eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Heres how to change your Mac Address + IP address. *cable and router uses* (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/2626-heres-how-change-your-mac-address-ip-address-cable-router-uses.html)

gitrooman 02-04-2008 03:26 PM

Heres how to change your Mac Address + IP address. *cable and router uses*

Macshift: Change your MAC address: The definitive free command-line MAC changing utility for Windows XP

Best program ever. It allows you to change your mac address thus allowing you to also change your IP address. here is what i did.
1-Downloaded the file

2-Created a Macshift folder dragged and dropped the macshift.exe file from the zip file to the to C:\Macshift folder.

3-I created a shortcut to the desktop.

4-I right clicked on the short and went to properties

------I connect through lan so..-------

4a- In the "Target" line i put C:\macshift\macshift.exe -r -i "Local AreaConnection" press OK then execute the shortcut

------For Wireless you should put------
4b- In the "Target" line i put c:\macshift\macshift.exe -r -i "Wireless network connection" press OK then execute the shortcut

5- Go to your routers setup screen and choose to "clone" your computers mac address.

6-restart your modem and router.

7- go to Find My IP Address - Lookup and see if you IP changed. If not consult the guide on the website you downloaded the program from.

8-Gimme some reputation :D

9-Let me know if it worked for you

aspkin 02-05-2008 01:48 AM

Thanks gitrooman, good info.

Thechronicles 03-26-2008 06:12 PM

have anything that would work on apple computers?

dinep 03-26-2008 08:44 PM

The best IP changer for cable users is SMAC v2.0(just clone any new mac for Ethernet card), if using router, no software necessary, just login into your router and replace MAC with new valid MAC. ;) good luck fighting .....

TotallyDisgusted 03-27-2008 03:49 PM

Reading-up on SMAC & looks real good. I am using a cable modem w/Linksys wireless router and having major problems changing IP address. Can read the users guide online...any problems using this w/the set-up I have?

Etycoon 08-10-2011 08:45 PM

I have is I have a wireless router and built in modem will changing the whole thing change my mac address and ip address .

Trader914 08-21-2011 08:39 PM

Is it true that changing the ip address is not enough - that ebay tracks the MAC addresses of your devices (NIC card, router)? This would mean that you must change your MAC addresses (by whatever means) before attempting to log in with your new accounts. Do these soiftware mentioned above accomplish this?

Alps_a somewhatlegend 08-22-2011 12:27 AM

eb does not look at your MAC address so there is no need to change it. They look at your external IP address.

If you do want to change it, I personally have used SMAC and TMAC which are very easy to use. TMAC has an option to save the MAC to profile so you can use same MAC for next time - handy for multi accounts......

..... thats if you do want to change it

fingerblast 12-03-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinep (Post 33334)
The best IP changer for cable users is SMAC v2.0(just clone any new mac for Ethernet card), if using router, no software necessary, just login into your router and replace MAC with new valid MAC. ;) good luck fighting .....

I'm having issues with changing the mac on my D Link n extreme router. I'm wondering if SMAC will be of any help?

ghostrider007 02-25-2013 06:58 PM

does changing mac adress with tmac change ip also automatically?

cheik150 11-05-2013 06:51 PM

Re: Heres how to change your Mac Address + IP address. *cable and router uses*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alps_a somewhatlegend (Post 261547)
eb does not look at your MAC address so there is no need to change it. They look at your external IP address.

If you do want to change it, I personally have used SMAC and TMAC which are very easy to use. TMAC has an option to save the MAC to profile so you can use same MAC for next time - handy for multi accounts......

..... thats if you do want to change it

Hi what is otmac and smac ?i have been trying so hard to change my ip I'm using a pace 4111n it's a combo modem/router and I can't do it , I bought the eBay and Amazon stealth so far not be able to change ip via router swap, pls help

oompaloompa 11-06-2013 07:48 AM

Re: Heres how to change your Mac Address + IP address. *cable and router uses*

tmac has easiest interface