eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Paranoid about what ebay will link me for.. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/18506-paranoid-about-what-ebay-will-link-me.html)

invader_adam 05-13-2010 03:11 AM

Paranoid about what ebay will link me for..

Ok...

So I've created 4 e-bay stealth accounts.
Now I'm worried these are going to be linked.. So I want to be careful.

I'm using different user account, IP addresses ect...

It's always so much effort logging into different e-bay accounts to check e-bay messages.

Instead of logging into ebay I check messages in my e-mail address.....

Is it safe to check all my e-mails in any user?
I know e-bay checks cookies.. Also they link accounts with e-mail addresses.
It makes sense to me they will link people together with the e-mails they signed into using cookies.

Can someone just say that not right... cause I'll feel better. Thanks.

Vicvelcro 05-13-2010 03:43 AM

Nope. They embed cookies and web-bugs even in the generic spam ads they send. Keep logging into the proper windows user account to check the appropriate emails.

Don't take any shortcuts.

GreenBean 05-13-2010 03:56 AM

Shortcuts are bad. That makes the chances of linking large.

What email are you using? gmail with images turned off or another one?
What you need to do right now is start training yourself to be stealth.

Look at it this way, to get 4 accounts running is tops: there's no such thing as so much effort to beat ebay & be stealth.:peace:

Vicvelcro 05-13-2010 04:24 AM

A minute of time invested being meticulous and careful can and probably will save you days of verifying and sending documents. May also prevent losing a solid account that can not quickly be replaced.

Seriously.

Morgan 05-13-2010 08:16 AM

I change ip and then run ccleaner before I logon to the next ebay account. A few people here say eBay does not like all clean, but that has not been my experience. Best advice is just keep a few accounts in reserve and just keep trying different things until you figure out what works for you.

Vicvelcro 05-13-2010 09:06 AM

I suspect that your regular cookies are wiped but flash elements are not wiped. Which would explain why they haven't bugged you about it.

I do it the other way around. I keep regular cookies but make d*mned sure no flash runs in my machine. I used to block it on my commerce box. Now, it never comes in. No flash. None.

From what I have observed, removing regular cookies AND flash elements will get you some attention.

pod 05-13-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 138269)

What email are you using? gmail with images turned off or another one?

Damn, didn't think about images. Will forwarding one gmail to another nail you? By just reading mail, not replying?

I have my other gmail messages forwarded to a main one just so I know when mail arrives. If I need to reply I log off and on to proper user with proper IP... But by just reading the forwarded mail the images will give away wrong IP?

All the gmail accounts are clean, including one they all get forwarded to, but now I'm worried by having all the emails forwarded to one IP I could be asking for trouble with images...

invader_adam 05-14-2010 01:13 AM

Thanks guys, all awesome answers.

Greenbean I'm using g-mail with images turned off. You are all right.
It takes allot of effort to make accounts so there is no point in cutting corners.
Hopefully I haven't done any damage.
I'll learn the way of the stealth ness ness ness. Cheers.

Vicvelcro 05-14-2010 08:49 PM

Turn off image display. If an image gets displayed on your screen, they get your IP. The images are hot-linked into the HTML of the email. It can (read 'will') give you away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pod (Post 138352)
Damn, didn't think about images. Will forwarding one gmail to another nail you? By just reading mail, not replying?

I have my other gmail messages forwarded to a main one just so I know when mail arrives. If I need to reply I log off and on to proper user with proper IP... But by just reading the forwarded mail the images will give away wrong IP?

All the gmail accounts are clean, including one they all get forwarded to, but now I'm worried by having all the emails forwarded to one IP I could be asking for trouble with images...

pod 05-14-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicvelcro (Post 138592)

If an image gets displayed on your screen, they get your IP.

Ya, I knew the answer even while I was typing. I know better when it comes to embedded images... But its always the little things that get away on you...

It was a dumb mistake for sure.

GreenBean 05-14-2010 09:02 PM

@pod, it happens. All you can do is try not to repeat it.:peace: