Keep getting Add Credit Card when trying to create accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-04-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Arrow Keep getting Add Credit Card when trying to create accounts?

Hey,

I've been trying to make multiple eBay accounts and am having a heck of a time. Everytime I try to create one, it asks me to Add a Credit Card debit card.

I know there must be a way to get around this, can anyone shed some light on this for me? I've been creating them using a Juno dial-up connection, but still get the stupid screen!

Thanks!

Last edited by gamingneeds; 09-04-2008 at 04:05 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-04-2008

Hmmm yes thats part of their procedures if you wanna sell. I suggest you to search the forum for "simon" and you will learn a lot about this topic. Also...why guessing and using hit-or-miss method when there is a guide here (click that big red banner on every page lol) that explains EVERYTHING step by step?
Old 09-04-2008

Longevity: 91%

Do you add a credit card and then it comes back and asks you to add another one?
Or have you not yet added a credit card?
If you have not yet added a credit card, I suggest you read the Credit Card Alternatives thread. Pay attention to the "sticky" threads at the top.
Old 09-04-2008

Longevity: 92%

just link a verified pp account and your done.
Old 09-04-2008
Threadstarter  

I'm talking about during the registration process not when I'm already a registered user. It will ask me all my details, name, address, etc and then when I click continue instead of asking me to go check my email, it asks me to verify my identity by credit card.
Old 09-04-2008

Longevity: 95%

If eBay is requesting you to add a credit card during registration you are doing something wrong.

1. Did clear your cookies?
2. Are you using a new IP address?
3 Are you sure no used the new IP address to access another eBay account?

Example you open an account at Starbucks. Many other people go online at Starbucks. Some even check there eBay account. So when you attempt to open a new account. You will be required to add a credit card to verify your identity.

The Key is to open a account were no checks there eBay account at a new IP address.
Old 09-04-2008

When I opened up my account recently i got 2 options, to verify with a credit card or by phone... i choose the phone option. Is that what you are getting?
Old 09-04-2008
Threadstarter  

Hey Here We Go Again, good info. When I exit out when it prompts me for a credit card though, I can't go back. What kind of cards are you using to verify your identity? I'm guessing you have cards you can use more than one-time. I've been using VCC's so its once and then its over...
Old 09-04-2008

That's what the Credit Card Alternatives section is for.
Don't mess with those online VCC sites. Use a gift card you can buy locally.
Old 09-04-2008
Threadstarter  

I open so many accounts I don't want to pay too much for these cards and I like my anonymity. I'll check out the section to see if something suits me but recommendations are also welcome.
Old 04-11-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi_Mojo View Post
Do you add a credit card and then it comes back and asks you to add another one?
Or have you not yet added a credit card?
If you have not yet added a credit card, I suggest you read the Credit Card Alternatives thread. Pay attention to the "sticky" threads at the top.
I'm having the issue that you asked about. I went through the "create a seller's account" screen and it asked me to add a CC. I added a VCC which I bought off of an authorized seller on this site. Then PP errors out (usually says that this format of paypal is too old usually due to bookmarks). I check the PP account and it shows the card added to the account. I then go through the create a sellers account screen again and it asks me to add another CC. What's happening? I removed and readded a couple of times in different places to ensure that it's not an error on their part. I appreciate any help you can provide.
Old 04-11-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

tha'ts weird.. i never had to add a card to open an ebay sellers account.

Just my phone number for the 4 digit pin, always have verifed paypal before you open the ebay account..

i will be making 3 more again today,, i make 3 a month every month since like 2005 and so far i have not be asked for a cc card since probably like 2008 i believe..

I also make sure its set up right so i never ever have to call in and verify anything either, once it is created, its created ....
Old 04-11-2011

It's probably because the account wasn't PP verified. I'll try that and see if it works.