does PayPal report your IPs to eBay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 01-06-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default does PayPal report your IPs to eBay?

Just wondering if I have a new eBay account and log in to an old PayPal account on the same IP address will get the new account linked and suspended?(paypal acc linked to a suspended eBay account, but not linked to the new account in any way, different everything).
basically, does PayPal collect your IP address and try to match it with suspended eBay accounts? then of course eBay links you to the newly created Ebay account..and bam!
Is it possible or obvious?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-06-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

They both save your IP address when you log in, Paypal worse then eBay. Though I'm not sure if they're linking accounts because of this. They might be, but I haven't heard of anyone specifically complaining about it yet.
Old 01-06-2008

Longevity: 94%

Its not a good idea but I think they are mostly linking the email you put in when you list. If its for an account that you have ever recieved payment from a suspended EB account don't use it. You'll get canned.
Old 01-14-2008

They do link you! I had a manager tell me from Paypal - he is a top account rep $100K+ a month.

Believe me, they link!
Old 01-16-2008
Banned

I was thinking of that myself, but if they did that, eventually they would be suspending hundreds or thousand of legit customers. I have used well over 400-500 different ip address on ebay account over the years. Eventually, some one on my network will get the ip address I had and log into their paypal account and would be linked and suspended. Add up the hundreds or thousands of us that change our ip 4-5 times a day when logging into ebay and paypal and it starts to create an exponential problem. That is bad for business when you start pissing off your legit customers.
Old 01-22-2008

Default Here's another victim of ebay!

well here is what has happened to me,i'll try to sum this up.I've been dealing with ebay previously over the past 3 years or so.Some accounts just selling or whatnot.Anyways before I made my latest account I did it all,so I thought.I reformatted my hard drive,installed a fresh copy of windows,etc on my pc.Used a completely new number for my account(it was forwarded a forwarding service to my real phone).Used new address,and most definitely only went to ebay/paypal through AOL's explorer.Well that account lasted for roughly 13 days exactly.After i sold the first item,i printed the label,etc,then second item sold like the next day,printed label,then paypal called me by phone and said "we're just calling to verify that you opened this account,etc"then before she said alright,that's all,she asked me is this all I'm going to be selling and is this my personal items or did I buy it to sell and make profit"No,it's my personal belongings,and I have one more thing to sell maybe.Anyways,2 days later after I shipped the first 2 items,I listed my other item,soon as it ended and i got paid(like 12am)>went to bed,then woke up and BAM>limited account emails,suspended from ebay.WTF.I'm so fed up with those *******s,luckily I used UPS and today i called and processed the INTERCEPT packages for those 2 packages,so i shall wait and see if they make it back to me.Oh yeah one was worth $200 and the other was worth $350.any comments on what i did wrong,or was it nothing i could have done to prevent it?
Old 01-27-2008

SO let me get this straight.... can i log into all of my paypal accounts with the same ip address??
Old 01-28-2008

lol no. then they all get linked to each other and die.

noonster82:
i think u just sold too many items, maybe withdrew too much money in a week. so just send them all the crap documents they want, get reinstated and be back to selling. easy as pie.
Old 03-18-2008

I've noticed that when I go to pay for something with PayPal through eBay I now get this little pop-up box in the lower right hand corner of my computer screen. It pops so damn fast you cannot see what it is. I am wondering if this is some internal tracking from PayPal?? I always use dial up anyway. But just weird as its new to me.
Old 08-22-2008

Longevity: 90%

Hum.. First day on this forum so I haven't had time to go through all the threads yet so I hope this haven't been asked before (not too often at least).

If PP accounts getting linked together by the IP. What do one do if loggin in from a University Campus, Workplace etc where there might be a whole bunch of computers sharing same IPs to the Internet? If someone have got his/her PP banned, would all the rest get their PP banned too?
Old 08-22-2008

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by a0rta View Post
Hum.. First day on this forum so I haven't had time to go through all the threads yet so I hope this haven't been asked before (not too often at least).

If PP accounts getting linked together by the IP. What do one do if loggin in from a University Campus, Workplace etc where there might be a whole bunch of computers sharing same IPs to the Internet? If someone have got his/her PP banned, would all the rest get their PP banned too?
Read this response from Modee.
Old 09-24-2008

from my expereinces i dont think they can do much with the ip anyway as they cannot track the exact address with the ip they can only see the area it is from
how many people use ebay in the area (hundreds)
Old 09-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

The IP is logged every time you login to ebay/pp. Doesn't matter where you are it will always be logged.