eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   If ip changes each time for same a/c will it matter? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/3890-if-ip-changes-each-time-same-c-will-matter.html)

lucy 04-05-2008 04:31 AM

If ip changes each time for same a/c will it matter?

Trying to get my head around the question -

you sign up with ebay/ppal with a new ip, but your ip keeps changing each time you turn the pc on, so your now not using the same ip, that you used to register with ebay/ppal - as ip is constantly chaninging

Can ebay suspend you this way, if they can't track you down to a fixed ip?

simplyjimbo 04-05-2008 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucy (Post 35089)
Trying to get my head around the question -

you sign up with ebay/ppal with a new ip, but your ip keeps changing each time you turn the pc on, so your now not using the same ip, that you used to register with ebay/ppal - as ip is constantly changing

Can ebay suspend you this way, if they can't track you down to a fixed ip?

Most IP addresses, and reiterate most but not all, change each time you log on to the internet or turn on your modem. However some ISPs assign IPs for a lengthy period of time hence why you may have to force a renewal of IP address.

There's nothing suspect about constantly changing IP addresses whether for a new or old accounts as this is how the IP technology works via Dynamic address assignment.

The problem lies with signing in to a new account from an ip address that has been previously used by the banned or suspended account.

So the answer is no crapbay cannot ban / suspend you because of the constant changes.

screwedagain 05-15-2008 04:13 AM

someone can verify this

I mistakenly loss my ip i used with my main account. Well anyways i have roadrunner and i change my ip's every week. Well, after 2 weeks, ebay shut me down. I had no violations or neg feedback, this is the only thing i can think of. I had my account for 3 months and no problems with using 1 ip, but after the change of ip's i get booted. Why would they ban someone for using diff ip's.:confused:

yahhtrick 05-15-2008 07:48 AM

I reset my modem before logging in each time on about 4 ebay accounts so i get a new ip every time i login. I think you are good if your ip's are all from the same area. If you are logging in with one ip that is linked to ny and then one that is from cali this is something that could possibly get you suspended but if all of your ip's are coming from the same area you should be good.

twdell 05-15-2008 08:07 AM

i do the same thing. use a new ip address in between each account. never had any problems.

yogarelax 05-15-2008 05:30 PM

Glad this came up. Step 8 in guide says:plug in the dialup connection for that ebay account. never loginto the email for your ebay account from anywhere but the IP address that you use with that ebay account. I thought we should use a different Ip address each time one logs into ebay. And how would you get the original Ip adress back?
It is step 8 I am getting confused on.

Schniggy2 05-15-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogarelax (Post 41153)
Glad this came up. Step 8 in guide says:
plug in the dialup connection for that ebay account. never loginto the email for your ebay account from anywhere but the IP address that you use with that ebay account.

I thought we should use a different Ip address each time one logs into ebay. And how would you get the original Ip adress back?
It is step 8 I am getting confused on.

1. Plug in the dialup connection for that ebay account. I think this means you need a different ISP (company) for each dial up connection, if one ISP is only used for one ebay account you are guaranteed a unique IP for each account you are using (different company = different IP) as long as you use the right dial up connection :p

2.Never login to the email for your ebay account from anywhere but the IP address that you use with that ebay account. As above. Different ISP = Different company = Different IP for each ebay account, paypal account AND the email address linked to them.

***Disclaimer*** The above is only my opinion based on what I have read (I've already purchased the ebook thanks :p :rolleyes: ). Although I think what I've written above is right I offer NO Guarantees on the correctness of what I wrote, I am no expert Just Trying to Help ;)

yogarelax 05-15-2008 10:04 PM

do you mean that if you have 5 ebay accounts you must subscribe to 5 isp`s.[5 different providers?}

GreenBean 05-15-2008 10:10 PM

NO.NO.NO. That is not accurate info about having x5 ISPs for each account. You use x1
IP per ebay account. This IP may be within a range of numbers especially if you use dial-up.
Provided you are keeping a log, you should know what IP is used as you sign on to the
internet.

yogarelax 05-15-2008 10:15 PM

Greenbean:,
I agree with you , at least this was the way I read the guide. but look at the post b/4 mine. That one says different isp`s.. not just different ip`s.

GreenBean 05-15-2008 10:35 PM

Here's my answer. Scniggy2's user name is not on my list of people that have helpful
info. Accordingly, I will not pay attention to the INACCURATE advice. Yogarelax, go with
what you have gleamed from eBay Stealth.... that info works.

yogarelax 05-15-2008 10:38 PM

Greenbean; Thank you, Thank you. THAT is what I am going to do... plus keep the most accurate records I can... besides staying on... I am truly curious to see how this all pans out.

yogarelax 05-15-2008 10:41 PM

What I really mean is, I will be darned if these ebay creeps are going to get the better of me. I hate being treated as a nothing after all my hard work to be a "good' seller.
Like I don`t even exist.

Dutch 05-15-2008 11:18 PM

What I read is anyone who bought a Gateway with Windows XP got screwed and cannot change their damn ip address.

Schniggy2 05-16-2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schniggy2 (Post 41161)
***Disclaimer*** The above is only my opinion based on what I have read (I've already purchased the ebook thanks). Although I think what I've written above is right I offer NO Guarantees on the correctness of what I wrote, I am no expert Just Trying to Help ;)

As I have quoted, I am no expert, I wrote what I understood things to mean, in the UK (where I am from) its very easy to change dial up isp and MUCH SAFER (in my opinion) than just an IP change, especially if you are no good at keeping records like me :p Do a google search (on google.co.uk) for dial up and you will see what I mean ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean
Scniggy2's user name is not on my list of people that have helpful info

Firstly its Schniggy2.

Lastly, it seems like the "Mods" have their opinions, the only right answer is the "Mods" answer, I guess I won't try and help anymore for fear of being "put in my place" AGAIN :mad:

Schniggy2 05-16-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutch (Post 41175)
What I read is anyone who bought a Gateway with Windows XP got screwed and cannot change their damn ip address.

Thats rubbish, IP address is to do with your ISP Not your computer.

GreenBean 05-16-2008 08:51 AM

When your advice will allow a user to successfully make a USA based ebay account, I will listen. Yours was more pertinent to the UK, hence my comment. With a person making a new ebay account after the shock of suspension it is better for their information to be accurate as regards the country they live in..so I made the recommendation to go with the eBay Stealth book.

Yaz 02-20-2010 01:44 PM

Hi everyone,
I had same question, Will it matter if you use different ip address every time you log on to your ebay account?? I am not sure of my previous ip address which was linked to thye suspended ebay account so what if i use that ip address on my new account? I change the ip address constantly, will that raise a flag? Also I think mine is BT Dynamic, and i wondered if there is a way to allocate one IP for each account? Thanks

First Edition 02-21-2010 12:44 AM

This is answered early on in this thread.