eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Browsing history? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/40907-browsing-history.html)

oblong 12-25-2011 07:28 PM

Browsing history?

Apparently paypal and ebay like you to have browsing history over their site. What does this mean? Do I have to moronically go about opening and closing ebay pages for a week or so before I can sell? More than a week? Less?

flylow 12-25-2011 07:35 PM

it has been advised to not sell for the first 30 days on a new account....

also, the thing is, to look like a new user, one who generally looks around, makes some bids (on things you know you won't win), etc...

i know this is probably not what you want to hear, cause i know it kills me to wait this amount of time myself...

hope this helps and good luck!!!

xxxhustlerxxx 12-25-2011 07:53 PM

when you make a stealth account. you need to act like a noob. the account is new so the new person has no idea on how to sell or bid. go onto the forums. ask some noob questions. and like 'flylow' said, bid on some things (make sure you loose) look around for different things. also go on other sites such as youtube and listen to some music, look for some chairs or something on google.

and i have said this time after time. (and yet people ignore it) build your feedback to 10 from buying things on ebay over the first 30 days.

why do people try and rush it? if you be patient your account should last a long time:clap:

oblong 12-25-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxhustlerxxx (Post 298674)
when you make a stealth account. you need to act like a noob. the account is new so the new person has no idea on how to sell or bid. go onto the forums. ask some noob questions. and like 'flylow' said, bid on some things (make sure you loose) look around for different things. also go on other sites such as youtube and listen to some music, look for some chairs or something on google.

and i have said this time after time. (and yet people ignore it) build your feedback to 10 from buying things on ebay over the first 30 days.

why do people try and rush it? if you be patient your account should last a long time:clap:

Oh man that's bad. 30 days... I was hoping for like a week.

I thought you said 'make sure you lose' the bids? How do you increase feedback to 10 without buying things, by just bidding?

xxxhustlerxxx 12-26-2011 07:28 AM

some people on here do list within a week, and have no feedback. but i have just allways done it the stealth book way :pop2:

and i just ment in general. bid on things so it looks like you actually wanted them. use buy nows to build feedback.

froyofan 12-26-2011 12:21 PM

Wait eBay can see what other sites you go on while you're logged in to your account?

gdnimrod 12-26-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by froyofan (Post 298841)
Wait eBay can see what other sites you go on while you're logged in to your account?

]]]]]]

lol wut

vany 12-26-2011 03:02 PM

what? come again... I know i am paranoid when it comes to eb & pp.. But they can see other sites you browse? Please confirm if I got this right...

aspkin 12-26-2011 06:29 PM

No, oblong means your browser history within eBay and PayPal. Not your browser history off eBay and PayPal.

Technically it's possible for eBay and PayPal to know about other sites you've viewed via a browser exploit, however I don't think they do this, it's bad mojo.

newjerseymax 12-26-2011 06:41 PM

If you visit other sites then the advertisements certainly change. Try going to one page like buy.com and within minutes going back to eb you will see advertisements from them allover the page. So there is some correlation when visiting other sites and eb. I really doubt though it has anything to do with restrictions or suspensions. Browsing the help area, making a few low bids and add a few things to your favorite lists and you will be fine

GreenBean 12-26-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 298919)
No, oblong means your browser history within eBay and PayPal. Not your browser history off eBay and PayPal.

Technically it's possible for eBay and PayPal to know about other sites you've viewed via a browser exploit, however I don't think do this, it's bad mojo.

Obviously some users are worried about this.

Is it reasonable to say that if a stealth user is not signed into an ebay account, there is little chance of tracking :pop2:

seanws30 12-26-2011 07:37 PM

some people are just paranoid.

im more worried about the black cars with license plate "ebay" that keep driving by my house

aspkin 12-26-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 298927)
Obviously some users are worried about this.

Is it reasonable to say that if a stealth user is not signed into an ebay account, there is little chance of tracking :pop2:

Being signed out doesn't mean much if you still have browser cookies, flash objects, etc still on your machine.

Pringles 12-26-2011 08:38 PM

I sometimes list after a week
Depends what you are selling

vany 12-27-2011 08:06 AM

I have to admit that I am a bit paranoid when it comes to Eb&pp... This seems like a grey area and I wouldn't like to take chances with them :(
well, i won't browse any sites just to be on the safe side and dedicate the machine to them...