Auctiva - will EBAY obtain my IP address or cookies when listing using Auctiva ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 03-31-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Auctiva - will EBAY obtain my IP address or cookies when listing using Auctiva ?

Hi is it safe to use Auctiva on the same ip or can ebay still get my ip?

cause i know with tubro lister ebay can still get your ip
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-31-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Same Ip should be okay, it's not shared with eBay. Last I checked at least.

Just don't use one auctivia account for multiple ebay accounts. That's a no-no.
Old 03-31-2008
Threadstarter  

ok i think i will give it a shout i played around with it a bit but hard to figer it out i thought i listed a item but i guess not and now its asking for a ebay token which i already did then it asks for it again so i dont know whats going on with it
Old 04-05-2008

Longevity: 93%
Default Remember to re-write your descriptions.

Remember to re-write your descriptions.
I have scene ebay to immediately block accounts where 2 old auctions descriptions are posted to a completely new account.
Old 04-16-2008

Longevity: 96%
Default Auctiva and new identity check for selling

Hi,

this has been asked but no reply, if you use auctiva to list everytime for all of your accounts via the same IP (auctivas) how will this play out with the new "rules" they are proposing linking accounst to Pc and calling you to list etc??

Old 04-16-2008

Default auctiva and details sharing with ebay

From post on auctiva forum noted as the CEO auctiva:

"We don't pass any info to eBay right now. We've asked them in the past to collect this info because all it does is encourage the fraudsters to list with us instead of eBay which uses our our servers and time instead of eBay's. It's stupid for eBay to implement this but not have a way for us to give them the same data because all the hackers just end up using 3rd party sites. Of course eBay probably loves that because it narrows down where they have to look for the hackers but it sucks for us.

I've specifically asked them for this for 2 years in a row at eBay Live to the person in Trust and Safety department. It's like talking to a wall though.

Reading between the lines it would seem auctivas gets a pass on this security as ebay cleverly channel all the **** to the 3rd party sites so as to decrease there exposure, what a set of sly ba*&a%$s, I aint complaing tho as means impact on me and many otehrs on here is far less IMHO
Old 04-16-2008

Longevity: 99%
Thumbs down Every time I used Auctiva...

I got suspended.
Old 04-16-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayaintstupid View Post
I got suspended.
My experience is just the opposite. I have always used Auctiva and never had an account linked because of Auctiva.
My first suspension was completely my fault and the second was because I stupidly used the same paypal account that was linked to the first account.

As mentioned above, it is definitely a good idea to create a separate auctiva account for each ebay account.

Last edited by oscar_98; 04-16-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-17-2008

Longevity: 98%

Well if auctiva does then you just have to change IPs and cookies.
Old 04-17-2008

Longevity: 99%
Default I have no idea why Auctiva got me suspended...

I was probably careless in some way or another. But when I stopped using it, I made it a year without a suspension.

I like Auctiva, but in my cases, within a couple of days of using it, I got nailed.

I changed up the ads, I set up new accounts, etc.

The accounts weren't linked though, they were suspended for "abusing ebay". I have no idea what I abused.

In one case I listed five items I had never sold before and all were about $10. Within a day, blam, suspended.

After I got the same result on three accounts using Auctiva, I stopped using it and no longer got suspended. Maybe I am just being paranoid but it was more than coincidence to me.

Last edited by ebayaintstupid; 04-17-2008 at 03:42 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8egay View Post
so your saying its totally fine to use auctiva from a banned ip/cpu???
I wouldn't go that far, but I have successfully listed with Auctiva from an eBay banned IP. I used that eBay account for over a year before it was suspended for being linked because I was using the same paypal account as my first suspended eBay account.

eBay probably checks cookies every time you visit their site and perhaps they only confirm IP when you list from their site???? This all happened before I knew that I needed to change my IP or how to do it.

Now that I know better, even if I thought it would work like it did before, I would still change my IP. Even if you only list through Auctiva you still have to log into eBay at some point. Changing your IP is very easy to do and if you don't do it they will catch you eventually.

Last edited by oscar_98; 04-25-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-25-2008

OScar-- I like your Avitar )

Sometimes, I wonder if its Competitors, reporting us,,?? If we ALWAYS sell the same type of product, and always use Auctiva... well, its not hard to deduce..
Old 04-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
OScar-- I like your Avitar )

Sometimes, I wonder if its Competitors, reporting us,,?? If we ALWAYS sell the same type of product, and always use Auctiva... well, its not hard to deduce..
Thank you

I have been wondering the same thing. My category is very competitive with sellers constantly trying to undercut each other (some to the point of making pennies per sale) I am positive that if they recognized me as a suspended user they would be on me like flies on poo. I think it is very important to change up your listing style including titles and descriptions, not so much because eBay is reading everyones auctions, but because your competitors are.

For my current eBay account I am selling the same products and using Auctiva, but I completely changed up my seller details, re-wrote my titles and descriptions and even used photoshop to edit the background of stock images I had been using.
Old 04-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

I'm 100% sure that using Auctiva will not get you killed. I use 10 accounts per day through the same IP address with Auctiva and never get suspended. eBay would have killed me long time ago if they did.
Old 04-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudrat26 View Post
Hi,

this has been asked but no reply, if you use auctiva to list everytime for all of your accounts via the same IP (auctivas) how will this play out with the new "rules" they are proposing linking accounst to Pc and calling you to list etc??

You're probably fine and better off using Auctiva. I doubt they can ask you to log into your eBay account and verify your phone to list something through Auctiva. That would make Auctiva worthless.
The Following User Says Thank You to imjustme For This Useful Post:
safkool (10-17-2013)