eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Quick IP Question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/36243-quick-ip-question.html)

Jedi_At_Night 09-04-2011 03:45 PM

Quick IP Question

I purchased the book, and I have made some great friends on here. One thing I never tried was a WI FI HOTSPOT. Believe it or not, I use dial up on all of my accounts. Slow, but it works.

My question is, lets say my broadband IP is 1 string of numbers. I go into my local Burger King, and get free wi fi, and its a different ip address. Is it safe to say that if I create a new user on my system, and take all the safety steps, that I should be okay for 1 account. The idea is to have a different ip, right?

Can that burger king be used as 1 act. I'm just trying to make 1 act fast, and have no hassles.

If this works, then I can go from spot to spot and pick up different ips? It would be alot faster and easier for me if this method would work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BMW524 09-04-2011 03:57 PM

ofcourse it would work... unless someone does that already and has gotten banned through ebay... or simply by checking their ebay email via phone. everytime i go to a hotspot mine automatically connect to my iphone... if i happen to check my ebay mail through my phone and that account gets suspended. it may get linked. thats just my opinion. its very unlikely... but i like to be as close to 100% secure as i can get.

Jedi_At_Night 09-04-2011 03:59 PM

Thanks, it may sound silly, but I wanted to make 1 more act, and I'm getting tired of dial up. I just saw the Novatel MiFi 2200 Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot Modem , can give you a new ip every time you turn on and off. This might be the saving grace for me!

CORRECTION, Spoke with Verizon. Not offered in my area, because we do not have fios. Crap!

BMW524 09-04-2011 04:08 PM

are you aware of or have you tried doing the whole changing the mac address on your router in between accounts? Thats the best way and your using the same ip every time and its legit from your service provider. its just a tad bit time consuming but the benifit is you don't need to use the dial up and that slow stuff.

Jedi_At_Night 09-04-2011 04:48 PM

I'm aware of it since I started, but truthfully it seems alot more complicated to me saving info and such. My wife helps me, and although slow, dial has been a proven formula for us.

I was actually looking for faster ways. I think if I bought cheap netgear routers, each one I think would produce a different ip address?
Can someone confirm this?

My only other ideas was the hot spot, which would be fine for 1 or 2 more acounts that I want speed on..lol

BMW524 09-04-2011 05:10 PM

are you speaking of plugging a router into a router and so on? i was thinking that but dont have anything around to test it out. each account would have a constant dedicated ip address. from what i've read on here from atleast a dozen of regulars that post on here. the hot spot does work and is the best means for a faster method then dial up... only thing is that its fairly pricey. and if you use the 1 hotspot on more then 1 account... you would have to check and remember the ip's.