.... YES THE SERVICE IS BETTER WITH A PLAN. It's called a postpaid plan, as opposed to prepaid.

You're not really reading anything I've typed. You're assuming I'm insulting you for your decision, and that is not the case. There is no reason to do prepaid, other than deposit or tracking purposes. Bottom line.

Is there an echo in here?

Please let me know one single advantage to doing prepaid as opposed to doing postpaid in the USA and site your sources. (other than avoiding a deposit)
Old 03-07-2010
Banned

Quote:
Every network has better coverage and speed available for monthly plans. You can still do a month to month plan with Sprint and Verizon if you pay the full retail for the device. Which is exactly what you do with prepaid, except your service is limited.

Boost is legacy Nextel prepaid, but now offers prepaid service on both iDEN and CDMA networks. Boost mobile coverage is limited to Sprint legacy CDMA coverage. As is Virgin Mobile......
Boost Mobile Coverage Map | Boost Mobile

Sure it's prepaid, but it barely works anywhere. You can get 10 times the coverage with a monthly plan with Sprint or Verizon. It's the same amount of money, it's just laid out different. If you don't want a contract, DON'T DO ONE AND PAY THE FULL RETAIL FOR THE DEVICE!!! You're on a monthly postpaid plan, instead of prepaid.

Boost phones do not roam, neither do Virgin phones.... YES THE SERVICE IS BETTER WITH A PLAN. It's called a postpaid plan, as opposed to prepaid.

You're not really reading anything I've typed. You're assuming I'm insulting you for your decision, and that is not the case. There is no reason to do prepaid, other than deposit or tracking purposes. Bottom line.

Is there an echo in here?

Please let me know one single advantage to doing prepaid as opposed to doing postpaid in the USA and site your sources. (other than avoiding a deposit)
Well First Edition you just like to talk alot about nothing. You think you know everything & you think you are always right but this is far from the case.But I don't want to keep going back and fourth because if it was just an opinion then you would state that and not that you are always right. Like I said scroll up a few posts you told Lakeman that Virgin Mobile doesn't have prepaid. Was you right? No but you continue on and on.

Then you assume that somebody is doing something illegal because I'm using a prepaid broadband card. If I wanted to do something illegal why would I pay when there are tons of free wifi. See how smart you are? LOL. But I didn't make any comments about you or assume anything for that matter. I could say why would I pay for something that is free? Like your accounts? Is that legal? And go on and on exactly what you are doing.

Come on buddy this is a forum state your opinon and move on have some respect. You don't know everything and you are not always right. But for some reason you wanna post like crazy. Some of your comments you know nothing about. I'm just posting valid information from my opinion to help other people because we all start off a newbie. Just think a little before you make a comment. But if you wanna play games then let's play.
Old 03-07-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Well First Edition you just like to talk alot about nothing. You think you know everything & you think you are always right but this is far from the case.But I don't want to keep going back and fourth because if it was just an opinion then you would state that and not that you are always right. Like I said scroll up a few posts you told Lakeman that Virgin Mobile doesn't have prepaid. Was you right? No but you continue on and on.
You still haven't touched on anything I've said. I missed the part about why doing prepaid mobile broadband has any advantage over postpaid? It's not a matter of opinion, you're projecting your ego.

Virgin mobile has only recently offered mobile broadband. Up until recently, their network has only operated on Sprints 1xrtt portion, which they've changed with their launch of 4G. I don't follow virgin that much, so sure, I made a mistake. My apologies.

Quote:
Then you assume that somebody is doing something illegal because I'm using a prepaid broadband card. If I wanted to do something illegal why would I pay when there are tons of free wifi. See how smart you are? LOL. But I didn't make any comments about you or assume anything for that matter. I could say why would I pay for something that is free? Like your accounts? Is that legal? And go on and on exactly what you are doing.
I never said you were doing anything illegal. You took ownership of a comment that you felt necassary to project your ego upon, and you let this conversation go seriously off topic. Stealing wifi is illegal. (Notice how I said stealing it is illegal, the act of using free public wifi is not) I never assumed you are doing anything illegal, however you're being very defensive about it and have brought it up many times for no reason.

The sale of ebay and paypal accounts is not illegal. If it were, the moderators on here would not allow it. (off topic regardless)

Quote:
Come on buddy this is a forum state your opinon and move on have some respect. You don't know everything and you are not always right. But for some reason you wanna post like crazy. Some of your comments you know nothing about. I'm just posting valid information from my opinion to help other people because we all start off a newbie. Just think a little before you make a comment. But if you wanna play games then let's play.

The information I posted is 100% valid to the point of the thread I started. There aren't many threads on the subject. Most users don't realize this is an easy and efficient way to get internet access, and have the ability to change ip's. There are many services out there, and people will pick what's right for them.

My point is valid and I can site my sources. Prepaid mobile broadband is useless compared to other options out there. It's great if you plan to use it once a month, a few times a year. I can't possibly see how you would operate an ebay business in this manner if you're using that for an internet connection.

I'm all for correcting my mistakes, and yes sometimes I'm wrong, but I like to engage in conversation with peers to keep my facts and opinions valid.

Why is there an advantage of doing prepaid instead of post paid?
Old 03-07-2010
Banned

Ok it's pointless to try to even begin to explain anything becauuse you have an answer to everything. The main advantage to get prepaid is no contract bottom line. Here I found a source for you to have all of your questions answered let me know if you need anymore information.

Verizon Wireless Doubles Contract Cancellation Rate From $175 to $350 on ‘Advanced Devices’
Old 03-07-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Yes, this is correct. The ETF on advanced devices went up from 175 to 350. When you sign an agreement with an advanced device you start with a 350 ETF on day 31, and it goes down 10 dollars a month instead of 5 dollars.

Of course, advanced devices with Verizon only apply to certain handsets such as PDA's and advanced multimedia phones, not the Novatel USB 760 data card, nor the mifi. For these, the ETF is still the same. (175)

I don't have any questions regarding this, thanks though.
Old 03-29-2010

Longevity: 83%
Thumbs up get a room

jesus christ , you guys look like an old cranky poor married couple.
go get a room or something.i was scrolling down and my speed scrollig was getting faster as you were arguing.
pd:by the way , good info from both.
Old 03-29-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco View Post
jesus christ , you guys look like an old cranky poor married couple.
go get a room or something.i was scrolling down and my speed scrollig was getting faster as you were arguing.
pd:by the way , good info from both.
I'm glad you could use the info
Old 03-29-2010
Banned

Hey coco with that comment good luck on getting advice.......
Old 03-29-2010

Lmfao