eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Cell Phones for email & Internet (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/2775-cell-phones-email-internet.html)

ebayvictim 02-14-2008 05:14 PM

Cell Phones for email & Internet

I'm trying to decide which cell phone to upgrade to so that I have internet and email access. I use T-Mobile. I've seen posts from Chris Hansen about his AT&T Tilt and from ebayhateluv about the palm treo. Today I hard that you can use a blackberry to connect a laptop to the internet. Can you do that with the Tilt or Treo????? Anybody else have suggestions?

Chris Hanson 02-14-2008 05:33 PM

Tilt is the best to me. They use 3g internet network which is close to 1-2 mb broadband speed. Blackberrys are slooowww , so I heard..

The Tilt is the best phone on the market now.. It can do alot of stuff and I mean alot.Alot more then the backberrys

ebayvictim 02-14-2008 05:58 PM

Thanks for that info. Can you connect a laptop to it and have internet access??? I would rather not have to buy a separate air card.

aspkin 02-15-2008 08:39 AM

All-in-one device for simultaneous voice, data, and email
Large tilting touch screen, slideout keyboard and Wi-Fi
3G fast wireless broadband connectivity and speed
Microsoft Windows® Mobile 6 Professional with Vista compatibility
Go global with tri-band UMTS/HSDPA & quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
Stereo Bluetooth® 2.0 - Use voice, data, and accessories simultaneously
Next generation processor for 3G fast wireless broadband connectivity
Music player, AT&T Mobile Music, and Cellular Video capabilities
Instant Messaging - Yahoo!®, AOL®, & Windows Live(TM) Messenger
Sliding QWERTY keyboard with trackwheel for easy navigation
Microsoft Office® Mobile - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
3 MP camera with 10x digital zoom and autofocus
Multiple messaging capabilities - Text, picture and video messaging
microSD expansion supports up to 32 GB potential expandable memory
Integrated Wi-Fi (802.11 b.g) capabilities
Tethers to your laptop as a high-speed modem
Push to Talk capable for instant communication
Built-in GPS for use with Telenav GPS Navigator(TM)
Voice command and voice dialing

coolandcalm 02-15-2008 08:57 AM

Ok aspkin thats alot on a phone, which one do you use or recommend?

ebayvictim 02-15-2008 02:02 PM

Thanks Aspkin....I think I'm sold! :)

ebayvictim 02-16-2008 06:50 PM

I've spent 2 days and 6+ hours on the phone with tech support for T-Mobile. Their internet connection is only 512kb...so it would be a waste for me to buy the tilt with a 3gb speed. They've offered to ship me a T-Mobile Wing to try for 14 days. I can cancel and return it if I'm unhappy. I couldn't turn that down. LOL So I'll try the Wing and then decide if I need to change cell phone providers!

ebayvictim 02-16-2008 06:59 PM

FYI, it blew their minds when I asked about static vs dynamic ip addresses. Seems the only thing that they have that support dynamic IP's is their T-Mobile phone that feature Windows Mobile. That's the dash, shadow, and wing! I went thru 3 levels of supervisors to find someone who could answer my questions. To change IP's on T-Mobile you have to put the phone in and out of airplane mode so it will establish a new internet connection. If you don't go with a window's mobile enabled phone you have to turn off/ turn on the phone! Hope that helps somone else! :)

Chris Hanson 02-16-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayvictim (Post 25817)
I've spent 2 days and 6+ hours on the phone with tech support for T-Mobile. Their internet connection is only 512kb...so it would be a waste for me to buy the tilt with a 3gb speed. They've offered to ship me a T-Mobile Wing to try for 14 days. I can cancel and return it if I'm unhappy. I couldn't turn that down. LOL So I'll try the Wing and then decide if I need to change cell phone providers!

Uhn first of all the Tilt is not by T mobile. Its made by ATT, so you might want to recheck it. And the 3g speed is around 1 MB.. I think you got it all wrong and mixed up...

The T mobile wing is Shi*ty..

Here is a link to the ATT Tilt
AT&T Tilt(TM) Cell Phone - Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

ebayvictim 02-16-2008 07:42 PM

I KNOW the Tilt is by AT&T. I have t-mobile service! (I stated that in my original post!) And T-Mobile told me the tilt is WAY faster than their service allows! So I have to compare changing cell phone provider to AT&T and using the tilt to using an unlocked Tilt on T-Mobile. Even though the Tilt is a GSM phone doesn't mean that T-Mobile supports all the features. SO... I have to decide whether to use the best phone available with my T-Mobile plan or to change service providers to get another phone! Maybe you didn't read my post and YOU have it all mixed up! LOL

Chris Hanson 02-16-2008 07:49 PM

LOl yeah I think I may have.. Sorry

Jonas 02-18-2008 03:39 AM

Prices ?

ebayvictim 02-18-2008 07:08 PM

For the Phones???? $300-$400

ebayvictim 02-18-2008 10:29 PM

UPDATE: I added t-mobile internet service and while waiting on my new phone went ahead and connected my Motorola V330 to my laptop via bluetooth to act as a modem. The connection SUCKS! I think it's even slower than dial up. I call customer support and they said the speed wouldn't change with my new phone. So tomorrow I'm calling other service providers....AT&T and checking into changing service. I'm so glad I have 14 days to return T-Mobile's phone and cancel my service! :)