eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Multiple Hard Drive Partitions vs User Accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/30239-multiple-hard-drive-partitions-vs-user-accounts.html)

ShadyOne 04-12-2011 11:06 AM

Multiple Hard Drive Partitions vs User Accounts

We get questions everyday on the forum about user accounts, cookies, flash files etc etc and many members follow rituals like this:

Quote:

cookies - use CCleaner or similar to delete cookies BEFORE and AFTER visits to ebay AND other sites that track - THERE ARE MANY - and many of them have agreements with ebay to exchange information ( Amazon, YAHOO, Google, most commercial portals) For example, "doubleclick.com" is a NOTORIOUS hunter of user info and they specialize in tracking users accross sites, and selling this information to third parties.
Quote:

Flash Objects.
You can use short registry scripts available on the web to disable/enable flash
on the fly. OR - keep Flash off your conmputer altogether. Caution::: with Firefox, I notice I have Flash installed ( embedded in the browser) without ever explicitly installing it myself.
Flash installs EXECUTABLE code on your machine, which can see everything - all hardware and all their serial numbers,
ANY executable code installed on your conmputer has access to the hardware, to POSITIVELY identify you no matter what. A web site CAN NEVER see identifying features of your PC, BUT a website can querry Flash code to get that info, because Flash resides locally, and talks to web sites - it is made for that.
You do not lose much by excluding Flash. 95%+ of Flash content is advertising or annoying intro screens.
A lot of people (me included) are using user accounts and are just fine but some people sometimes blame thier different user accounts for their most recent suspensions.

Well has anyone thought of just using a different partition for each account to be extra safe? :spy:

It wouldn't be as quick as swithing user :lol: but if it is safest method then why not! ;)

I have thought of a few possilbe problems with it but I will wait to see what everyone else thinks.

:peace:

rsot 04-12-2011 11:39 AM

I am sure it is but the creation of diff user accounts is the "quick and dirty" method I would say.

BiN4RY 04-12-2011 11:57 AM

So now you're planning to install separate instances of Windows on one machine?

You can use a virtual machine to accomplish that instead.

ShadyOne 04-12-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

So now you're planning to install separate instances of Windows on one machine?

I already had 4 Window partitions on my computer and that is what made me think of it, thats all.

Quote:

What do you do here then? :noidea:

Quote:

I am sure it is but the creation of diff user accounts is the "quick and dirty" method I would say.
^^It is the way I roll. ;)

I just thought about the partition method for anyone who wants to be 100% safe.

jbluntz 04-12-2011 05:04 PM

Virtual machines are even better since you never have to log off your main desktop, you just change ip anytime you login to a different virtual machine on your desktop.

Mondy 04-12-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Multiple Hard Drive Partitions vs User Accounts
That's the big question: Multiple HDD Partitions vs Win User Accounts vs Java or MS Virtual Machine vs Remote Desktop Account vs VPS
fore more safety i would prefer Multiple HDD Partitions + different USB modems
everything depends on what you can master without any hassle! :clap: